• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
One of many in limbo. No one knows anything, therefore I've found the best option is to just assume I'm back ordered. Would be nice to know one way or another of course
I got the email that I'm back ordered up to three weeks though, I got that email yesterday. Funny that the shipping data still hasn't changed there, though

Indeed. It looks pretty awesome.
Magnet is probably in the base, and some metal in the phone is attracted to it.

Marco1

I got the shipping notice last night and I have been trying the tracking number all day on the TNT site but it still gives me the details of the parcel delivered before it's been recycled.
TNT have been no help and Google are unresponsive to my emails, also the money has not been taken from my bank.
How long does it take for the tracking number to start logging?
I have never in my life dealt with such a confusion ever and considering this is Google I am left totally flabbergasted, I really am!
How can you screw up the launch of one of your flagship devices so badly? They should be handing out the wireless orbs and bumpers for free FFS!

kms_md

Status unchanged. Google play rep said if I do not get a shipping notice by midnight to call on Monday so my case could be "escalated".

hitsugi

Status unchanged. Google play rep said if I do not get a shipping notice by midnight to call on Monday so my case could be "escalated".

It is more or less pointless to ask google any questions as far as this is concerned. Be it my email or a call with a rep. They know about as much as we do so far, and the general answer is "wait till Monday for shipping / back order email"

Man seriously!! Google are fucking shit

I got a seller for my iPhone 5 and its going in Monday. By the looks of it, I think I might have to keep it. Mid January for the UK is ages away!!

abunai

Man seriously!! Google are fucking shit

I got a seller for my iPhone 5 and its going in Monday. By the looks of it, I think I might have to keep it. Mid January for the UK is ages away!!

If you're referencing what I said earlier, I called a more local branch and they said two weeks for more stock. So, yeah. I don't think anybody really has a clear cut answer.

--

A friend of mine in England had managed to order a Nexus 4 on Tuesday, but apparently Google thought 1 = 2, so he's sending the other one to me. Lucky.

Shipping was 3-5 business days right? I believe Google says it takes 2 days to send out and 2 days to receive it. For those who did not receive the backorder email and still haven't got a shipping notice, I suggest you email Google and ask for them to credit you for shipping. In my opinion, they failed to deliver on something I paid $16.99 for if its not here by Wendsday and its looking likely that it won't be. Call me a cheapskate I don't give an F.

If you're referencing what I said earlier, I called a more local branch and they said two weeks for more stock. So, yeah. I don't think anybody really has a clear cut answer.

--

A friend of mine in England had managed to order a Nexus 4 on Tuesday, but apparently Google thought 1 = 2, so he's sending the other one to me. Lucky.

Yeah I was referencing you. The people in O2 keep saying its locked to their network- but I dunno! CPW are a waste of space, they said the phone isn't released in the UK yet- such twats..

Can people post some pics of the physical device?

Marco1

I probably know the answer to this but if I have any issues then I take it they don't keep white box models and will probably have to wait for stock to arrive for any exchanges?

The worst part is that even if it ships by say Tuesday, yo may not see it until the following Monday because of the holiday.

So this clusterfuck basically defaults it into the week after. Minimum.

Edit: Applies to the US.

f0rk

Yeah I was referencing you. The people in O2 keep saying its locked to their network- but I dunno! CPW are a waste of space, they said the phone isn't released in the UK yet- such twats..

Can people post some pics of the physical device?

If it's locked to O2 you could still use a GiffGaff sim in it right?

optimiss

Ugh, still in limbo. No backorder e-mail, no shipping notice, still says "expected to ship on the 15th".

Mine too. Just called Google. Found out his computer said I only ordered two 8GB phones even though I actually ordered one 16GB and two 8GB. I told him I was charged for all 3 in one order transaction. He said I will probably be sent all three then, but if I don't to email him back and he will take care of it. It is crazy that their system doesn't allow him to verify the order and/or make changes. Of course the 16GB phone is the one for me. :/

hitsugi

Shipping was 3-5 business days right? I believe Google says it takes 2 days to send out and 2 days to receive it. For those who did not receive the backorder email and still haven't got a shipping notice, I suggest you email Google and ask for them to credit you for shipping. In my opinion, they failed to deliver on something I paid $16.99 for if its not here by Wendsday and its looking likely that it won't be. Call me a cheapskate I don't give an F.

