• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

GJS

Is there any definitive answer as to what car charger and cable to get for the Nexus 4 in the UK? One that will provide charge whilst using GPS, navigation, bluetooth and HSDPA and not drain?

I've been looking around the web and on XDA but it's all wishy washy with people recommending different things, and others saying they don't supply enough charge etc.

A few people talking about dual 2.1A/1A USB socket car charger with a data only usb cable that shorts out and provides fast charging or something.

Bukana

Is there an App thread recommendation? I searched and I found nothing.
What's the best Twitter app that is similar to Tweetbot?

PaulLFC

Just ordered two. Aww yeah; Can't wait!

EDIT: Show me cases, GAF! Bumpers are out of stock so I'll need some fancy smancy ones!
Think I'm going to go for this one when it's in stock - protects the back of the phone but is see through so it still shows off the phone.

1.jpg

I sort of wish it didn't overlap the edges as much though, the curved glass at the edge of the screen feels so much better than the S2 where my finger would just hit the side of the phone's frame instaed of gliding off the screen like it does with the Nexus.

Edit: Fixed link.

Think I'm going to go for this one when it's in stock - protects the back of the phone but is see through so it still shows off the phone.

1.jpg

I sort of wish it didn't overlap the edges as much though, the curved glass at the edge of the screen feels so much better than the S2 where my finger would just hit the side of the phone's frame instaed of gliding off the screen like it does with the Nexus.

Your link is broken. What's the name of this case? :)

Husker86

This phone is so damn fast. I try to think back on if I felt the same way about every new phone I got and I'm sure I did, but damn...shit is instant.

What other phones out now use the S4 Pro? I'm sure the quad Exynos is on the same level or beyond, but anything else?

I'm rolling with the G2X and I love it fiercely so I've been holding off on this, maybe next revision or Nexus 5, probably end of the year.

I bought a bunch of screen protectors from eBay and I fucked up putting every single one on. Looks like I'm going naked till I can order more.

I fucking hate installing screen protectors

I might consider selling my N4 if anyone on Gaf wants one. It's the 8gb version still in good condition. I'm going to probably post it in buy/sell soon.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for a car dock/charger for my N4. Has anyone found a decent one?

I too would be interested in this. Preferrably one that can be dismounted quickly and easily to put it ouf of sight. My first navi got stolen (with the car's side window crashed, woo) 'cause I left the dock on the front window.

does that have... nope, still on GB... damn LG!

Yeah it's disappointing but the community support is excellent and I love this hardware. It's probably because it only has 512 MB ram.

Running cyanogen stable with a good kernel = very solid phone.

I actually really like gb too, even compared with ics and jb.

I've had this baby for.... 2 years now?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
To Canadians: Fido launched the Nexus 4 for $100/2yrs contract or $425 outright. Not bad.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
To Canadians: Fido launched the Nexus 4 for $100/2yrs contract or $425 outright. Not bad.

That outright price isn't bad considering I paid $422 with tax and shipping.

Got mine today but have to wait until later to play with it and cut my sim.

MoFuzz

I wonder if there's any chance that Fido would lock their version of the phone specific to themselves....

At the very least, would it come with some kind of Fido branding or bloatware installed?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I wonder if there's any chance that Fido would lock their version of the phone specific to themselves....

At the very least, would it come with some kind of Fido branding or bloatware installed?
Apparently, they didn't locked the Galaxy Nexus.

Seen on HowardForums:

Yes - it comes unlocked and pentaband

Biscuits

Mine just arrived in the afternoon. Hopefully my Diztronic case comes soon too!

Also I was wondering, anyone keeping the back protector on? Especially when you have a case anyways and don't see the back - why not keep it on so that its protected from any sand grains that get in there?

Mine just arrived in the afternoon. Hopefully my Diztronic case comes soon too!

Also I was wondering, anyone keeping the back protector on? Especially when you have a case anyways and don't see the back - why not keep it on so that its protected from any sand grains that get in there?
Yah that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I'd recommend that.

Some feedback about the problem I had:

Problem:
As soon as you add corporate exchange email then the lock screen widgets becomes disabled. (cannot swipe to camera or add widgets)

Fix:
Ask the system administrator to add you to the unlock group within Exchange (under your account Unified Messaging). This will still force you to have a pin or password but it does not disable the swipe left and right on the lock screen. You can also now add widgets.

Hope this helps someone

Top Bottom