• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6 |OT| Moto takes the L

sdijoseph

I am thinking about the moto finance option because I can't afford the phone outright, and it will most likely be forever until Verizon offers it on contract.

I am thinking about the moto finance option because I can't afford the phone outright, and it will most likely be forever until Verizon offers it on contract.

I actually enjoy the Moto credit for its no interest financing (assuming you pay it off in time).

Bought my son his 2013 Moto X with it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I keep hitting the power/volume buttons when pulling the thing out of my pocket. :p

Also, anyone notice the B&W notifications pop up randomly even when you don't move the phone?

Otherwise I am loving the phone.

I wish the power button was in a different spot than the volume.. I keep hitting power when I'm turning to turn the volume up.

They are in a shitty spot.. they need to be closer to the top.. and separated.

The battery life is OK.. not fantastic. I guess it makes sense with how freaking big this is.. but was hoping for more.

Nitsuj23

Just an update for anyone waiting for shipment info... I ordered a 32GB CW from Moto on 11/12. The estimated delivery is 12/02. I signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager and turned on email alerts when a shipping label is created. I decided to check today even though I hadn't gotten an email and was happy to see a label was created (today) with estimated delivery of Wednesday, 11/26. So that's six days early, not terrible.

The funny thing is, I purchased something from Amazon last week and did receive an email from FedEx when they created a label. I'm assuming I'll get an email from them later today about the creation of the label, it's just odd because it seems like that would be a fairly easy (and important) system to automate. Whatever, N6 is less than 48 hours! :D

th3dude

Just an update for anyone waiting for shipment info... I ordered a 32GB CW from Moto on 11/12. The estimated delivery is 12/02. I signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager and turned on email alerts when a shipping label is created. I decided to check today even though I hadn't gotten an email and was happy to see a label was created (today) with estimated delivery of Wednesday, 11/26. So that's six days early, not terrible.

The funny thing is, I purchased something from Amazon last week and did receive an email from FedEx when they created a label. I'm assuming I'll get an email from them later today about the creation of the label, it's just odd because it seems like that would be a fairly easy (and important) system to automate. Whatever, N6 is less than 48 hours! :D

I'm in the exact same boat with the same model.

Actually when the label first showed up it was supposed to come tomorrow, but they missed the drop off time for FedEx so it slipped a day. I'm just bummed because I have to have it held at FedEx until next week when I get back from out of town. If it came tomorrow I could pick it up on my way out :(

And they kept their promise. Only the My Account app was present on my phone, but that's the SIM card's doing. You can uninstall it just like any other app.

I can't wait to switch over to T-Mobile once I can finally order a Nexus 6. T-Mobile has the the second fastest speeds in New York City after Verizon. Pretty good I'd say so I don't have to worry about crappy coverage since it's so good in New York.

I can't wait to switch over to T-Mobile once I can finally order a Nexus 6. T-Mobile has the the second fastest speeds in New York City after Verizon. Pretty good I'd say so I don't have to worry about crappy coverage since it's so good in New York.

I rarely lose coverage and speeds are fast and consistent here in NYC. Only problem I get are some areas indoors.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
And they kept their promise. Only the My Account app was present on my phone, but that's the SIM card's doing. You can uninstall it just like any other app.

AT&T only installs an account app one other. So unless Verizon is installing a ton of apps, not sure how relevant the "no bloatware" argument is with the Nexus 6. With other phones I have seen AT&T install many more, but not this time.

TxdoHawk

Got mine yesterday. Haven't really handled it enough to give a decent review, but so far, I'm pretty pleased.

Today is the first real test of battery life, came off the charger on a full charge, and I'm in my worst store as far as cell phone reception (even my Verizon phones had issues in this office). I'll update tonight with my thoughts.

AT&T only installs an account app one other. So unless Verizon is installing a ton of apps, not sure how relevant the "no bloatware" argument is with the Nexus 6. With other phones I have seen AT&T install many more, but not this time.

AT&T put in the ugly boot animation, which is far worse than uninstallable apps.

todd360

Got mine yesterday. Haven't really handled it enough to give a decent review, but so far, I'm pretty pleased.

Today is the first real test of battery life, came off the charger on a full charge, and I'm in my worst store as far as cell phone reception (even my Verizon phones had issues in this office). I'll update tonight with my thoughts.

Please deliver op.

Jeff-DSA

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm pretty happy to have it before the Thanksgiving break and for the improved indoor pictures over my HTC One (M7). I'll give my full impressions as well.

I just need to find the right case...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
AT&T put in the ugly boot animation, which is far worse than uninstallable apps.

So you boot your phone everyday? I have seen the animation 2 times since my phone was delivered. I don't see it as an issue. Hell, the animation lasted like .5 seconds or some crap. If you hate AT&T, that's fine, I get that. But these arguments about bloatware just don't seem to hold much weight this time around, which is a surprising to me.

I was thinking of going with T-Mobile, but heard so many mixed reports of their service in my area, so I just stuck with AT&T and got on one of the shared data plans.

Jeff-DSA

So you boot your phone everyday? I have seen the animation 2 times since my phone was delivered. I don't see it as an issue. Hell, the animation lasted like .5 seconds or some crap. If you hate AT&T, that's fine, I get that. But these arguments about bloatware just don't seem to hold much weight this time around, which is a surprising to me.

I was thinking of going with T-Mobile, but heard so many mixed reports of their service in my area, so I just stuck with AT&T and got on one of the shared data plans.

No, AT&T just sucks for what they did to the Nexus 6. It goes beyond the boot animation and the logo.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/24/the-stark-contrast-nexus-6-on-sprint-and-t-mobile-vs-att/

You know all those things I mentioned that were missing from both the Sprint and T-Mobile versions? SIM locks, carrier branding, bloatware downloaded via VPL, and the like? AT&T has it all. Most people who buy a Nexus 6 from Big Blue aren't going to care, but if you want a "pure" Nexus experience (which of course means different things to different people), don't even think about buying from AT&T.

In addition to a SIM lock, branding galore, and the company's suite of ringtones, AT&T (and Verizon apparently) also managed to talk Google and/or Motorola into baking a subscription check into the ROM at AOSP-level as a prerequisite for enabling tethering. Because it's built into the firmware, the hotspot check happens on any Nexus 6 that has an AT&T SIM card in it, regardless of where it was purchased.

Blech.

NotBacon

Lol, but what if this one isn't that bad?!?!

Edit: Kay fine, I have the Cloud White phone, should I get a white or black case? I NEED SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS.

Edit 2: Got the white case. Pimp town here I come.

should have gone clear.

G8AvV8m.jpg

No, AT&T just sucks for what they did to the Nexus 6. It goes beyond the boot animation and the logo.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/24/the-stark-contrast-nexus-6-on-sprint-and-t-mobile-vs-att/

Blech.

but it sounds like the opposite of sucking. all of those additions but they don't affect the #1 thing about having a Nexus... fast updates!

Top Bottom