• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Yeah, I don't think I can possibly skip this at $300. Worth it just to play with and experience Google Now, IMO.

HSPA+, that's the same thing Iphone 4s had, correct? If so, should work pretty fast with Rogers in Canada.
the 4S only had 14.4 max speed I believe. This should have 20 something for Rogers and 42 max for Bell/Telus.

Having to stay up for this has made me consider going to the CoD launch at a nearby Future Shop. I'm going to look like garbage at work tomorrow, regardless, so why not pick it up.

Damn you, Google.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I just realized that the wireless charger won't be available at launch. I better not have to order that again and get charged for shipping again

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
As people said earlier the Australian Play store only has the 8 GB version of the Nexus 4 available now. If I was going to pick it up, I would have to go with the 16 GB version.

def sim

This isn't going to sell out is it? I'm thinking of buying a back up phone, but won't be pulling the trigger until this Friday.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
the 4S only had 14.4 max speed I believe. This should have 20 something for Rogers and 42 max for Bell/Telus.
I see. What speed is 3G on Rogers (that's what I have with Iphone 4 right now)?

Might as well switch to Telus while I'm at it as I'm not on contract anymore.

Also, does this phone have Google Wallet with NFC payment?

I see. What speed is 3G on Rogers (that's what I have with Iphone 4 right now)?

Might as well switch to Telus while I'm at it as I'm not on contract anymore.

Also, does this phone have Google Wallet with NFC payment?
3G is some slow shiteee. Telus/Bell HSPA+ will be a tonn times better in comparison. 3G is 7.2 theoretical? That's about 1-3 give or take real world speeds. 42 in real world speed is 10-15+ real world, give or take, potential for higher during non-peak times.

tigerin

This isn't going to sell out is it? I'm thinking of buying a back up phone, but won't be pulling the trigger until this Friday.

pretty sure it will.

if this wasn't holiday season then there 's a chance it will be a available. But the cheap price and holiday season are a combination for disaster.

whitehawk

Banned
We can use Google wallet to buy the phone right? Might be a stupid question lol.

edit: wait I'm not even sure if I can use a debit card with google wallet anyway.

giga

Most of you guys are going 16 right? 8 seems almost useless after considering its formatted capacity + size of OS (~6gb free space). You can barely fit any music, apps, and photos/videos from the camera with that.

Most of you guys are going 16 right? 8 seems almost useless after considering its formatted capacity + size of OS (~6gb free space). You can barely fit any music, apps, and photos/videos from the camera with that.

I'm still undecided. I barely use any space on my phone. All my music is on Google Music and most files I keep in dropbox or google drive. I dunno.

hitsugi

16 for sure... it's just enough for me. Anything more wouldn't be utilized much, and anything less isn't enough.

8 for me, but yeah most people are probably 16. If you plan to use this phone or a while and don't use other devices (like ipod) or a lot of cloud services then 16 is the safe pick.

I'll use it less than a year at most and am fine with cloud/ipod.

GatorBait

I'm going for 16, but in all honesty, with the way I've utilized space on my GNexus, I could probably get away with 8 if I wanted to risk it.

Hieberrr

I'm gong 8. I only have about 1.2 GB of music. I do all of my video watching through Veetle and Youtube, so no local storage is ever used. I don't play games on my phone either. I use it for calls, emails, messaging, browsing, music, and some other smaller stuff. 8 is good enough for me :D

No rush here for a new phone, especially when it's a Nexus or iPhone. Waiting for 32GB and early adopter short- and long-term impressions.

whitehawk

Banned
Yeah 16. I'll likely be using Google Music/Netflix/etc most of the time, but I'd like to keep a decent amount of music and video offline for when I'm in the subway. 16gb is just enough for that.

giga

8GB nexus 7 free space. Definitely wouldn't feel comfortable with that much little.

AwdXs5fCMAALJWX-png.jpg

vanty

We can use Google wallet to buy the phone right? Might be a stupid question lol.

edit: wait I'm not even sure if I can use a debit card with google wallet anyway.
The Play store already had one of my gmail accounts logged in, when I hit buy it opened up a thing to sign up for Google Wallet, I put in my Mastercard debit card, and it all went fine. I just checked my bank account and it's been charged it so that means it's already shipped or is at least about to be shipped.

whitehawk

Banned
The Play store already had one of my gmail accounts logged in, when I hit buy it opened up a thing to sign up for Google Wallet, I put in my Mastercard debit card, and it all went fine. I just checked my bank account and it's been charged it so that means it's already shipped or is at least about to be shipped.
I think it's because I'm Canadian, they aren't accepting my Scotiabank debit card.

Top Bottom