• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

maharg

idspispopd
Heh. 1 device per customer limit it seems.

Dunno if it made a difference, btw, but I loaded the cart fresh every time I pressed proceed in case it was holding on to the failure.

I want one but I'm still locked to this Rogers' contract. Infinite Sadness.

This summer I'll grab one. Hopefully they will have a 32gb version.

exYle

Since the phone is sold unlocked, you could probably still get it and just transfer your SIM into this one.

I switched off my BB plan yesterday, get it if you can.

I did buy a 16 today, I wanted more than 8gb. Gonna sell my 8gb to a friend hopefully.

No, I won't be gouging anyone. Probably $320 since it's lightly used by me.

maharg

idspispopd
Am I the only one, btw, who finds it surprising that the 8GB seems to be so much more popular? Like, yeah, it's cheaper but not by that much. And it seems like the value of the extra 8GB is worth it.

The 8GB is sold out and the 16GB is up to 6-7wk now heh.

Why would that stop you?

I guess part of me is saying I should just wait out my contract and see if they release a 32gb version by this summer. Part of me really needs it right now since my iPhone is glitchy as fuck lately.

I may consider it on the next batch depending on how bad my iPhone 4 is by then.

Emwitus

Am I the only one, btw, who finds it surprising that the 8GB seems to be so much more popular? Like, yeah, it's cheaper but not by that much. And it seems like the value of the extra 8GB is worth it.

Personally, 8gb is more than enough. I don't use my phone for games and 1gb is more than enough to hold whatever music i need for a week. I'm assuming the same holds true for most of the general public.

Shambles

I was half tempted to go 8GB just because 'screw paying $50 for 8GB of flash" but I'm taking the safer route. The difference between $300 and $350 is pretty significant.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Only got the 16GB as the gf takes a lot of photos and videos. I don't think the 8GB (5GB usable) would be enough.

Jeels

Everything on the cloud mayne.

Yeah, I have about 16gb worth of music and I use my iPhone as my current music player so I need the space.

mnannola

I planned on selling my Nexus for a profit and keep my 3GS for a month or two, but after playing around with the Nexus for a day...I can't sell it. Everything I have done on this phone has gone without a hitch, and the screen is pretty amazing. No freaking way can I go back to the 3GS now.

What are the best looking games on Android to test out this things gaming capabilities?

The storage isn't a big deal for me because I would never use a smart phone as my primary music player. I couldn't possibly deal with an MP3 player with such shitty battery life.

For music, my Sansa Clip+ is king. And if something happens to it, well, it's only $40 to replace.

maharg

idspispopd
I don't actually fill up the 16G on my GNex, nor did I on my iphone4 or iphone3gs. But I'd still rather have that headroom. 8GB just seems so small these days.

Maybe it's also because I still remember paying prices like $1/MB.

my friend ordered one of these yesterday. said 6-8 weeks then, but shipping times got quicker today. any chance of him getting it earlier?

kmz

Neo Member

They don't necessarily start with the same number in stock of both models though.

abunai

As someone new to Android from iOS, what does rooting do if you're not installing a new rom?

Rooting is equivalent to an admin account in windows (root is system-wide admin in linux). Gives you permission to system files etc so you can do tweaks/install apps that need root. It's just a nice thing to have. You can go from using command lines to pull specific system files and change particular fonts in a certain app and pushing it back to your phone, or to something as simple as installing an app which backs up all your apps along with their settings for you. It's neat.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

It could mean different stock levels. It's not necessarily demand. I imagine Google would rather sell 16 GB models since the profit margin would be higher. Or, rather, the loss margin would be less.

TwIsTeD

Google shipping times are bullshit since soo many of ours "shipped" but didnt really haha

In all seriousness i`m sure most will get within 2 weeks

Google shipping times are bullshit since soo many of ours "shipped" but didnt really haha

In all seriousness i`m sure most will get within 2 weeks

The premature shipping notices are just mind-bogglingly stupid.

1) Print labels
2) Alert everyone that it has shipped
3) Let boxes sit in warehouse for 2 business days before distributing them

Seriously, who the fuck does that?

Leaving the office in three minutes. Definitely not coming today.

Hopefully Google will have the decency to refund the shipping so we don't all have to beg for it.

TwIsTeD

Leaving the office in three minutes. Definitely not coming today.

Hopefully Google will have the decency to refund the shipping so we don't all have to beg for it.

Thats the other thing I dont like about ordering from the Play Store....for all the shipping they do they have to be making some $$$ there as well.

tfur

I was going to do the bumper thing, but after feeling up the curved glass, not gonna happen.

Use a pouch and go bare. That's how I did the galaxy nexus.

The phone is not slippery at all in hand, but just on smooth surfaces like wood, or glossy books.

Top Bottom