• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

What a clusterfuck! I had it in my basket but could not get to checkout. Tried numerous times and now it's gone.

Google have a long way to go in selling physical items.

Whelp that is a pretty shitty launch by Google. It seems all the UK stock of 16gbs are gone (how the hell is anyone's guess with the shitty way the UK store behaved). I aint going through this bullshit again so I will soldier on with my Galaxy S.

Chili

lol I just got an email receipt:

Thank you.
You've made a purchase on Google Play. You will not be charged until your order has shipped.

With all the pertinent details.

I don't believe you Google!

Chili

Ohh, it's listed in my Wallet account. Things are looking...interesting. I got nothing but errors and once managed to get to the actual checkout stage before being presented with another error.

Adamm

Cant believe 16gb one is gone already, considering i got the email notifying me 10 minutes ago.

Also its 8.50am in the UK...

But I just ordered the 8gb one, I use my Nexus 7 for most of my stuff these days anyway - im sure i can cope...

Maiar_m

It's not in my Wallet, and I didn't get any email :( But I've gotten to the transaction page and all, and if I click on "check my order" I get sent to a wallet transaction that doesn't appear in the list...yet?

Chili

It's not in my Wallet, and I didn't get any email :( But I've gotten to the transaction page and all, and if I click on "check my order" I get sent to a wallet transaction that doesn't appear in the list...yet?

My order apparently completed at 08:18 according to Wallet and I didn't get an email until twenty minutes later and it wasn't in my Wallet page until then. Keep hope alive!

F#A#Oo

Banned

I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail but at the bottom of the Google Play Store if you click on "My orders & and Settings" it comes up there...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like the order went through this time, I don't care about storage space, so 8GB was what I had planned to buy anyway.
No confirmation email though, so we'll see how this goes...
I can see the transaction on my wallet, so I guess it's ok.

twofold

Same here. It seems some folks on the overclockers.co.uk forum are having the same problem, too.

My transaction went through at 0827 -- maybe its taking them time to process it?

abunai

I only managed to get the wallet popup to select my address/card once (out of about 30 attempts), so I'm not holding my breath about any order showing up. Ridiculous launch.

Maiar_m

I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail but at the bottom of the Google Play Store if you click on "My orders & and Settings" it comes up there...

Yep! Lol @ that shipping estimate by the way. in two days' time. Won't get it before next week.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Yep! Lol @ that shipping estimate by the way. in two days' time. Won't get it before next week.

I emailed Google and they responded quickly...it's shipping on the 15th in the evening and they'll give a tracking number...I'm hoping it comes Saturday.

At the moment I am thinking of switching to a win8 phone. They shouldn't be too hard to buy no one seems to want one :p . Seriously disappointed in Google with this shit, it is pretty obvious now they grossly underestimated the demand for the Nexus 4 and the UK play store was a travesty.

Sen²

Just received a confirmation E-Mail even though the website claimed the order didn't go through. I'm so excited!!

It's supposed to be shipped at thursday.

Maiar_m

I emailed Google and they responded quickly...it's shipping on the 15th in the evening and they'll give a tracking number...I'm hoping it comes Saturday.

That'll depend on where you live and the celerity of your post office. I live in the middle of nowhere and my mailman once tried to kill my family (I exaggerate slightly).

ShdwDrake

Banned
Question guys. Friday I'm buying the nexus 4 but I've been looking at the 7 as well to replace my old (and not working properly) gen 2 kindle.

I'm going with the t-mobile $30 plan with the 5GB of data now if i get the hspa+ n7 if i need to use data on it can i just take the sim card out of the phone and put it in the tablet?

I thought my order didn't go through but I just got my email confirmation. Is it correct when my order is still pending in the wallet overview?

Top Bottom