• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

optimiss

I haven't received a back-order email yet, but if I do the fact that I will be out drinking with my office mates in a few mins will lessen the blow. Fingers crossed for a shipping confirmation!

hitsugi

Who are the people saying this stuff? Are these official Google people or just random people speculating?

Quotes from CSRs. However, almost no two posted answers have been identical. It varies from check back tomorrow to "if you don't have tracking by the 17th it's back ordered" to what I posted last.

I just called because I was curious to see if phone support was as dumb as people said.

Lady says if you haven't received a backorder email then you should get a shipping confirmation by tonight no later than tomorrow morning. She said my order is "processing" although my google wallet says it is pending. She says processing and pending mean the same thing. (not according to the wallet page they don't lol)

I then ask her where the phone will be shipping from and she says "oh you know, from (5 second pause), yeah from there."

¬_¬

I ask from where. From China? From Canada? From Mountain View?

"Yeah, from wherever, you know, from wherever they make the phones."

She sounded so lost. She also said the phone support focus mainly in hardware problems so I don't think many of them have training with logistical things like this.

hitsugi

Like I said.. Waste of time calling D: at this point it's a coin toss. I'm still Pending, still November 15th shipping estimate, no back order email, charge is also still pending.

SimleuqiR

I just called because I was curious to see if phone support was as dumb as people said.

Lady says if you haven't received a backorder email then you should get a shipping confirmation by tonight no later than tomorrow morning. She said my order is "processing" although my google wallet says it is pending. She says processing and pending mean the same thing. (not according to the wallet page they don't lol)

I then ask her where the phone will be shipping from and she says "oh you know, from (5 second pause), yeah from there."

¬_¬

She sounded so lost. She also said the phone support focus mainly in hardware problems so I don't think many of them have training with logistical things like this.

From the fucking "nothing!"
You should have said to her, "Do I sound like Atreyu to you?"

The-Nothing.jpg

lol what a joke.

I ordered he second it went up. Got the email saying mine is back ordered. Google is such a joke lol. Within 3 weeks. Not only did they not get better they got worse from the nexus 7 launch.

Because I was easily one of the first to order it honestly just sounds like Canada got the shaft.

For real I might just cancel and wait for something else between now and the. Undecided.

tigerin

Yeah, I guess so.

Also, is says within three weeks, so they could ship it much sooner, even tomorrow (JimCarreySoYouSayTheresAChance.gif)

They had to have larger limit because of dev teams that have multiple people. Remember, Nexus line used to be primarily a dev phone until now, and ordering 10 phones for your whole team would not be unusual.

Nice! Now it only they would waived the taxes too.

Chili

I wouldn't cancel anything. Some folks have gotten shipping emails after receiving the backordered email. It sounds like it was a stock email sent to everyone who won't have it shipped it tonight. Three weeks is the worst-case scenario - you might end up getting it next week even. But yeah, if you've had enough of Google entirely then I don't blame you.

Just got an email from Google. Got scared. Was an automated email saying thanks for contacting google play and that they understand my (our) frustration. The order will be ship within two days of placing the order and arrive two days after that.

Wtf pyro I remember you getting in before any of us. This is so random.

I wouldn't cancel anything. Some folks have gotten shipping emails after receiving the backordered email. It sounds like it was a stock email sent to everyone who won't have it shipped it tonight. Three weeks is the worst-case scenario - you might end up getting it next week even. But yeah, if you've had enough of Google entirely then I don't blame you.
I'll wait to see what happens next week but if nothing then yeah. Rather support a company that knows what they're doing (re: any other company).

Oh shit my nexus is in NYC already! Maybe I will get it tomorrow. I'm not getting my hopes up though

Time Activity
Jamaica, NY, United States 11/15/2012 5:38 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/15/2012 3:36 P.M. Departure Scan
11/15/2012 1:25 P.M. Origin Scan

Is it true that the backorder emails don't have the order number attatched? Some over at xda think the emails were sent to a lot more people than they were intended to be sent to. I'd hold off a bit if you got back ordered and are thinking of canceling.

ravien56

Is it true that the backorder emails don't have the order number attatched? Some over at xda think the emails were sent to a lot more people than they were intended to be sent to. I'd hold off a bit if you got back ordered and are thinking of canceling.
Just checked my email. No order number attached. Don't give me hope:(

The backorder emails have a general link to the transaction and to the support page. It really is a mess and right now, I just think the best thing to do is wait it out and see what happens next.

I emailed google for the lulz to ask why I was backordered when people who ordered later have theirs shipping. I got an instant (automated?) response saying:

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of 15-11-2012.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

I don't even know what to say any more.

Health issues caused me to miss this launch, but it isn't terribly surprising. No preorders to gauge demand, Google doesn't have a proper retail component to juggle the customer service problems... Maybe next time they should partner with a prominent retailer who is more equipped to handle hardware sales.

ravien56

Nice. When your tracking number goes live can you tell us where it's shipping from? You may actually get it tomorrow if it ships from the GTA.
When I ordered the nexus 7 on launch day, I believe it shipped out from Toronto but it also took ups 2 days to ship it to me. I'm about a hour drive from Toronto.

Nif

Woot, my expected delivery just changed to Friday

I'm sure it'll arrive dead or cracked or get stolen =(

If anyone's wondering, it shipped from Louisville, KY, and I had it shipped to Louisiana. It left today.

Nif

Out of curiosity, did you guys opt to pair the phone with your accounts at checkout? I thought it would be an extra step before shipping, so I skipped it.

Top Bottom