• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

TehOh

At this point, I'm just going to consider orders in 'limbo' to be backordered. I've still got the 11/15 shipping estimate, no backorder e-mail, and the charge is still pending.. Oh well. Probably be phone-less for a couple of weeks.

I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but it's hard.

mackattk

Just got shipping notification!!

UymZc.jpg

Did anyone who received the backordered email still have a pending shipping estimate of yesterday (the 15th)?

Just want to know if I should just write everything off from Google altogether.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Did anyone who received the backordered email still have a pending shipping estimate of yesterday (the 15th)?

Just want to know if I should just write everything off from Google altogether.

Yeah I got the email and my estimated shipping date was yesterday.

So yeah, priceisrighthorn.wav

Anno

When you follow the UPS tracking number does it look like it just shipped? Or could the email itself have been backed-up while the package was in transit?

mackattk

When you follow the UPS tracking number does it look like it just shipped? Or could the email itself have been backed-up while the package was in transit?

UPS doesn't have the tracker in the system yet. So it must have just shipped very recently.

The 8gb ones were definitely not as popular. But, it does seem like people in limbo land are getting shipping notifications. There are a bunch of people on XDA saying they just received their emails in the last 5 minutes.

This is exactly what happened to me. I havent received any emails nor any shipping estimates before I got the shipping notification.

Mrg8523-

Mine has shipped too. I ordered mine through T-Mobile on Wednesday and was told it was backordered. Wasn't expecting it if another week or two.

Cyrillus

Finally got a shipping email! According to the tracking number, they've only just created a shipping label, which means it probably ships out today instead of arrives today, but considering I was worried I was going to be back-ordered, I will be perfectly happy to get it by Tuesday.

Still, Google really needs to do something about their retail infrastructure. To say that this and the Nexus 7 launches have been catastrophes would be an understatement.

EDIT: My order was 1 16GB.

TheCrow

Yes! Just got an email saying my order of 3 N4s (16gb) shipped. Unfortunately my nexus 4 hasn't shipped yet. But at least my family will be happy with their new phones.

Hieberrr

If Google wants to enter the retail industry, they need more warehouses and distribution centres. It's unbelievable that after so many products and skis, they still ship from one damn location for all of North America.

hitsugi

Yes! Just got an email saying my order of 3 N4s (16gb) shipped. Unfortunately my nexus 4 hasn't shipped yet. But at least my family will be happy with their new phones.

Well at least that means it isn't all orders for multiple phones specifically getting screwed.. I lose my phone on Monday so yeah.. My bad for thinking this was going to work out lol

At this point, I'm just going to consider orders in 'limbo' to be backordered. I've still got the 11/15 shipping estimate, no backorder e-mail, and the charge is still pending.. Oh well. Probably be phone-less for a couple of weeks.

I was in limbo too, just assumed it was back ordered, but as of 20 minutes ago my order had shipped

frico

My order(s) were in limbo too and I just got a shipping notice. It looks like they bunched both phones into one shipment. NYC here.

rc213

Seems a bunch of users on XDA started receiving shipping notices. Most never got the backorder email only a few did. Some 4-5+ phones in their orders...

Marco1

How long does it take until your shipping notice registers?
I received mine last night but it still shows up as the recycled numbers details.
Thanks.

Talon

Seems a bunch of users on XDA started receiving shipping notices. Most never got the backorder email only a few did. Some 4-5+ phones in their orders...
I have no idea why Google didn't implement their 2/order limit per usual on this.

abunai

Just back from Glasgow, people in both O2 stores said their next shipment was early January 2013. Carphone Warehouse didn't know what the phone was.

Shrug. Maybe Google is bad at communicating with retailers too.

Chili

Have they moved the Developer Options somewhere else? Can't find it in the settings anymore. Liked the 1.5x animations.

rc213

Have they moved the Developer Options somewhere else? Can't find it in the settings anymore. Liked the 1.5x animations.

Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
Tap it seven (7) times. After the third tap, you'll see a playful dialog that says you're four taps away from being a developer. (If only it were that simple, eh?) Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.

From AndroidCentral

kharma45

Just back from Glasgow, people in both O2 stores said their next shipment was early January 2013. Carphone Warehouse didn't know what the phone was.

Shrug. Maybe Google is bad at communicating with retailers too.

That's a shame, one of my friends was pretty hyped up about it and for someone non-techy how she found out about the Nexus was beyond me.

HTC 8S it is for her then.

twofold

So, about wireless charging. Do you guys know what you'll be doing? Are you all waiting for the charging orb or are there any decent solutions out there?

I've been looking at the nokia stuff but it's a) not cheap and b) not really available either.

I wish Google would announce something about the orbs soon. Micro USB really sucks. I really wish it was reversible like Apples lightning cables. As long as it's not too expensive (less than £30 ideally), I'll definitely be grabbing one of the orbs.

Maiar_m

I wish Google would announce something about the orbs soon. Micro USB really sucks. I really wish it was reversible like Apples lightning cables. As long as it's not too expensive (less than £30 ideally), I'll definitely be grabbing one of the orbs.

The real smart move would be to make them dirt cheap, like the touchstones are now. I'd have one in every room plus my car, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. it would be a good way to popularize the concept.

You could grab any Qi compatible orbs, even the Lumia ones.

twofold

Doesn't the Nexus have magnets in to hold it up while the Lumia doesn't? I think the official Google one will be the most baller.

Indeed. It looks pretty awesome.

wireless_charging_orb_nexus_4-580x325.jpeg

The real smart move would be to make them dirt cheap, like the touchstones are now. I'd have one in every room plus my car, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. it would be a good way to popularize the concept.

Yeah, that would be great. I think I'd be more than happy with just one, though. My phone spends about half the day just sitting on my desk - it'd be great if it was charging while it was doing so, ready with a full battery whenever I need it.

Top Bottom