• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Koshiro

Got my order through AT LAST. Good luck guys. Just get it in your cart and keep hammering the proceed button, regardless of yellow error messages. Tears of joy.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So, I've been reading up on rooting and I think I'm going to give it a go, but I'm happy with stock aside from battery life. Any rooters want to weigh in on the best method/ roms/ kernels for improving battery life? I'm looking ideally for a process as minimal as possible :p

Also, found some Nexus One style neoprene sleeves on ebay for the Galaxy Nexus and ordered one. Should fit the N4, no?

Confusing item since in the picture, it shows a nexus one in the sleeve, not the GN.

eissan

Anyone who ordered from canada yesterday still in pending status? I ordered in first 5 minutes and the order is stuck in pending...doesn't it update to say I have to wait 4-8 weeks????

Fuck yes. Finally. T Mobile had it back in stock. Upgraded my older brothers phone line and now I should have it in a week or two.

Sorry for you people who ordered through Google who may have to wait longer.

NEXUS ONE, IT WAS A GUD RUN

Fuck yes. Finally. T Mobile had it back in stock. Upgraded my older brothers phone line and now I should have it in a week or two.

bro-fist

I did the same thing. Retired my N1 (RIP li'l dude) and upgraded through T-mobile. Did you get the protection plan? It costs like $7 and covers drops, breakages, pretty much everything and they'll replace the phone for free.

giga

You're paying 150 more from tmobile though right?

kharma45

Just got one in the UK, never spent so much on a phone before, hope it's worth it!

4-5 weeks for mine to ship though, might change my mind before then lol.

bro-fist

I did the same thing. Retired my N1 (RIP li'l dude) and upgraded through T-mobile. Did you get the protection plan? It costs like $7 and covers drops, breakages, pretty much everything and they'll replace the phone for free.

I didn't see any option for protection plan. I can't figure out how to look at the order I just took to double check.

Nah, it was 200 dollah with fees and stuff bringing it up to 257.

Don't care about the contract thing, cause it's my brothers contract that was extended. Mine was extended way earlier this year when he used my upgrade to buy an S3.

TwIsTeD

I think we've had a big misunderstanding.

Per Google, it doesn't start shipping until 24 hours after the label has been created. But apparently that 24 hours doesn't actually start until 24 hours after the first 24 hours, followed by the next first 24 hours in which the package finally ships.

And Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays don't count.

hahaha....indeed....I love Googles sense of time

I didn't see any option for protection plan. I can't figure out how to look at the order I just took to double check.

Nah, it was 200 dollah with fees and stuff bringing it up to 257.

Don't care about the contract thing, cause it's my brothers contract that was extended. Mine was extended way earlier this year when he used my upgrade to buy an S3.

I would give a call and see if you can add it-- it's incredibly cheap for what sounds like a pretty great replacement plan. I did mine in-store and they offered there.

I would give a call and see if you can add it-- it's incredibly cheap for what sounds like a pretty great replacement plan. I did mine in-store and they offered there.

Will do. I'm gonna try to call them right now and if nothing works I'll do what you did and go to the store later on.

It should be possible to add it on later in store like you did right? I hope so even if it is after the purchase date.

f0rk

Just got one in the UK, never spent so much on a phone before, hope it's worth it!

Is that what it says on the email receipt? I guess they have two shipments coming here.

Will do. I'm gonna try to call them right now and if nothing works I'll do what you did and go to the store later on.

It should be possible to add it on later in store like you did right? I hope so even if it is after the purchase date.

Hmm, I don't know but I don't see why they wouldn't let you add it, especially if the phone's not even in your possession yet.

So, i was finally able to "pre order" the 8gb unit on the german play store, never got an e-mail notification or anything else (sneaky bastards ...), simply by visiting the store daily.

Does Google charge the CC directly? Or when the order is being processed?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
For anyone that has already received theirs. How accurate were the shipping estimates? I got an estimate of 3 to 4 weeks so I'm hoping I can get it wrapped up under the Christmas tree.

kharma45

Cancelled my order in the hope a deal comes along for the Lumia 920 or HTC 8X in the next 4-5 weeks rather than waiting on the Nexus.

hwalker84

Damn Google is Scroogling me!!! They said it shipped out Friday but it hasn't even been received by UPS. They must've figured out I only bought it to sell.

cube444

So where can I get some nice background themes from guys? Stock live one is good but won't help the battery much. Saw a guy with a nice one that was black and had the little droid guy coming out of the bottom right corner with a grayish velcro looking font.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Just got an email saying that it shipped!

Now let's see how long this takes, because they automatically charged me 2 day shipping. I already got some accessories that i ordered, Can't wait to try this phone out ;)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Just got an email saying that it shipped!

Now let's see how long this takes, because they automatically charged me 2 day shipping. I already got some accessories that i ordered, Can't wait to try this phone out ;)

What was your shipping estimate prior to it getting shipped?

The_Joker

i neeeed heeellpppppp....

i ordered a 16gb version yesterday with 1-2 weeks delivery time... i just saw that i fucked up the delivery adress... there is none written in the conformation e-mail...instead i wrote my last name there (don't ask my how this happened)... is there any way i can change this without having to cancle my order and order it again with 5-6 weeks delivery?

cube444

Hey guys. I ordered this last night:

Andru-Black-635x297.png

Link

Nicktendo86

Bad luck mate, my brother managed to bag one yesterday with 1-2 weeks delivery. £10 for delivery is fucking mad though.

freshair

CM 10.1 w/ faux kernel = 3hr 30min of on screen time.
- intellidemand
- autobrightness on
- g+ instant upload, dropbox camera upload, haxsync, gtalk, fb/messenger all active

I hear people are getting good results with matrix 2.0 so I'm going to try that now.

Previously on stock I barely hit 2 hours.

kharma45

Yeah, that sucks, but nice gesture by Nokia.

Yeah I thought so too. The 920 is the phone I'd ideally want but they messed up by going EE exclusive over here in the UK so I'd basically settled for the Nexus 4 for the great price/features or the HTC 8X, but if they're willing to give me an unlocked device for 2 weeks might as well take them up on the offer!

asdad123

Still didnt get a shipping email (2-3 weeks like most of you guys), but a charge appeared on my card again after the pending charge dropped off several days ago, so im guessing its soon.

Cant wait to try it out compared to my iphone :D

I still hear that buzzing noise when putting the phone up to your ear. I actually heard it while taking a shit today when the phone was a good foot away from my ear/face just browing the net. Concerning. Dat LG pedigree.

Hieberrr

I still hear that buzzing noise when putting the phone up to your ear. I actually heard it while taking a shit today when the phone was a good foot away from my ear/face just browing the net. Concerning. Dat LG pedigree.

Yeah it seems to be affecting everyone :(. Weird. I hope that thing doesn't blow up in my face when I'm using it *knocks on wood*.

I'm still waiting on my damn case from China. I ordered it back on the 16th and it's still not here. Should've just ordered a more expensive one from the US or something...

Top Bottom