• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

whitehawk

Banned
So I have a problem with my Nexus 4. It's not recognizing most of the photos I've taken. It only displays a few recent ones in the gallery, the rest don't show up. The photos are still on the memory, they just aren't being recognized by the phone. Any help?

Angst

So I have a problem with my Nexus 4. It's not recognizing most of the photos I've taken. It only displays a few recent ones in the gallery, the rest don't show up. The photos are still on the memory, they just aren't being recognized by the phone. Any help?
Try clearing the cache for the gallery.

I've been experiencing slowdowns with my Nexus 4 when using the stock music application. Can I do anything to fix it ? It's freaking annoying, happens everytime I want to change from tab to tab.

Do you mean when the wifi stops responding?

Happened twice yesterday.

Actually, I'm talking about a bug where the voice dialer/audio over bluetooth gets all crackly and erratic when you're connected to a WiFi network.

But yeah, it's definitely not the only WiFi or bluetooth bug with Android right now.

iirate

Mine lasted about 6 weeks. :-(

Mine only lasted a few. I went to my Rinke Fusion case afterwards and it's held up since. I DO really like the feel and design on the Poetic bumpers though, and have considered just buying them to use knowing I'll have to replace them often.

H2Yo

My Nillkin Red case just arrived and inside came a free stylus and rubber fish... I have no idea what the fish is for.

I don't really feel like rooting my device. Hopefully Sony adds native DS3 supports to all android devices soon.

yeah, rooting isn't for everyone... but using a DS3 via BT is a pretty good reason.

Is there some sort of case or attachment or anything to use Google Navigation on my car?

get a car mount. there are several kinds. dashboard mounted, air conditioner mounted, cd player mounted, windshield mounted, etc...

WoodWERD

Has anyone had issues with sending group texts in the stock messaging app? For the most part it works fine, but for certain threads messages just get hung up inexplicably ("Sending..."). Sometimes I can either just click the message to view details and then it gets sent, other times I'll send a 2nd message and they both go through (usually out of order), others I just have to delete and re-send. Kind of annoying with pictures. I'm stock no root.

Has anyone had issues with sending group texts in the stock messaging app? For the most part it works fine, but for certain threads messages just get hung up inexplicably ("Sending..."). Sometimes I can either just click the message to view details and then it gets sent, other times I'll send a 2nd message and they both go through (usually out of order), others I just have to delete and re-send. Kind of annoying with pictures. I'm stock no root.

do you have a strong signal and does that only happen with group messages?

DXPett1

Does the official bumper have a warranty? The section around the USB port has cracked and it isn't protection the phone near the bottom as it should...

Husker86

Same thing happens to me sometimes.

do you have a strong signal and does that only happen with group messages?

I usually have decent signal when it happens. It can hang for a day or more and will go through if I send another one. Sometimes I'll even receive day old MMS if I send one. I am on Net10 with AT&T SIM and I blame that instead of Android, but who knows.

H2Yo

Is there an (easy) way to swap the Back Button and Alt-Tab Button (No idea what its called) around? When using the phone one handed, it's hard to hit the back button when its on the left.

SRG01

For Canada-GAF: Has anyone noticed all the recent promos for the Nexus 4? Is this a sign that something's going to come out during Google I/O despite being less than a year since its release?

For Canada-GAF: Has anyone noticed all the recent promos for the Nexus 4? Is this a sign that something's going to come out during Google I/O despite being less than a year since its release?
nope. It's just because Telus/Bell/etc... are just now starting to carry the nexus 4.

whitehawk

Banned
Is there a way to get rid of the "back" "home" and "apps" buttons at the bottom while using apps? It takes up a lot of screen space that could come in handy when browsing the web. What would be perfect is if Google gave me the option to disable it, and then let me swipe from the bottom/side of the phone to bring it back (for 5 seconds) similar to how to swipe down the notifications bar.

hitsugi

Question - around 9 times out of 10, I can't hear anything on the other side of a conversation unless I'm on speakerphone or a headset.. OR if I give the phone a shake, I'll get tolerable volume. Is this heard of?

#2 - My USB connection seems to be really spotty.. sometimes won't charge overnight or it will rapidly connect -> disconnect.

I've had the phone since launch, is it too late to do anything about these problems? They weren't always there but it's getting worse and worse.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is there a way to get rid of the "back" "home" and "apps" buttons at the bottom while using apps? It takes up a lot of screen space that could come in handy when browsing the web. What would be perfect is if Google gave me the option to disable it, and then let me swipe from the bottom/side of the phone to bring it back (for 5 seconds) similar to how to swipe down the notifications bar.
There's no way to hide the software buttons without rooting your phone.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Question - around 9 times out of 10, I can't hear anything on the other side of a conversation unless I'm on speakerphone or a headset.. OR if I give the phone a shake, I'll get tolerable volume. Is this heard of?

#2 - My USB connection seems to be really spotty.. sometimes won't charge overnight or it will rapidly connect -> disconnect.

I've had the phone since launch, is it too late to do anything about these problems? They weren't always there but it's getting worse and worse.

I've had an extremely loose USB port on 2 of my replacements or at least one of them. I called Google and got a replacement.

loose USB port should always get you a replacement as long as you're under warranty.

You mean when the phone screen is off (standby) and you get a text? It doesn't light up like the iPhone. You get the notification light instead.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your a question?

The screen doesn't light when you get a text. The notification light does however. You can use Lightflow to control the color and frequency of the notification light.

Yeah that's what I was meaning. That's a shame that there is no option for that cause I'm always missing texts now. Thank k's though

remz

I dropped my Nexus 4 and wrecked the digitizer so now it's completely screwed. :(

If I want to get it fixed who should I go to, Google or LG? I'm in australia

Top Bottom