• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

battery life is super poor for me so far.. not making it through a day of light use.. made it home today with 1%

might be due to my ultra poor connection in my work building.. and it just keeps trying to reconnect to 3g? not sure..

Maiar_m

battery life is super poor for me so far.. not making it through a day of light use.. made it home today with 1%

might be due to my ultra poor connection in my work building.. and it just keeps trying to reconnect to 3g? not sure..

That's possible, mine has been unplugged for 8 hours with 40 minutes screen time and 30 minutes call time, it's 82% full. Wifi is on, 3G is on, location is off, brightness is auto. I can last two days with light use like this.

Nif

I was having battery problems and then realized it was the stupid live wallpaper which was designed poorly and ran when the phone was asleep. Changed it to a different live wallpaper, and now my battery is as good as any other phone I've had. I get through a 9 hour workday of moderate use (no games, checking twitter and email, occasional browsing) and 30% to spare.

Not used to having live wallpaper and a smooth user experience. :)

Sen²

Not sure whether this has been posted. Guy who supposedly works at UPS claims they received a total of 17k devices for the US. Seems like an awfully small number...

McKinley said:
Alright guys, here's the deal. I work at UPS's logistics center here in Louisville, Kentucky. I am one of the few employees on the line of logistics whose job to pack packages according to the packing slip, and then send it off within the conveyor belt in which then places the shipping label and then is stored in the shipping area in which are waiting to be picked up to either be shipped via ground, one day, two day, etc.

I've registered with XDA forums because it is one of the fastest moving threads on the internet regarding the Nexus 4 fiasco and it’s my off day today and I’ve thought I should share some information relating to the release of this phone and how we do operate. Here’s what’s happened and is happening at the moment. November 12th, we received approximately 17,000 Nexus 4 devices from LG Korea/Google. 7,000 of these devices were 8GB devices, and the remaining 10,000 were the 16GB devices. The shipment was wrapped in stretch plastic wrap, stacked on wooden pallets. November 14th, we started then to unpack these pallets and take apart these devices so we can start packing and shipping.

Remember we work in all areas of the warehouse, we do not just ship out for Google, we have thousands of clients whom also use us for their shipping needs and we need to prioritize each client accordingly.

So you’re asking, what’s the delay? Where are these items being shipped out so slow? Because the shipping manifest that was received was incomplete from Google. We had further received additional customer information later on and were able to ship out then. Packaging each package takes only 5 seconds from hand on time to automated machines sticking the shipping labels on them and scanning them. Then they are transported on belts to their respected buckets in which they are picked up and start their journey throughout the UPS network. The remaining phones we’ve had on hand yesterday the 19th of November had dropped from about 890 16GB devices and about 340 8GB devices. We have managed to ship out everything yesterday. Meaning there is no more stock, and replenishing this stock will take time and is estimated as freight shipping dealing with sea (which Google is using) is slow.
So there you guys go.

Thanks.

Source

Here is our 3 day old nexus after a two foot drop
h2lxZ.jpg

Chili

Ouch, I feel for you dude. Just out of interest - do you know how it landed? Did it hit the ground on the sides/corners? That would corroborate what one of the teardowns said - that it lacks internal protection against such drops.

Not sure, my wife was waiting for toys r us to open last night she was sitting in a fold up chair and it slid right off. it was her Christmas present. The phone turns on obviously but the screen is not responsive at all. LG says it will cost $40-$100 to repair

RJM77

Some guy who supposedly works for google said the next Play Store sale will be mid-December. T-mobile will not get another round of sales until January. Then the 3rd round of Play Store sales will be after that. I was stoked for this phone. But if I can't get one in my hands in a reasonable amount of time I think I'll just wait to see what comes of the Sony phones.

Some guy who supposedly works for google said the next Play Store sale will be mid-December. T-mobile will not get another round of sales until January. Then the 3rd round of Play Store sales will be after that. I was stoked for this phone. But if I can't get one in my hands in a reasonable amount of time I think I'll just wait to see what comes of the Sony phones.

Hopefully more than 17,000 this time

Smh

Jesus Christ.

wildfire

Banned
This is what anandtech tested.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6474/nexus-4-includes-support-for-lte-on-band-4-aws

Supposedly, it's only band 4, which att is planning to use, but right now, they're using band 17.

Actually...

For example, in the USA, AT&T previously discussed plans for LTE on Band 4 but has only rolled out LTE on Band 17 to date, and is rumored to be turning to refarming its PCS (1900 Band 2) and Cellular (850 Band 5) holdings for additional LTE capacity, perhaps in the stead of AWS. T-Mobile US however will use AWS for LTE.

...it's T-mobile. ATT changed their minds and are doing something different.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Actually...

...it's T-mobile. ATT changed their minds and are doing something different.

To be fair, ATT uses AWS for LTE in a couple of markets. In all honesty, this shows how lazy LG was with the chassis design of the Nexus 4

Cipherr

Lol @ production issues. Give the Nexus program back to Samsung. At least they can make enough phones to meet the demand. Let the people cry moar about the plastic backs, Ill take that over an absolutely stupid glass back any day.

Shit, better yet, give it to HTC. Im liking their moves lately, just don't care much for their software. But on a Nexus that wouldnt be a problem.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Lol @ production issues. Give the Nexus program back to Samsung. At least they can make enough phones to meet the demand. Let the people cry moar about the plastic backs, Ill take that over an absolutely stupid glass back any day.

Shit, better yet, give it to HTC. Im liking their moves lately, just don't care much for their software. But on a Nexus that wouldnt be a problem.

How many people bought that Galaxy Corporate Nexus again? Do you even remember how impossible it was to buy? And how indefinite everything was?

I'm thinking of just leaving this phone and getting something else

Is there anything that runs stock android 4.2...at least as a custom rom? Just fed up using an old arse phone right now

Hieberrr

I'm thinking of just leaving this phone and getting something else

Is there anything that runs stock android 4.2...at least as a custom rom? Just fed up using an old arse phone right now
4.2 stock. Off the top of my head, the Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus S, Galaxy S/S2/S3, and quite a bunch if other ones support Cyanogenmod (and CM 10 4.2 when it gets released).

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Finally read up on this phone and thought it was great for the price. Nuts that the stock is so terrible. Maybe I can nab one in mid-december (if no one here wants to sell theirs off first)

Cipherr

How many people bought that Galaxy Corporate Nexus again? Do you even remember how impossible it was to buy? And how indefinite everything was?

I said give it back to Samsung, not Verizon. Verizon was the problem with the GNex launch, and its terribad update scenario. Verizon should never get another Nexus. Samsung on the other hand, should.

kharma45

HTC 8X or One X body with Nexus software would be delightful.

Beez

Banned
My dad took my Nexus 4 away after he got LTE working on it. He said it's his phone now. He's gonna get me something else. *shrugs*

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My dad took my Nexus 4 away after he got LTE working on it. He said it's his phone now. He's gonna get me something else. *shrugs*

I wish your dad had a GAF account. Can you ask him to sign up?

Top Bottom