• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

aznpxdd

Soooo when is it going on sale in USA? Thankfully I'm in China so I got all day today while lazy USA people sleep! Gonna go through my VPN to order this shit on the US website.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Image? Can't view the device pages in Sweden, and I don't feel like messing around with proxies right now.

i05EQr3qmar6j.png

I just know after all this waiting that I'm going to miss this somehow.
KuGsj.gif

$20 bumpers is pretty normal (sadly), no? I bought my Apple bumper from dealextreme for $2. Can't tell the difference from the real thing. Probably made in the same Chinese factory as the knock off too. The nexus 4 bumper actually looks decent, though!

I'm glad I'm going for 8gb. Gives me a better chance.
Same here.

Divvy

20 dollar bumper is pretty much a ripoff, just wait for third party ones, or just tape a twizzler around your phone.

Do bumpers even work, protection wise? I drop my phone all the time, but I previously had a plastic Samsung Galaxy so it was no big deal.

Some guy streamed hands-on with the Nexus 4 and 10, might be worth watching for those killing time until they can order the 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LLyH85s9djo#t=183s

These are the Droid-Life guys. I only watched a little bit of it, but... They mentioned that lock screen widgets don't work yet on the Nexus 4, and they will be coming in an update tomorrow (final 4.2).

I guess all the reviews really were on unfinished, unoptimized software.

tigerin

How is Striaght Talk regarding their coverage and service??...

Because I've been torn between that and T-Mobiles $30 plan. The only downside to that $30 plan is the 100mins. Which I will surely pass since me and my gf now live in different states.

straight talk supports both at&t and t-mobile's radio bands. so you can basically use their phones without being unlocked first.

hitsugi

so the limited quantity plus unsure of release timing = people waiting around midnight, followed by the entire following morning =\

Divvy

I am stunned that.. it could be either midnight or 8 am pst... or.. apparently noon

Can figure out how to create an automatic driving car without accidents.

Can't figure out how to launch and ship product to consumers.

hitsugi

Can figure out how to create an automatic driving car without accidents.

Can't figure out how to launch and ship product to consumers.

Plus Australia selling out of 16 gig versions within the first hour.. If Google really felt prepared for this, we'd have some type of time frame. Hell, we may even have gotten pre-orders.

asdad123

So is the battery on this any good? I currently have a iPhone 5, but would like to get back into android (My GNexus has terribleeee battery life)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, I don't think I can possibly skip this at $300. Worth it just to play with and experience Google Now, IMO.

HSPA+, that's the same thing Iphone 4s had, correct? If so, should work pretty fast with Rogers in Canada.

Cipherr

Markup on official Nexus accessories has been insane for a while now. I remember not liking the price of the GNex docks. Seemed extremely overpriced for what you got. I went to Amazon to get a third party one.

$20 bumpers sounds like they are continuing that trend.

Top Bottom