Asking for shipping credits while in limbo seems like asking to be back ordered to hell at this point.

If it's locked to O2 you could still use a GiffGaff sim in it right?

As kharma45 said you can use GiffGaff in a locked O2 phone. However you don't need to worry about the Nexus 4 being locked to O2, it isn't. You can use any sim from any mobile company you like in it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I came home, and the phone was waiting for me. :) I love the way it feels in my hand. I'm setting it up now. I will try and provide battery results.

This reminds me of the Wii launch.

Google is all like "Yeah guys, just come browse on in and order no problem! Pre-order? Nah, no need for that!"

Then launch day hits and nobody gets one for 3 months.

squicken

I briefly had a GS3 and this feels a little snappier, but I haven't loaded up any widgets yet. Chrome is so much slower than Safari on iOS. Firefox Beta isn't that much better. Not really familiar with Android but I hope for a Nexus optimized browser to come along as the devs get familiar with it

F#A#Oo

Banned
It's worth waiting for lads, trust me. It's a really nice phone. Can't really say the battery is outstanding but it's maybe above average. I've maybe done maybe 3 hours of internet browsing and lots of playing around on it here and there. The odd game for 10-15 minutes. I started using it at 11am and it's now a few minutes till 11 here in the UK and it's at 52%.

It's worth waiting for lads, trust me. It's a really nice phone. Can't really say the battery is outstanding but it's maybe above average. I've maybe done maybe 3 hours of internet browsing and lots of playing around on it here and there. The odd game for 10-15 minutes. I started using it at 11am and it's now a few minutes till 11 here in the UK and it's at 52%.

Pretty much. The only downside I notice is the screen is not as vibrant as my galaxy nexus but it's by no means bad.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Can someone who has it post impressions.

-It feels light, but has just enough weight to it.
-It is smooth, and fast. No lag from what I have seen thus far. Apps load up quickly.
-Photosphere is a little tricky. Takes a bit of practice, but the effect is amazing when you nail it.
-The camera is good, not great. Better than the gnex.
-Phone calls are crisp. I know this will vary depending on where you live.
-The phone's speaker are good...as long as you have the phone face down. Your hand will probably muffle the sound when playing games without headphones.
-Chrome: So far, I like it. I know chrome on mobile gets a lot of heat. I like that you can swipe away any unwanted tabs. It feels faster than before, but I am also on wifi.

If you have any questions you may have, ask away!

Maiar_m

lEJ3W.png

That is 3 hours of screen time again and light use on my device.

-It feels light, but has just enough weight to it.
-It is smooth, and fast. No lag from what I have seen thus far. Apps load up quickly.
-Photosphere is a little tricky. Takes a bit of practice, but the effect is amazing when you nail it.
-The camera is good, not great. Better than the gnex.
-Phone calls are crisp. I know this will vary depending on where you live.
-The phone's speaker are good...as long as you have the phone face down. Your hand will probably muffle the sound when playing games without headphones.
-Chrome: So far, I like it. I know chrome on mobile gets a lot of heat. I like that you can swipe away any unwanted tabs. It feels faster than before, but I am also on wifi.

If you have any questions you may have, ask away!

Worth upgrading from Gnex, or wait another year?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I haven't had the phone for long to say. But, I think, for the price, it is worth making the jump. Again, I haven't run into throttling issues, or heat issues, that reviewers and others have talked about.

Edit- Google doesn't believe in December. For some reason, when I go to add an event(birthday, anniversary, etc) under a person, December is missing.

Coming from the gnex myself. It is noticeably faster and speakers are better. Screen quality or rather colors do not seem as vibrant but not bad by any means. Text looks crisper. Vibration feedback A LOT better. Will keep you updated. For the price you can't go wrong tbh. I'm happy with it.

Edit: actually auto brightness doesn't seem to work as well on my gnex...maybe just me?

Maiar_m

I haven't had the phone for long to say. But, I think, for the price, it is worth making the jump. Again, I haven't run into throttling issues, or heat issues, that reviewers and others have talked about.

Edit- Google doesn't believe in December. For some reason, when I go to add an event(birthday, anniversary, etc) under a person, December is missing.

I noticed the same thing. Google hates December people.

Top Bottom