• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Wife is going to be PO'ed at me if I am not asleep before she gets home. I work graveyards the next 3 nights. Gotta hold strong and not give up.

Cigol

So Google hold the keys to the internet but they can't even....

Normal people don't even know about the Google Nexus 4. Or care.

what-the-fuck-is-this-shit.jpg

tfur

UnderConstructionAnimated_0.gif

Wonder why the Shipping time for the 8GB is 3-4 weeks then?

Luckily I was able to order a 16GB, hope they really do have ample supply.

Exactly. That implies that they don't actually have enough stock now, but they do have an estimate for the amount they will receive in the next month. So, they're comfortable taking more orders.

Nexus 4 (16GB)
Ships When Available

Sounds like a preorder to me.

Also, someone suggested earlier that, if you ordered a bumper last time your order was backordered because of it, and that seems true too:

Order ships when all items are available.

Polari

How the fuck is Google so appalling at being a retailer? Why did they launch this thing with nowhere near sufficient quantities? I mean it's not as if this is the first Nexus phone, they must have some idea of demand and the number of units that would be required not to completely dick their potential customers around.

So I just realized that the name on the shipping address I entered (which is my work address) is "Work." I rather stupidly thought that Google Wallet was asking for a label, not a name.

I'm such a moron sometimes. It should arrive fine, but I'll have to let our mailroom guy know ahead of time that it's mine.

Ventron

I must be doing something wrong >_<

You need to use Firefox on either Windows or Linux.
Make sure "Proceed" is focused (Tabbing to it until it has a dotted ring around it) then hold down Enter. It won't work for a while, but it should eventually.
Occasionally refresh and try again, making sure your cart hasn't been emptied.

God, it's like Google is testing us to make sure we really want its products. It would be a good idea to keep out scalpers, if it actually kept out scalpers.

zoku88

You need to use Firefox on either Windows or Linux.
Make sure "Proceed" is focused (Tabbing to it until it has a dotted ring around it) then hold down Enter. It won't work for a while, but it should eventually.
Occasionally refresh and try again, making sure your cart hasn't been emptied.

God, it's like Google is testing us to make sure we really want its products. It would be a good idea to keep out scalpers, if it actually kept out scalpers.

Ok, I guess I wasn't holding it long enough. I'll try some more.

So for those of you who have already received this, what sort of packaging will this show up in? Does it have Google plastered all over it, or is it a boring cardboard box?

Not that I anticipate this shipping immediately, but I want to tell the mailroom guy at my office what to look for. (See my post above why.)

Cipherr

So for those of you who have already received this, what sort of packaging will this show up in? Does it have Google plastered all over it, or is it a boring cardboard box?

Not that I anticipate this shipping immediately, but I want to tell the mailroom guy at my office what to look for. (See my post above why.)

Gnexes were boxed and completely covered. Nothing to indicate what it was from the outside at all. Just a thick cardboard box with shipping stickers on it.

Gnexes were boxed and completely covered. Nothing to indicate what it was from the outside at all. Just a thick cardboard box with shipping stickers on it.

Haha, I figured.

I'll just give mailroom dude a heads-up the day it arrives. The actual address is fine, so I don't think it will cause any shipping issues. I'll just feel stupid. :/

Kibbles

I noticed I had to pay for shipping, boo. Hoiw fast is the shipping? And am i correct in assuming "shipss in 1-2 weeks" just means the ship date and not date of arrival at home?

In the first round, didn't cards only get charged upon shipping?

Again, I don't expect this to ship quickly, but my card definitely got charged.
Yup not until it shipped. As for the box its just a plain brown box and the shipping label was from Kentucky I don't even think it said from Google. Just from some warehouse.

Actually I still have the box in my garbage can...

Says from "Bldg 1 Dock Door 54, 2200 outer loop Louisville KY 40219"

2LBS. Tell your mail guy to look out for that :D

Yup not until it shipped. As for the box its just a plain brown box and the shipping label was from Kentucky I don't even think it said from Google. Just from some warehouse.

Actually I still have the box in my garbage can...

Says from "Bldg 1 Dock Door 54, 2200 outer loop Louisville KY 40219"

2LBS. Tell your mail guy to look out for that :D

Sweet, it's coming from Louisville?

I'm in Columbus, so it should be a short journey.

mnannola

I purchased on the 13th and my card had a pending charge put on it for a few days. I assume they do this at the time of purchase to verify you have a sufficient balance. The transaction will not actually post to the account until they ship is my understanding. So just because you have a pending charge does not mean your phone will be shipping soon.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
My order from launch day finally shipped today! Free overnight shipping from Louisville, KY to Los Angeles. Small consolation for the wait, I suppose.

Anybody have a case they recommend? I really want the bumper but who knows when it'll be available.

KarmaCow

Fucking hell, it went on sale again recently? Of course I missed it.

edit: nevermind I should stop crying, US only whew
...wait that still sucks, sell me your phone Google!

Rengoku

This delay in round 2 for Canada orders has me worried.... perhaps they're secretly removing the LTE chip from the phone before letting us order it? :(

RJM77

did anyone see if the bumpers went back on sale today? i was so busy just concentrating on the phone i never bothered to check. it's currently "sold out".

Top Bottom