• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6 |OT| Moto takes the L

Husker86

Adaptive brightness is incredibly useful on all mobile devices.

I'm glad that the brightness issue may be fixable, but the fact that it doesn't go full brightness in the sun with adaptive brightness on is really, really weird.

I never have brightness hard-set, even with the new slider in Lollipop, it's annoying to have to change on my own.

With adaptive brightness, Google finally got the auto-brightness with user-adjustable intensity right (before, you could have auto brightness on, but if you did you had no control over it); I don't want to have to turn that off right when Google adds the feature.

I'm sure this will get fixed, though.

CronoShot

Got my order in with T-Mobile, despite problems with the site not loading properly.

64GB Midnight Blue. Estimated delivery date of tomorrow. Let's hope!

-PXG-

Ordered my Nexus 6 from T-mobile. Quick and easy. I'm going to go to the store today and see if they have them in stock. If so, I will just cancel my online order.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I was pretty set on this phone, so long as I wasn't too afraid of the size, but now I find myself really pulling away from it. I've been rocking the original Moto X and love it, and I was really hoping to stick with a stock Android phone. I'm not sure if the new Moto X is worth the purchase, or if I should just move onto a different device and live with it.

what i do

I'm back on the phone train. As far as my friend goes, he's busy at work (medical resident), so the only thing he told me was - it's bright enough to make my head hurt.

He said he's used to the size by now, and it feels like the jump from the Note 1 to Note 2 in terms of "bigness". He's pretty happy. That's about it.

I preordered again :/. Dat weakness.

Welcome back Birdie :)

Mine has shipped but my credit card hasn't been charged yet. Seems weird to me.

Well, I got mine from T-Mobile. Still setting it up.

You can see the fine in bright direct sunlight, even with adaptive on. Dunno what some reviewers were smoking.

gcubed

Source waa some guy on Reddit that said his friend works at Google and is currently testing it for an update in February. No proof was given.

its my biggest annoyance with the launch of a phablet from google, it should have been there day 1, and some decisions that they made with lollipop on tablets leads me to believe its coming, but i'll wait for something a little more concrete then a random reddit poster (you really can't get much LESS trustworthy than that)

CronoShot

i though tmobile stopped branding their phones, i think the only bloat on it would be their wifi calling. Plus, it doesn't matter anymore, you can just get rid of it
My last T-Mobile Android phone was the G3, and it had some preinstalled T-Mobile apps and a tramp stamp on the back. They're not as bad as Verizon or AT&T, but it's still there.

T-Mobile never puts bloatware and they stopped branding for the most part.

This is basically a Google Play edition, except it came preloaded with a T-Mobile Sim card.
Good to hear

Edit: God damn it my order is saying backordered :mad:

Jeff-DSA

Trying to buy a phone from T-Mobile is impossible if you don't want to order online. Every single store says, "ah, no...we don't have it. I don't know when we're getting it. You can come in and we can order it online...I think."

I love T-Mobile, but they've done a really poor job communicating this launch to their customers and their employees. Heck, we were supposed to have two phones waiting for us at one of the stores, but they didn't get the phones and they don't know if/when they will now.

We're just ordering online.

Trying to buy a phone from T-Mobile is impossible if you don't want to order online. Every single store says, "ah, no...we don't have it. I don't know when we're getting it. You can come in and we can order it online...I think."

I love T-Mobile, but they've done a really poor job communicating this launch to their customers and their employees. Heck, we were supposed to have two phones waiting for us at one of the stores, but they didn't get the phones and they don't know if/when they will now.

We're just ordering online.

That leaked store listing turned out to be very, very accurate in NYC. You should have gone off that.

Also, I was the third person to buy one at my store. That's surprising since I live in the hood. I'm sure they didn't have much stock too.

Are people getting a case for this beast? I haven't decided. It feels really good thanks to the slope, and I'm afraid adding bulk will ruin it. It barely fits in my hand as-is.

Jeff-DSA

That leaked store listing turned out to be very, very accurate in NYC. You should have gone off that.

Also, I was the third person to buy one at my store. That's surprising since I live in the hood. I'm sure they didn't have much stock too.

Not a single Nexus 6 phone in the entire state of Utah at launch, according to the spreadsheet. That's madness given how strong our economy is and how quick we are to adopt new tech.

Milpool

How strong is the vibration on the 6? I miss pretty much all calls and notifications on the 5 since I can't feel it at all.

XwcT6Lw.jpg

Just got my Play Store order delivered. Paid for 2 day but the warehouse was close enough for delivery to take just one day.

Are people getting a case for this beast? I haven't decided. It feels really good thanks to the slope, and I'm afraid adding bulk will ruin it. It barely fits in my hand as-is.
Where in NYC did you get it? Brooklyn? Manhattan? Queens? Bronx? I went to a store in Downtown Brooklyn but they took it down. I want to see if they have it today.
Just got my Play Store order delivered. Paid for 2 day but the warehouse was close enough for delivery to take just one day.
Awwww yeah. You know what to do.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Any bloat or carrier branding? My biggest fear right now.

I saw a video of an AT&T activation and only 2 apps were added which could easily be removed. One was AT&T Live and the other was MyAT&T which allowed you to monitor usage and pay your bill. The guy in the video bought his from Motorola, not AT&T, so not sure if the experience is the same with devices from AT&T directly.

thuway

I saw a video of an AT&T activation and only 2 apps were added which could easily be removed. One was AT&T Live and the other was MyAT&T which allowed you to monitor usage and pay your bill. The guy in the video bought his from Motorola, not AT&T, so not sure if the experience is the same with devices from AT&T directly.

And to be perfectly honest, the MyATT app is pretty useful. The ATT live otoh :/...

Where in NYC did you get it? Brooklyn? Manhattan? Queens? Bronx? I went to a store in Downtown Brooklyn but they took it down. I want to see if they have it today.

Awwww yeah. You know what to do.

Bronx on Fordham.

AT&T press photos show an AT&T logo on the back. It may just be a Photoshop, but it is definitely possible that it will have it in actuality.

Wreav

Banned
Is he flexing for ego, or because the phone is so massive that it has fully engaged his full suite of arm muscles?

Top Bottom