• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Wow, those pictures look awful. This camera will be a downgrade from my Note :(

This probably gonna seem like gloating but right now I am over the moon. After last Tuesdays complete mess up with the Nexus release on Googles playstore I decided there was NO WAY I was prepared to go through that crap again. So on Friday I went into the O2 store and plonked £400 on the counter and walked out with my new Nexus 4. I figured the £100 premium I was paying was more than worth it to avoid having to deal with Google's ordering system again.

I have been so loving the phone over the weekend. It is fantastic and I was so happy to ditch my Galaxy S after so many years of labouring on with Gingerbread. The only niggle was the extra 100 quid I paid it was gnawing at me a little.

Anyway today I tweeted "#lifeisgood with a Nexus 4". My tweet got picked up by LG and they retweeted it and then O2 got in touch with me and told me I had won a brand new LG Smart 32" TV. After I picked my jaw up off the floor I did a lil dance around the room. I am quite oblivious now to the fact I paid an extra £100 for the phone cos I am getting a new kick arse TV.

Sorry to gloat and what not and naturally I really hope those wanting to get a Nexus 4 get things sorted soon. This really is a fantastic phone I am totally loving it, it feels so smooth and luscious words really cannot describe what a joy it is to use.

Cipherr

This probably gonna seem like gloating but right now I am over the moon. After last Tuesdays complete mess up with the Nexus release on Googles playstore I decided there was NO WAY I was prepared to go through that crap again. So on Friday I went into the O2 store and plonked £400 on the counter and walked out with my new Nexus 4. I figured the £100 premium I was paying was more than worth it to avoid having to deal with Google's ordering system again.

I have been so loving the phone over the weekend. It is fantastic and I was so happy to ditch my Galaxy S after so many years of labouring on with Gingerbread. The only niggle was the extra 100 quid I paid it was gnawing at me a little.

Anyway today I tweeted "#lifeisgood with a Nexus 4". My tweet got picked up by LG and they retweeted it and then O2 got in touch with me and told me I had won a brand new LG Smart 32" TV. After I picked my jaw up off the floor I did a lil dance around the room. I am quite oblivious now to the fact I paid an extra £100 for the phone cos I am getting a new kick arse TV.

Sorry to gloat and what not and naturally I really hope those wanting to get a Nexus 4 get things sorted soon. This really is a fantastic phone I am totally loving it, it feels so smooth and luscious words really cannot describe what a joy it is to use.

Dude holy crap!

Wow, those pictures look awful. This camera will be a downgrade from my Note :(

My eyes must be seeing things in SD, because those look good (though not great) to me. World's over the GNex, at least.

Edit: My 16gb and bumper case should arrive today. I don't think anyone has gotten the bumper case yet, so it will be interesting to see how junky it is. I have hope that it's serviceable, since it seems to have a metal band around it.

Probably going to cancel if I don't get at least an actual projection of when I'm getting this phone by tomorrow. Might as well use the $$ to snag some BF/Cyber Monday stuff instead.

Sucks to still be stuck with my G1, but I can live with it for a few more weeks. Sigh.

Wow, congrats, man! What a fairy tale ending :')

Maiar_m

Take some pictures of things that don't look awesome on their own. :p

Edit: Where the heck do you live? I'm getting jealous the more I look at them.
Haha, I don't live there, but it's Normandy (Granville to be precise) when the weather is fair!

My own appraisal of the photo would be a slight oversaturation of blues while it discards much of the color spectrum. It is easily noisy as well. I honestly don't expect more from a phone camera, and you should be fine for quick snapshots. Printing on 4x3 formats should also be relatively fine, but not above.

that's pretty awesome, congrats!

Nexus 4 and a new TV? Luckiest guy in the thread.

Chili

Hehe, this is awesome. Congrats!

kms_md

Congrats!

hitsugi

Okay, so the date in the Play store supposedly reflects "When your order was last updated"

What the update is / was, who knows..? but mine has gone from 13th -> 17th -> 19th.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Except for the backordered email, nothing has changed for me since I ordered the phone. Nothing on the Wallet transactions. Same for anyone?

Do you see an expected shipping date or is that just an American thing? I swear the only date I have ever seen on my wallet is the date and time I made the purchase. The only expected shipping date I've seen was in the initial confirmation email.

This is what I see for mine
2012-11-19_1136.png

rc213

Order date changed from 13th to 17th to 19th over the weekend, Expected delivery date never changed from 15th. Nothing else has happened...

Beez

Banned
My dad called Google today and just lost it on the phone. He was swearing and yelling like i've never heard him before. At the end he said "I better f$%ing have that f#%#ing phone here by Friday or you don't wanna know what's going to happen"

My dad called Google today and just lost it on the phone. He was swearing and yelling like i've never heard him before. At the end he said "I better f$%ing have that f#%#ing phone here by Friday or you don't wanna know what's going to happen"

Eh, nothing a CSR can do in this situation. No need to yell at them.

cube444

Your dad is on a Tony Soprano level of bad assery!

conumerist has now made mention of this fiasco.

