• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

KarmaCow

If they're shipping phones that have been already ordered 3 weeks from now, the chances of them restocking any time soon is pretty much zero right? :/

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finally UPS updated tracking.

It's here as of 1:25PM
Louisville, KY, United States, Thursday, 11/15/2012

I'm in NYC. Not sure if I will get it tomorrow or what.

Yeah, I'm in NYC as well. No updates since this morning. It would be fantastic if it came tomorrow, but not holding my breathe.

I thought UPS 2nd Day Air delivers on Saturday? Anyone know?

shit, just got an email from google. my nexus 4 will be shipped in the next three weeks :(
Wow. That's some bullshit.

Blablurn don't cancel yet! Don't you have a flip phone to use for a few more days just to see if they get their act together over the weekend into early next week?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Got the 3 weeks delay email too, for France. They remove the shipping cost as a compensation, but it still sucks :/
Order date: November 13, 2012 12:54:47 AM UTC-8

yep, i was just surprised cause i was actually one who ordered them quite early. guess im gonna cancel the order. right now i dont have a phone, and i dont wanna wait till its available.

I guess this is the email you got. Others at xda getting the same thing
yeK7y.png

Blablurn

Wow. That's some bullshit.

Blablurn don't cancel yet! Don't you have a flip phone to use for a few more days just to see if they get their act together over the weekend into early next week?

since i only have a micro sim its difficult to get a flip phone for that short amount of time :/

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Got the 3 weeks delay email too, for France. They remove the shipping cost as a compensation, but it still sucks :/
F SAKE!! Was your card charged already? My order is showing as pending but my bank account has been charged already for the phone & bumper.

hitsugi

We've known that whatever orders didn't go out until today wouldn't arrive until Mon-Tues.. It sucks, but at this point I'm just hoping I don't get one of those delayed emails. Kind of a bummer going from all this hype to delays to may not even get the phone this month

Blimblim

The Inside Track
F SAKE!! Was your card charged already? My order is showing as pending but my bank account has been charged already for the phone & bumper.

It doesn't look like I've been charged yet, but my bank has a 24 hours delay between the actual charge and it being visible on their web site, so it might have been...

Sen²

shit, just got an email from google. my nexus 4 will be shipped in the next three weeks :(

Same here. Fucking Google.

EDIT: I ordered 1 phone.

Wow, that sucks big time. I feel for you, guys :/.

since i only have a micro sim its difficult to get a flip phone for that short amount of time :/

Well, if that is the only problem, there are adapters for that I believe (so you can use your Micro Sim as a regular Sim). Someone posted one a couple of pages ago. It was only like 1-2$.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

I hope everyone is happy with their free shipping now :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was reading a Macrumors thread about those waiting for their iPhone 5 deliveries and many of them had success signing up for UPS My Choice and having it held at their local facility (not UPS Store. That requires an extra day for drop off) the day it arrives (hopefully tomorrow/Saturday) for pick-up.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1443563&page=5

I just chatted with a USP rep, and no dice. He said that option isn't available before the first delivery attempt, or while the package is in transition.

Yep. His upgrade was due back in August but I'm waiting for a decent phone. I was lucky this one came out.

ask yourself this question: is saving $150 worth burning the upgrade?

the value of the upgrade can be more than that price depending on if you want a phone next year and what that phone is... or you could even get an expensive device with the upgrade and sell it for more than the entire cost of the Nexus 4, etc... how much are T-Mobile GS3s and Note2s going for on ebay?

Chili

So many elements of a cock up from Google I don't even know where to begin. I thought the whole point of not having a preorder was so that they don't oversell the number of devices they actually have. And they should have figured that out on Tuesday. "Oh, we have 2,000 orders but 1,500 phones. We should let the people know they won't be receiving their phones for a while." And, logic would dictate, that it would be the last 500 people who ordered. It seems they just started sending out orders randomly until they ran out and sent that email to everyone else. Ridiculous.

Marco1

I have not received my 3 week notice yet but I now know it's coming.
I sold my galaxyS3 once I got my pre-order accepted in the knowledge that it would arrive this week.
How do these huge companies fuck up on things such as this, they should have this nailed down perfectly.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I really wonder if the Nexus 4 actually a much bigger success than anticipated, or if it's just Google wanting to put it on sell as soon as possible even though they had very little stock.
And if it's the second choice, why would they do that...

keep the order or not. the pressure. otherwise i would buy the xperia s now :/
Why not just keep the nexus order, buy the Xperia from a local store today and then when you get the nexus you can return the Xperia? If the nexus is the phone you want then don't settle for another phone because of a 3 week wait. (as unfortunate as it is)

I really wonder if the Nexus 4 actually a much bigger success than anticipated, or if it's just Google wanting to put it on sell as soon as possible even though they had very little stock.
And if it's the second choice, why would they do that...

I don't think it mattered. Look at the Nexus 7 launch, good amount of devices but still fucked up the dispatch

I think what we are seeing here is a company who hasn't mastered the communication and logistics of selling hardware

Top Bottom