• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yeah don't use a proxy, I did the same to order the Nexus 7 from the UK store with my UK credit card to pick up when I travelled back there a couple of weeks later. Some bastard instantly went to Mercedes Benz and spent a couple of grand (all sorted now).

If you are exempt from tax then can't you just claim it back when you file your tax return in Germany? That's what I'll be doing. As far as I understand you are supposed to pay tax when you bring electronics into the EU from the US anyway.

Also surely it's worth getting here so you don't have warranty issues. The laws about returns are really good here in Germany,
Thanks for this post. Good points.

Media Markt (they are everywhere) will have it for 399€. I think this is the 16GB model.

Seems expensive. I like a $1 to 1€ conversion, when leaving VAT in. I may have to grab it from Media Markt, though. Thanks.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I hope they have a good shipping solution. The last time I ordered anything from google, it was the nexus one, which arrived within 24 hours.

Great so no concrete details will have us staying awake till 3 am EST tonight and then when it's still not up, we have to wake up early in hopes to catch it go up then. Fucking google. Guess we won't be sleeping much tonight :/

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Figuring out that tax+shipping is going to be around another $50. Amazon sure has me spoiled. Maybe I should just be patient and see where else this going to be sold. I am not short on money but like to save where I can.

Animator

Yea I decided to wait as well. I want to see if the build quality is any good before I order online just in case it has some problems like the first batch of nexus 7's did.

Kwhit10

I'm going to wait til probably January to get it, but I'm pissed becuase I've had this Droid Incredible for 2.5 years and on my family plan someone else used my upgrade and I didn't even sign the contract and now I can't terminate until May 2014 or pay $300. So fucking dumb.

hitsugi

Midnight release seems like less of a possibility... Everything looks like its pointing to the morning. Wonder how shipping will be if you buy 2 at once

Seems expensive. I like a $1 to 1€ conversion, when leaving VAT in. I may have to grab it from Media Markt, though. Thanks.
I have €200 in Media Markt gift cards, so was thinking of waiting. Since I am heading to the UK for Christmas on the day it arrives at Media Markt (December 15 according to their site) I'll be ordering from the play store tomorrow though.

If you can wait then maybe I can sell you the gift cards for €180. I'll get my phone early (and get rid of these gift cards) and you'll pay closer to the Play Store value.

Blablurn

b9w0q.jpg

please wake me up when its there

get this. Save the upgrade for the S4 if it blows you away next year.
i think that's what i'm gonna end up doing...last time i broke my phone like halfway into my upgrade cycle anyway so i needed to buy a new one. might as well just get one that costs the same without the upgrade and save the upgrade.

methane47

What happens if You attempt to use a non US credit card in the US play store? Does it immediately stop you? Or does it place a hold on the card for a couple days till the order is denied?

Snaku

Banned
3am is the best scenario for me since I gotta be at work at 7am est, and won't get off till the afternoon. Well after the launch window.

Nice! Even though I have to wake up at 7 for class, I still prefer to have a 3AM launch. I get to bed around that time anyways.

And I got an offer to buy my 4S for $450. Dudes coming tonight! Sweet.

Also, for Canada-GAF:

Originally Posted by tuffballa
for those Canadians wondering about border duty/custom fees..i just spoke to a customer service rep from the play store and they said ther will NOT be any duty charges as they ship from a local warehouse here in CANADA!!

I know a few people were wondering earlier.

Spinluck

you can just go toward the straight talk path since your contract expired.

How is Striaght Talk regarding their coverage and service??...

Because I've been torn between that and T-Mobiles $30 plan. The only downside to that $30 plan is the 100mins. Which I will surely pass since me and my gf now live in different states.

Top Bottom