• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Oh Christ.

It finally went through.

IT FINALLY FUCKING WENT THROUGH.

AND MY AMEX ACCOUNT FLAGGED THE FUCKING TRANSACTION.

Jesus Christ.
Ouch....damn fraud protection.

Funny, I've had that stuff flag normal purchases of mine. But when I call the bank telling them I'll be out of town with my cards and while I'm away someone charges $300 at a clothing store over 1,000 miles from where I said I was, nothing until I notice it pending on my account and call them reporting the fraud.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Google could have taken cues from the Nexus 7 launch for starters. They could have instituted preorders. They could have looked at their email notification list. Google clearly didn't and still does not have the basic infrastructure to even handle an even semi-popular launch.

There are no excuses for their completely trash service here. None. Fuck, I'm pissed and I already have the damn phone. They then had two weeks to at least address infrastructure problems from the initial Nexus 4 launch. The first launch also was a very clear indication of demand leading up to this. They clearly were not ready and were better off just delaying further rather than put up devices with a comical 4-5 week wait time.

Wow.

OK so Google as a business could have gauged phone demand from it's tablet sales? That makes sense to you does it?

It's also supposed to use "notify me" list as a buyers list?

You're pretty stupid if you think Google had a way of realistically knowing demand.

I'll reiterate for you. The Galaxy Nexus was not a stellar seller. It would have been stupid for Google to produce phones that would have had to be sat on like Samsung had with the GNexus.

cube444

Just imagine the money guys will be getting on eBay (first batch) if Google patched out LTE with the second batch of N4 units.

Kibbles

woot managed to get a 16gb in my cart.

edit: "Due to high demand, your order could not be processed. Please try again later". real tired of your shit google.

buhdeh

Wow.

OK so Google as a business could have gauged phone demand from it's tablet sales? That makes sense to you does it?

You're pretty stupid if you think Google had a way of realistically knowing demand.

I'll reiterate for you. The Galaxy Nexus was not a stellar seller. It would have been stupid for Google to produce phones that would have had to be sat on like Samsung had with the GNexus.

These guys are an advertising company that makes billions on using analytics and trends to predict/target ads. The notify list should've been used as part of their predictions. There is no reason at all for the second wave of sales (that's already limited to the US) to sell out even faster than the first WORLDWIDE release.

Wow.

Sorry, Google does not get a pass here.

This is not the first time they have had their logistics run seemingly by monkeys. They still didn't learn and they had the audacity to mass email everyone today only for them to be greeted with the same shit servers, shit supply and lack of meaningful communication to explain their yet another fuck up. The Nexus 7 issue was also partially server related. THAT is what they have repeatedly failed to address.

One of the most shittastic tech launches out there. If I'm stupid, I could't imagine what Google is since, you know, they failed to entertain this little thing called a pre-order. That alone would give them a good idea of the demand and I'm sure their smart engineers and statisticians could extrapolate from there.

Do you work in their logistics department or something?

Edit: Second buhdeh's point too. Google's entire business is basically analytics.

This must be some experiment that google plans to data mine. That is the only explanation for how shitty the experience has been. I can understand if demand is high and the phone gets sold out fast but that's not whats happening. Sold out, buy now, in your cart, out of your cart, oops, high demand, try later. How high can demand be that it screws up Google's system?

This must be some experiment that google plans to data mine. That is the only explanation for how shitty the experience has been. I can understand if demand is high and the phone gets sold out fast but that's not whats happening. Sold out, buy now, in your cart, out of your car, oops, high demand, try later. How high can demand be that it screws up Google's system?

Sounds like something skynet would do
5I5s8.png

this is too funny. how did they not think it would happen again...

at the very least the scalpers on ebay got wind of this to sell it for 200%+ of the retail price...

shit probably way more

mackattk

Had a 16gb up to the pay screen (to resale).. but decided not to. . I could have probably made a profit on it, but I could have just as easily gotten scammed out of my money by someone on ebay/craigslist.

Ventron

The servers can't still be struggling under the load. Surely a lot of customers have given up by now?
Your system is losing you money, Google. Have Google not said/done anything by now?

Google Play is currently experiencing very high traffic. Nexus 4 is not sold out and will still be available for purchase. Please try again shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Shambles

It seems like they've shut down the Canadian Google play store, presumably to move the servers to run the American one. All I've been getting for the past while is "We're sorry, there was an error. Please try again later.".

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Google Play is currently experiencing very high traffic. Nexus 4 is not sold out and will still be available for purchase. Please try again shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The fact that it says this on the Canadian Play store too is just putting salt into the wounds.

Leucrota

Source

In response to questions from CNET, Google said that heavy traffic to the Google Play store had created errors for users. The device is not sold out, Google said, and the company encouraged would-be Nexus 4 owners to try again later. As of 1:05 p.m. PT, the device was still showing a "sold out" message.

Kibbles

I got begin your wallet purchase but now it's just a blue circle spinning over and over :'(
edit: Holy fuckk. "Order placed" Yessssss. It was a long battle.

And I'm sure it's not over. Will wait for the inevitable backorder email...

tfur

Its amazing. I keep going through the store from the main page, to check to see if bumpers get added for sale. It shows phones for sale, then not, then only the 16gb, then only the 8gb, then 1-2 weeks delivery, then 4-5 weeks delivery.

I guess they could not get a factory to melt some plastic and metal together to make more bumpers. Maybe they did not want to overload this server in the corner, by adding bumpers for sale at the same time.

Someone, needs to confront somebody.

EDIT: Jesus, I was going to make a joke about adding a little under construction banner... And I just got one!

"Google Play is currently experiencing very high traffic. Nexus 4 is not sold out and will still be available for purchase. Please try again shortly. Thank you for your patience."

I would have never bought this phone for any more than its priced at. Phone manufactures and carriers have been ripping us off big time for years. This is what phones should be priced at. Hopefully it sets a precedent but I'm not holding my breathe. Apple can sell a turd with a bow for $500 and people would buy it (I used to be one of those people and kinda still am)

i wish they actually ran things smoothly, then they would have a real chance at setting a precedent.

Top Bottom