• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Chili

It's not so much the price for shipping, it's the frustration and lack of communication through the whole process. Some folks received their orders yesterday, and now Google are telling people next week is a likely bet to others.

£10 for shipping seems fair to me, considering how cheap the product is. But that is the shipping cost - the actual dispatch process falls far short of expectations.

Totakeke

Just shows you that bringing a phone into market is more than just the BoM cost.

Google has never been known for their great customer support anyway.

Chairhome

Mine still says "You placed an order with Google Inc." and "Google Inc. received your order"... that's it. I ordered mine in the evening so I'm not that mad, but I'll probably end up calling if nothing changes tomorrow.

Maiar_m

Well my experience with the ordering and shipping hasn't been as abysmal as I could have thought. I mean, I did struggle to order in the first place, but after that all's been fine. I got my shipping email last evening, the tracking number started working two hours after, and I was delivered the phone about roughly 48 hours after my order went through.

So yeah sure, one success doesn't mean they're company of the year, and the server issues were scandalous. But the actual shipping of the phone? Not going to complain.

edt: Also, I find the screen slightly yellowish. It's not appalling, but it's not "oh god my eyes is this the sun?" good at all.

£10 for shipping seems fair to me, considering how cheap the product is. But that is the shipping cost - the actual dispatch process falls far short of expectations.

I divide the shipping costs from the product price. Yes, the price of the Nexus 4 is a steal. But for domestic shipping I expect a fast delivery for €10. So I would liked it more if they would have sold the Nexus for €360 and waived the shipping costs. I know it's the same but still... :D

Enough with this.....NEXUS 4 NOW!

mackattk

Well my experience with the ordering and shipping hasn't been as abysmal as I could have thought. I mean, I did struggle to order in the first place, but after that all's been fine. I got my shipping email last evening, the tracking number started working two hours after, and I was delivered the phone about roughly 48 hours after my order went through.

So yeah sure, one success doesn't mean they're company of the year, and the server issues were scandalous. But the actual shipping of the phone? Not going to complain.

I know, I really wish that they partnered with Amazon for the online distribution. Amazon was the only online retailer who didn't fuck up ordering or website end up crashing. Once the product was allocated, thats it, no more orders, no overselling.

51byC.png

God DAMN IT

I just used the phone in the o2 store..GOD DAMN! I LOVE IT!

It crashed completely and had to reboot when I tried to use the camera app though- was kinda worrying!

i dunno what's wrong with peeps nowadays, always taking shit from these corporations, i expect them to pay me £5 and deliver it the same day i ordered.

Nope, I'd happily pay £10 for delivery if they did it in next day/1-2 days..anything over that should be cheaper or free

I pay £50 a year for Amazon Prime, so I will pay for good service when I need to

twofold

The delivery itself was fine. I got my shipping notice around 11pm last night and it was delivered around 9 this morning. The problem is Google's dispatch times and lack of communication in regards to when the products are being shipped.

Quite bizarre that a multi-billion dollar company can't do any basic online retailing function right.

well, hardware is involved.

Google(tm)

Will the Nexus 4 work on Sprints network?

no

Nope, I'd happily pay £10 for delivery if they did it in next day/1-2 days..anything over that should be cheaper or free

I pay £50 a year for Amazon Prime, so I will pay for good service when I need to

i'm sure you can get a Galaxy Note II with free shipping

Marco1

Why am I more excited for this product than I was for my iphone 5? Picking something from LG over Jony Ives handiwork!
Still on pending and my bank says the money is sitting waiting but they don't seem to want it.

hitsugi

Why am I more excited for this product than I was for my iphone 5? Picking something from LG over Jony Ives handiwork!
Still on pending and my bank says the money is sitting waiting but they don't seem to want it.

Despite some people in So Cal already having their orders shipped, mine still just has the shipping estimate of today. I would figure they're trying to get everything out through the day, and people will start receiving them early next week.

mackattk

Same, still says pending on my discover website too. Ugh

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I've been reading various N4 threads and it doesn't seem that anyone up here has had it ship yet. We're totally getting this Monday/Tuesday, aren't we? =(

Let's go down to yonge and dundas and kick google's doors in.

hitsugi

I've been reading various N4 threads and it doesn't seem that anyone up here has had it ship yet. We're totally getting this Monday/Tuesday, aren't we? =(

It is almost definitely Monday / Tuesday in our hands. Even if they ship out today, I'm pretty sure UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays unless you pay a fortune.. so 2 business days takes us to Monday.

Zeppu

I've somehow always felt that Google aims the Nexii towards Europe rather than the US, probably because we don't have such a clusterfuck of carrier restrictions and baggage.

I really wish they would tell the consumers already when the next shipment is available ... digging through the net gives a huge range of possible dates ... tomorrow, within 2 weeks, mid-december, early january ...

TehOh

I keep checking my e-mail, hoping to see a shipping notification. Come on, Google! I placed my order about 10 minutes after the thing went live.

Guiz

Yeah, Google EU seems to know how to handle retail a bit better than across the pond. I'm guessing Monday/Tuesday for us since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday :(

I guess it doesn't apply to my order.
It's still marked as complete, I have absolutely no shipping estimation on the play store.
I also checked my bank account this afternoon, no charge from Google so no surprise shipping.

I've somehow always felt that Google aims the Nexii towards Europe rather than the US, probably because we don't have such a clusterfuck of carrier restrictions and baggage.

Eh, this was probably due to the lack of interest initially, but Google was really good with the Nexus One. I posted earlier, but their ordering process was seamless and they even did free overnight shipping at the time.

At least, not for me...
My order is still marked as complete, I have absolutely no shipping estimation on the play store.
I also checked my bank account this afternoon, no charge from Google so no surprise shipping I guess.

That is weird. My order was charged right away. I didn't even know mine went through till I called my bank. My page was just frozen and I never get sent a confirmation email or anything till like an hour later.

Top Bottom