Good. They deserve all the negative press.

Won't be getting my N4 today as expected. I changed the delivery address on Friday morning, but UPS didn't bother processing the request until today. So now, it's sitting in a warehouse until tomorrow.

Meh. I'm not going to complain - especially when my fellow GAFers are still stuck in limbo.

tylerf

I checked my bank account and noticed about the cost of the N4 missing and got excited that Google had charged me and was gonna ship. Was just my automatic credit card payment being taken out :(

So I decided to call a Google CSR again to see if anything had changed. This one told me a few interesting things and at least sounded competent.

• He said that anyone who had not recieved tracking/shipping information but hadn't gotten a backordered email either was caught in a bug in their system where their order loops in 'pending' status. That's why the date of the order updates itself but nothing else happens. In actuality, the package should be ready to ship or has already shipped.
  • He said that the payment charge should process as soon as he contacts their shipping expert/rep and they fix the order. The loop prevents the charge from leaving 'pending' status, and the tracking information is set to be sent the moment the charge actually goes through.
  • He said that I should recieve either tracking information or a direct email from him(in the case that there are other complications) sometime between tonight and tomorrow morning.

After my last CSR and the stuff I've read about the CSR's not knowing much in general, I'm inclined to take all this with a grain of salt--but it may be worth it to call Google again today if you're in the same situation as me(no backordered email and no tracking/shipping info email).

Shambles

Your dad sounds like an entitled asshole.

mnannola

I'm pretty sure the CSR's have very little communication on what is actually going on. Seems like every CSR response is something different for the exact same question. I actually feel pretty bad for them if this is the case, it's hard to help people when your not provided with the information you need.

My order has shown Complete since I ordered on 11/13. Only thing that has changed is the Date. Received the backorder email last week.

So I decided to call a Google CSR again to see if anything had changed. This one told me a few interesting things and at least sounded competent.

• He said that anyone who had not recieved tracking/shipping information but hadn't gotten a backordered email either was caught in a bug in their system where their order loops in 'pending' status. That's why the date of the order updates itself but nothing else happens. In actuality, the package should be ready to ship or has already shipped.
  • He said that the payment charge should process as soon as he contacts their shipping expert/rep and they fix the order. The loop prevents the charge from leaving 'pending' status, and the tracking information is set to be sent the moment the charge actually goes through.
  • He said that I should recieve either tracking information or a direct email from him(in the case that there are other complications) sometime between tonight and tomorrow morning.

After my last CSR and the stuff I've read about the CSR's not knowing much in general, I'm inclined to take all this with a grain of salt--but it may be worth it to call Google again today if you're in the same situation as me(no backordered email and no tracking/shipping info email).
I called today and lady said none of this. Did notice my pending MasterCard charge is gone now. Sigh.

I'm pretty sure the CSR's have very little communication on what is actually going on. Seems like every CSR response is something different for the exact same question. I actually feel pretty bad for them if this is the case, it's hard to help people when your not provided with the information you need.

My order has shown Complete since I ordered on 11/13. Only thing that has changed is the Date. Received the backorder email last week.

I called today and lady said none of this. Did notice my pending MasterCard charge is gone now. Sigh.

Yeah, from my standpoint... I'll buy the story when I get that email. And since it's supposed to come as late as tomorrow morning, it'll make it that much easier for me to cancel my order if it turns out it was BS and nothing comes in.

Cyrillus

I almost feel like an asshole mentioning this since I should be getting the phone tomorrow, and I know how many GAFers are still waiting on when their phone will even be shipped, but...

Has anyone who has already received their phone and/or shipping info asked for a refund on the 2-day shipping charge? I guess technically my phone shipped on Friday and will be here Tuesday, but considering I ordered it last Tuesday I am tempted to ask for the shipping back at least. I dunno, I just feel like Google should be penalized in some way for this fiasco.

I almost feel like an asshole mentioning this since I should be getting the phone tomorrow, and I know how many GAFers are still waiting on when their phone will even be shipped, but...

Has anyone who has already received their phone and/or shipping info asked for a refund on the 2-day shipping charge? I guess technically my phone shipped on Friday and will be here Tuesday, but considering I ordered it last Tuesday I am tempted to ask for the shipping back at least. I dunno, I just feel like Google should be penalized in some way for this fiasco.

I think if you get it by Tuesday, you still fall into the 3-5 business day shipment window. So, technically there isn't cause for Google to refund the shipping charge.

For people that got those amazing back order emails, though... like me, I'll have saving a whopping $14 to looks forward to I guess. Whenever I actually get the damn thing.

TehOh

Interesting.. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Got my phone around 5pm today. Coming from an Evo 4G I love the curved screen edges on the Nexus 4. Not sure why I need 4 cores, since it's not like there's much demanding content on the Play Store... Still barely any decent games it looks like? The screen looks fucking glorious to my eyes since I'm used to my Evo 4G.

Didn't order a bumper. Waiting on more options from other manufacturers before I make a decision regarding case/bumper.

Top Bottom