• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

twofold

Have you called Google? They told me my order had been processed and sent to TNT. I haven't received this dreaded email yet but would not be surprised if I do. I haven't received any other information though, and the order is still 'pending'. So I'm still in limbo as well.

Yeah, about that..

I called after getting the email and played dumb.

He said that TNT have all the orders but are really backlogged and will be sending shipping notifications as soon as its ready, hopefully within 24 hours.

i then gave the wording of the email i just received. he was silent for a second and then said, ok, i knew that was the case but DID NOT know that email was going out tonight, errrrrr, do you want to cancel?

i hung up

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34178099&postcount=1960

You should probably call up Google again.

def sim

Buying a Nexus phone is hard. First, Handtec bungles up my GNex order last year, making me cancel, and now Google has nothing for me. I just want another android device that isn't a Nook Color. :/

mnannola

I got a backordered email. Austin, TX, ordered the 16GB at about 12 PM CST on 11/13. Why the hell did Google sell a ton of phones they didn't have? Can they hire someone that is worth a damn in their online ordering department?

TehOh

No backorder e-mail yet, so I'm still hoping it ships. Google Play still has mine listed as "expected to ship" today, and Google Wallet just says "pending."

So I called Google and they were like everything it processing fine and that should be don't tonight. Then I'll get a tracking number by tomorrow at the latest.

This well after I got the backorder email. So.... yeah. Basically have no clue what's going on.

Edit: I did just get the latest 4.2 update pushed, though. That's nice.

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 10:07:25 AM PST
Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012

Expecting back order email, but haven't received yet. One 8GB nexus if it matters

Rouh

GETTIN MAH JUNIOR ON
I received an email and...it shipped :) I ordered at around 9:40 continental Europe time. So still hope for those who are waiting

Got the email too.

Wonderful.
:|

Didn't get any email yet. You did order about 30 mins to an hour after me though I believe? It took me about 10 minutes after it went live to have mine go through. I'm calling google now and seeing what's up.

Wait do they even have a toll free number?

Did your shipping charge get credited too?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
:|

Didn't get any email yet. You did order about 30 mins to an hour after me though I believe? It took me about 10 minutes after it went live to have mine go through. I'm calling google now and seeing what's up.

Wait do they even have a toll free number?

Did your shipping charge get credited too?

Yup I ordered later

Dunno what number you'd call though, but yeah they cancelled my shipping charge.

EDIT: I should say my estimates shipping date remains unchanged at the 15th.

GJS

I got the shipped email for a UK 16GB 25 minutes ago, never received the back order email.

Order status in play store stayed as complete throughout and is still listed as complete now. Wallet has updated from pending to completed as expected.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
and people were complaining that Google wasn't doing preorders!

And free shipping! Thanks to everyone out there who cried about preorders and paying for shipping. Now we've got those bases covered. I hope you're all happy.

if i get a backorder email i might reconsider my switch to android and go buy an iPhone 5. fuck you google
You won't get the iPhone 5!

You won't.

I can't go 3 weeks with THIS phone

UMF8H.gif

;_;

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
They said the shipping will credit? Does that means I'll save 13 dollars?
Yeah, I guess so.

Also, is says within three weeks, so they could ship it much sooner, even tomorrow (JimCarreySoYouSayTheresAChance.gif)

II can't fathom to think why they had a 10 device limit.. It should have been 2 at most. The only people who would buy 10 would be scalpers.
They had to have larger limit because of dev teams that have multiple people. Remember, Nexus line used to be primarily a dev phone until now, and ordering 10 phones for your whole team would not be unusual.

FREE SHIPPING EVERYONE! WE WON!!! SUCK IT GOOGLY!

tumblr_m36mlktSrL1ru7ftzo1_400.gif

Serious question though: are 1-855 numbers toll-free? I've only ever called 1-866 and 1-888. Knowing Google they charge $50 a minute to call them.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
if i get a backorder email i might reconsider my switch to android and go buy an iPhone 5. fuck you google
But what can you do, Iphone 5 is practically 2.5x more expensive when you get it unlocked. As I've said, I'm more than willing to forgive them all kinds of crap with how much cheaper this phone is compared to anything comparable.

Cipherr

Free shipping an actual backorder. I may be starting to believe that there really was great demand for the phone. I dont remember these issues with past Nexus launches. And they are eating the shipping costs too? Damn.

Chili

I got my shipped email for 16GB in the UK. Ordered at 8.18 GMT. Still won't believe it until I have it in my hands. TNT tracking doesn't work yet.

Top Bottom