• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Hieberrr

People are already getting shipping confirmations?! I was one of the first ones to order and I still no get nossing! NOSSSSSINGGGGGG!!

People are already getting shipping confirmations?! I was one of the first ones to order and I still no get nossing! NOSSSSSINGGGGGG!!

I was going to say it is more than likely mostly people from Europe... then I saw your avatar.

I'm just hoping Google is basically saying screw it with the updates via Play Store for now and is just starting to ship these things out ASAP.

Hieberrr

I was going to say it is more than likely mostly people from Europe... then I saw your avatar.

I'm just hoping Google is basically saying screw it with the updates via Play Store for now and is just starting to ship these things out ASAP.

I'm in Canada though :p
Ninja Edit: I really should change my avatar.

def sim

I'm all set for the purchase earlier than I expected and now I'm sitting here burning a hole in my pocket. I wish they would restock sooner or just let me pre-order already.

Blablurn

Sen²;44360438 said:
And hopefully they won't start shipping in the evening like the representatives keep claiming :/.

really? -____-

Wonder how long it will take from Dublin to Germany. Would be awesome if i get it by Saturday... :(

Sen²

really? -____-

Wonder how long it will take from Dublin to Germany. Would be awesome if i get it by Saturday... :(

That's what I'm hoping as well but if what the representatives keep telling is true, I don't see it happening :/.

Google Germany said:
hr Paket wird innerhalb von 3-5 Werktagen nach Ihrer Bestellung zugestellt.

Meinen Unterlagen zufolge wird Ihre Bestellung voraussichtlich am Abend des 15-11-2012 versandt.

Die E-Mail-Versandbestätigung enthält eine Paketverfolgungsnummer bei DHL, mit der Sie den voraussichtlichen Liefertermin Ihres Pakets ermitteln können. Geben Sie diese Paketverfolgungsnummer auf der Seite https://www.dhl.de/en.html ein.

Es kann einen Werktag dauern, bis die DHL-Paketverfolgung Informationen zu Ihrer Verfolgungsnummer bieten kann.

Blablurn

Sen²;44360715 said:
That's what I'm hoping as well but if what the representatives keep telling is true, I don't see it happening :/.

thanks for the comment, bro! ah well, i guess i can take a lil more of waiting. not like i can speed up the shipping anyway :D

Kinda glad it didn't ship before the 15th because now I won't have to pay for it on my credit card bill until the first week of January. Misses this months cycle. :D

My bill is already big enough this month with school costs.

Edit: come to think of it, that January bill will be even more painful with the nexus and all the holiday gifts I have to buy soon on it. ~_~

Blablurn

Kinda glad it didn't ship before the 15th because now I won't have to pay for it on my credit card bill until the first week of January. Misses this months cycle. :D

My bill is already big enough this month with school costs.

Edit: come to think of it, that January bill will be even more painful with the nexus and all the holiday gifts I have to buy soon on it. ~_~

the economy will thank you! :D

Emily Chu

Banned
ahem inb4 I get kicked out of the thread and burned at the stake

anyone sitting pretty with there 4.2 Galaxy Nexus ?

CcV5v.gif

Blablurn

okaaaay, guess this is the final confirmation. checked my credit card account today and i can see the 359€ google wants from me. awww yeah. you will get them, you bastards, you will get them!

Funny reading about problems here.

If you didn't know what ordering direct from Google direct is like, now you know. If you knew how they handled the Nexus 7 and other stuff why would you willing let yourself get burned again?

I'll wait until the phones are plentiful and shipping in a day or two before I make a decision on whether or not to order...

Blablurn

Funny reading about problems here.

If you didn't know what ordering direct from Google direct is like, now you know. If you knew how they handled the Nexus 7 and other stuff why would you willing let yourself get burned again?

I'll wait until the phones are plentiful and shipping in a day or two before I make a decision on whether or not to order...

but its nice to want things first

Maiar_m

First impressions: the box it came in was way too big for what it was, but it's alright.

The phone is fast, the screen is beautiful, that back cover picks up lint like a cheap duster, the phone is very light and thin, feels solid, photosphere isn't that easy to use (stay very fucking still), android is very very nice, and that's it for now I need to work.

First impressions: the box it came in was way too big for what it was, but it's alright.

The phone is fast, the screen is beautiful, that back cover picks up lint like a cheap duster, the phone is very light and thin, feels solid, photosphere isn't that easy to use (stay very fucking still), android is very very nice, and that's it for now I need to work.

ok...

squicken

I'm in the US. Just got an email that it shipped. Got a tracking number but nothing in UPS' system. Hope this means it will get here Friday

wario

just got another email with ups tracking number. should be here in a couple days.

in california, ordered at 9:02am pst on 11/13

twofold

I'm really liking it a lot. It doesn't feel as high class as the iPhone 5 in the hand, but it still feels really good and solid. Definitely better than the high end Samsung's phones.

The screen is gorgeous. Everything looks really good on it.

Android feels really nice, too. It does *still* occasionally hitch very slightly from time to time (note: I've noticed this on every Android phone I've used), but I doubt the majority of people will ever pick up on it it. The lack of bounceback is pretty noticeable, though; quite surprised how big a difference that little flourish makes.

Anyway.. Gonna go install some apps and play around with it a bit more. So far, I'm very impressed.

vanty

Tracking finally updated for me. FedEx only got the package today, 2 days after receiving the shipping information and after the cutoff time of course so delayed an extra day. At least it's on a plane from HK tomorrow. Scheduled to arrive Monday, though that probably means Tuesday because a 6pm delivery is hours later than couriers finish work.

Top Bottom