• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

hitsugi

Nothing here. Perhaps they're just saying that to everyone because a certain number of people are bound to get orders shipped each business day.

No luck. I'm what's known as Limbo 3. So, we'll see how long it will take Google to get to those orders.

Limbo 2 seems to be the ones shipping now with the original order and no confirmation or communication from Google until now. Not even confirmation email I don't think.

Limbo 3 is order, confirmation email, backorder email as far as I know.

Nothing here. Perhaps they're just saying that to everyone because a certain number of people are bound to get orders shipped each business day.

Yeah, entirely possible.

Charge actually hasn't shown up on my card either, but I'm guessing it'll appear next business day.

I received an email saying it was delayed but I don't know for which order. They charged me shipping for it so maybe the email is for the second order.

hitsugi

So, CSR told me that if you placed you order on the 13th and didn't get a backorder e-mail, you should be getting your phone tomorrow. I would assume to meet their 3-5 business day deadline. I'd be impressed at this point.

Ugh I'm so annoyed. Stock android doesnt sync with Facebook properly. Plus all my friends phone numbers can't be synced. Such an inconvinience to do it manually.

So, CSR told me that if you placed you order on the 13th and didn't get a backorder e-mail, you should be getting your phone tomorrow. I would assume to meet their 3-5 business day deadline. I'd be impressed at this point.
Even without getting a shipping email? Yeah right. Still haven't received any emails yet.

hitsugi

Even without getting a shipping email? Yeah right. Still haven't received any emails yet.

Well the tracking number part always comes with that caveat of "It could take up to 24 hours blah blah"

I'm skeptical until I receive the tracking info, or the phone. Perhaps I just wanted to hear the same thing everyone else already heard

So I have a question about this phone, the reviews say it supports HSPA+, is that 4G? I have T-mobile now and depending on where I am it says edge, 3g, or 4g. Is it using HSPA+ when it says 4G on my phone? I'm just trying to figure out if I'll get slower speeds on this than my current phone.

Shambles

So I have a question about this phone, the reviews say it supports HSPA+, is that 4G? I have T-mobile now and depending on where I am it says edge, 3g, or 4g. Is it using HSPA+ when it says 4G on my phone? I'm just trying to figure out if I'll get slower speeds on this than my current phone.

T-Mobile does not have an LTE network, therefore this phone will not be any slower than your last. 4G is a term that means everything and nothing at the same time. It's a marketing gimmick.

Cyrillus

T-Mobile 4G is HSPA+ at the moment, yes. They have plans to rollout LTE next year, but that 4G symbol you're seeing is HSPA+.

T-Mobile does not have an LTE network, therefore this phone will not be any slower than your last. 4G is a term that means everything and nothing at the same time. It's a marketing gimmick.

Ya, that's why I was confused. I don't card if HSPA+ or whatever isn't technically 4G speeds or whatever like I was finding on some sites, I was just curious if that's the terminology T-mobile uses. I'm glad it's just as fast then, my hype just tripled for this phone then.

T-Mobile 4G is HSPA+ at the moment, yes. They have plans to rollout LTE next year, but that 4G symbol you're seeing is HSPA+.
Alright that's what I was hoping and so far just on the HSPA+ it's good enough for me so far and I'm assuming my old phone wouldn't support LTE anyhow so I think I may get this now... Thanks for all the help guys!

Mrg8523-

I'm posting this knowing that most people here will hate me.

My Nexus 4 arrives tomorrow and I'm so happy :D

Ordered from T-Mobile on Wednesday, was told it was back ordered for a few weeks and it ended up shipping on Friday morning.

Not really enjoying the phone. Google now is cool thats about it. Might consider selling it in a few if I dont like it. Too used to my Samsung phones.

renitou

Received shipping notice an hour ago. If it's really showing up tomorrow, that will certainly make the hours of Wii U setup (also arriving in the mail tomorrow) a bit easier. :)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Still no shipment order. I will probably be waiting for 3 weeks, huh? That's bullshit.

Not really enjoying the phone. Google now is cool thats about it. Might consider selling it in a few if I dont like it. Too used to my Samsung phones.

How can you not enjoy it? You prefer Touchwiz? Maybe you're not open to a different experience. Just give it some time. Maybe you'll come around.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What's the difference of Samsung phones that you prefer to this?

IMO Google Now seems better realized and more impressive than all the UI and functional additions Samsung ever put on their phones combined (they usually just derail the functionality of the OS, IMO Voice search/assistant in particular seemed horrid compared to Google's offering)

*edit* Ah, OK, you actually like TouchWiz. What's about the screen that you didn't like? IMO again, OLED used on GS3 screen is too prone to burn in and it looks really bad / grayish, when showing predominantly white pages in web browser etc. Overall, screen on it looked far less consistent to me in use compared to Iphone 4 screen, despite ip4 screen having a bit washed out colors.

Hieberrr

What's the difference of Samsung phones that you prefer to this?

IMO Google Now seems better realized and more impressive than all the UI and functional additions Samsung ever put on their phones combined (they usually just derail the functionality of the OS, IMO Voice search/assistant in particular seemed horrid compared to Google's offering)
Google now is only really useful for quick weather updates.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Google now is only really useful for quick weather updates.
What about other stuff like reminding you about things, warning you it's time to leave, so you can get somewhere on time, finding stuff of interest around you, doing navigation through voice search or whatever else it's doing? Does all that stuff only work in US? I'm worried how much of it will work in Canada.

Also, I'm really curious how the screen on this compares to iphone4.

What about other stuff like reminding you about things, warning you it's time to leave, so you can get somewhere on time, finding stuff of interest around you, doing navigation through voice search or whatever else it's doing? Does all that stuff only work in US? I'm worried how much of it will work in Canada.

Also, I'm really curious how the screen on this compares to iphone4.

In Google Now, everything that works for the US works in Canada. I can't think of a US-only feature.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
In Google Now, everything that works for the US works in Canada. I can't think of a US-only feature.
Can't wait to try it after the massive disappointment that was Siri. It seemed like literally everything I could think of asking it ended up suggested to be redirected to an internet search. Even things I was dead certain should be part of WolphramAlpha database.

Top Bottom