• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Maiar_m

Tracking number places my phone in France already. Near Paris. If the transporter works night shifts, I could get it as early as tomorrow.

GJS

A handful of UK orders just shipped over at XDA, a selection of different times between 8:19 to 8:30 am. Why is it so hard for Google to ship them out in sequential order so that no one is missed or unnecessarily delayed.

kingmozo9

Banned
I'm going to break this fucking $3 flipphone that I'm using because I sold my iPhone into millions of pieces if I'm stuck with it all weekend. god dammit google

this is how i feel.... GALAXY S3 will be mine soon... then when the nexus is fully replenished ill do what i did now , only when its more stable (hopefully)

#FirstWorldProblems

Bear

Has anyone ordered this from Canada? I live in Ontario and I'm wondering how much shipping would cost and if they charge sales tax.

hitsugi

what are the reasons you're switching from iphone 5 to nexus 4?

I stated it a few pages back.. I've been using iPhones since 3g, and since then I've just become bored with iOS and I'm not big on the iTunes integration, either. I've always been curious about Android, and this seems like the right time / right phone to switch.

I should add that I think the iPhone 5 is a great piece of hardware and I have no qualms with the phone itself. Aside from the fact that its beyond fragile if you own the black model.

I stated it a few pages back.. I've been using iPhones since 3g, and since then I've just become bored with iOS and I'm not big on the iTunes integration, either. I've always been curious about Android, and this seems like the right time / right phone to switch.

Exactly the same reasons as me

zoku88

I really don't understand the whole "T-mo is selling the Nexus 4 for $500" thing. Are they banking on the fact that people don't know that the Play Store exists, and thus can easily goad them into a contract for the $200 price by making the off-contract price really expensive?

EDIT: Or maybe this is what Google was intending! Selling it at a reduced price of $350 on the Play Store in limited quantities to get people excited and release it in more quantity to T-mo to sell at a higher price. Perfectly evil, mwahaha

twofold

Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package TNT #xxx. Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.

Awesome!

16gb Nexus 4 in the UK.

Hope it comes tomorrow. :D

twofold

What time did you order and when did you receive this mail?

According to Google Wallet, I ordered at '13 November 2012 08:27:21 UTC'.

I got the mail about 30s before I posted.

Err, this is weird..

ic0NT.png

The status changed to delivered?!

Chili

According to Google Wallet, I ordered at '13 November 2012 08:27:21 UTC'.

I got the mail about 30s before I posted.

Err, this is weird..

ic0NT.png

Thanks. Hope you get it tomorrow. I ordered mine at 08:18 and nothing yet :( I don't mind - as long as it comes by the weekend else I'll be phoneless.

twofold

Thanks. Hope you get it tomorrow. I ordered mine at 08:18 and nothing yet :( I don't mind - as long as it comes by the weekend else I'll be phoneless.

Well, they're obviously still working right now mate, so cross your fingers and hope for the best! Hopefully they'll get everyone's orders out tonight for delivery tomorrow.

Marco1

Order Date: 13 November 2012 08:23:16 UTC
And still pending.
I hate new product launches, I really do. It's like the new free hype meter.
Hopefully someone will bring out a launch that meets customer demand and runs smoothly and it becomes the new headline, "This is how it should be done!" and everyone follows suit.

twofold

Order Date: 13 November 2012 08:23:16 UTC
And still pending.
I hate new product launches, I really do. It's like the new free hype meter.
Hopefully someone will bring out a launch that meets customer demand and runs smoothly and it becomes the new headline, "This is how it should be done!" and everyone follows suit.

I think Apple does that already. Shifting 5 million units of the iPhone 5 in its first 3 days on sale was insanely impressive. I wish Google would follow their lead.

Marco1

I think Apple does that already. Shifting 5 million units of the iPhone 5 in its first 3 days on sale was insanely impressive. I wish Google would follow their lead.

I found my ip5 launch just as frustrating.
I went through 4 that had dead pixels, scuffs and serious light-bleed. They also decided to empty my bank account and overdraft after charging me for six phones when I only wanted one. I then decided to go into the store and he said there were none to sell even though there were a queue of 7 people who were there for contracted phone only.

Mrg8523-

I'm already on T-Mobile and had an upgrade available so I decided to stop by a store on the way back from work to see if they had any still left. Unfortunately they said they hadn't received any and didn't know when they were going to receive a shipment of them but it probably wouldn't be for a few weeks. Called 3 more stores when I got home and they all said the same thing except the last guy who said no stores in the area where going to be getting them.

Then I tried to order one online. I had to log into their mytmobile account management and upgrade my phone through there instead of just being able to purchase it through their online store. Went through that process of trying to upgrade my phone and I kept getting errors telling me to try again later.

Finally I decided to call the number they had listed if I needed help ordering a phone. After talking to the rep for 15 minutes I finally had my phone ordered. As she's getting toward the end of her script that she has to read, she tells me that the phone is back ordered and they have no idea when they're going to be receiving more. Decided to just order it anyway and hope that they'll get more soon.

To make things even worse, I just found out that my Nexus S won't be receiving 4.2.

Emily Chu

Banned
This phone is the true successor to the N1. Smashing specs, good build quality. The NS was a rebranded Galaxy S released months later and the GN was a carrier Trojan horse, with different versions floating around everywhere.

Ecrans-noirs1-630x626.png

Ecrans-blancs-630x626.png

I wish I still had an amoled. Look at that GN black screen. Beautiful.

damn I might get a Gnote 2 and get rid of both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

and just have a full fledge lappy and a phablet.

hitsugi

WTH, I checked at 9AM and it was saying "Coming Soon" :-/

That site was messed up, man...

Yeah I refreshed right after 8:30 and "add to cart" came up. I did a double take, then jumped at the order and posted "gogogo" here right after.

Just a heads up, the T-Mobile store in NYC on Broadway near Astor Place doesn't have the phone in stock, but they do have a demo unit on the floor. The thing looks and feels fantastic. It's still a tad big for me, but I think I'm sold. Going to try to get one for Christmas or pick one up after the new year.

kms_md

WTH, I checked at 9AM and it was saying "Coming Soon" :-/

That site was messed up, man...

I had an automated page checker alert me at the same time the info was posted here (~830 PST). I was just happened to be sitting at my computer looking through the GAF thread when it became available.

maharg

idspispopd
I think google basically designs everything (that is inherently or they decide should be) resource constrained to dole out at random. Like how updates to phone OS software get rolled out at a slow random rate.

Top Bottom