• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Goldrush

Out of curiosity, did you guys opt to pair the phone with your accounts at checkout? I thought it would be an extra step before shipping, so I skipped it.

I can confirm that opting out pretty much stall the process, putting you in an endless loading. Lost out on ordering mine a few hours earlier because I keep on clicking that.

The one I eventually ordered got backordered, though. Shame because I was hoping to try out photosphere during my trip to Japan at the end of the month.

I swear, everyone should have to work a call center job or something similar at one point -- I can only imagine the calls they're getting right now.

Hell, the only reason I'm not losing my shit with them is because I've done it, and they have 0 control over the clusterfuck that is Google's e-commerce. That said, if I was Rawbh... fury like no other.

Still, having to hang on to this stupid ass Blackberry and not getting a real phone in time for a concert this Saturday = ChristianBaleHarshTimes.gif

Seriously, if they just told me what the ACTUAL fuqq was going on, I'd be less angry. Pending with backordered email, but backordered email went to some who are getting their shipments. Please l2p google.

cheesetom

Ordered 8:33 PST and UPS says its going to be here tomorrow. This is my first time ordering through google and it was pretty smooth. :3

Edit: NYC

I swear, everyone should have to work a call center job or something similar at one point -- I can only imagine the calls they're getting right now.

Hell, the only reason I'm not losing my shit with them is because I've done it, and they have 0 control over the clusterfuck that is Google's e-commerce. That said, if I was Rawbh... fury like no other.

Still, having to hang on to this stupid ass Blackberry and not getting a real phone in time for a concert this Saturday = ChristianBaleHarshTimes.gif

Seriously, if they just told me what the ACTUAL fuqq was going on, I'd be less angry. Pending with backordered email, but backordered email went to some who are getting their shipments. Please l2p google.
Doesn't have to necessarily be a call center. Most retail jobs will work too lol

CANADA UPDATE

Yup... I'm getting it next week.
Thanks for the update. and damnit!

Does it give you an estimated arrival?

I've received a package the next day that was in Kentucky the night before. The tracking system isn't exactly live and to the minute. UPS also seems to work 24 hours a day so if you see your package scanned in Ontario (usually in Concord aka Vaughan) by about 3-4 am then it should be on the local truck for delivery in the morning.

tigerin

what does it means if i've received the backorder email but on my google wallet order status, it still said "shipping estimate: November 16, 2012"?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oh shit my nexus is in NYC already! Maybe I will get it tomorrow. I'm not getting my hopes up though

I was updated to this:

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Friday, 11/16/2012, By End of Day

Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Monday, 11/19/2012, By End of Day

I'm hoping it comes after 3, because that is when I will be home. The UPS guy last time just left my nexus 7 in the doorway downstairs like a jackass. Couldn't even bother to go up and check if I was even home.

Hieberrr

Thanks for the update. and damnit!

Does it give you an estimated arrival?

I've received a package the next day that was in Kentucky the night before. The tracking system isn't exactly live and to the minute. UPS also seems to work 24 hours a day so if you see your package scanned in Ontario (usually in Concord aka Vaughan) by about 3-4 am then it should be on the local truck for delivery in the morning.

Tuesday, 11/20/2012, By End of Day

HOLY FUCK, 20th?!

Sen²

DHL sure is fast. At ~9:15pm my device was processed at a shipping center 200km away from me. At ~2am it was processed at a shipping center 23km away from here.

Im excited :).

Ilw1r.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I dreamt the phone arrived. Alas.

Emily Chu

Banned
At times like this

I wish I could replace my galaxy nexus with my nexus 7

And use it as a full fledge phone with 4g and all the trimmings

Wouldn't mind a 1080p 7" phone if it was bezel less

Tuesday, 11/20/2012, By End of Day

HOLY FUCK, 20th?!
Hah. And I said earlier in here that mid next week was looking likely for most of us. If yours has shipped and is expected by Tuesday, then those of us who haven't shipped are looking like late next week now. Mother fucking Google.

aznpxdd

Funny seeing all these people bitching about the shipping.

Majority of us got fucked at the check out. I wished I was slowly waiting on the Nexus 4...

A bit of help UK gaf please.

I'm thinking of getting a 4 off contract but what is the cheapest pay monthly sim with either unlimited data or a very high amount. I only need a minimum amount of minutes and texts. Thanks.

DXPett1

Funny seeing all these people bitching about the shipping.

Majority of us got fucked at the check out. I wished I was slowly waiting on the Nexus 4...

No, the majority of us got fucked over by stock levels. 1/2 hr at a unlisted time to buy a heavily promoted and cheap phone. Cheers Google

twofold

I can't believe they can charge that little! Can someone tell me why I was paying £35 a month for my iPhone 4 with 500gb and 300 texts and minutes!?

Because most people don't know any better.

I think Three's offerings are better than GiffGaffs, tbh. Mine costs £12.60 a month or so and gives me around 250 minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data. I did a speed test with my N4 yesterday and got 18mbps down -- that's 4x quicker than my home broadband. :|

Insane.

cevansdust

Neo Member
For those that did receive their Nexus 4, (the very few), hows the battery life? Any updated reviews hitting the web since the software update?

kharma45

Because most people don't know any better.

I think Three's offerings are better than GiffGaffs, tbh. Mine costs £12.60 a month or so and gives me around 250 minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data. I did a speed test with my N4 yesterday and got 18mbps down -- that's 4x quicker than my home broadband. :|

Insane.

Who needs 4G? :p

I can't believe they can charge that little! Can someone tell me why I was paying £35 a month for my iPhone 4 with 500gb and 300 texts and minutes!?

Also if you get someone from Giffgaff to refer you (like me) there is £5 free credit when you activate your SIM.

Top Bottom