• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 leak: Android 4.3, 2 cameras, wireless charging, July 31st [Up: 1920x1200]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Posted?

nexu73.jpg

---

7-19-2013nexus7productinfo2.jpg

nexus7-staples.jpg

A few days back, a lovely tipster sent us in some shots that strongly suggest a shiny new Nexus 7 will be hitting shelves next week for $269. Granted, that's for the 32GB model, but it still represents a $20 premium over the current version. What we haven't known until now, though, has been what exactly that extra $20 will get you. A new leak, that photo above of a product info tag, suggests that there are actually quite a few extras baked in this time around. According to the pic, there's a quad-core 1.5GHz CPU with the still-unannounced Android 4.3 as the OS. The 7-inch screen size remains, though it's unclear if there's a resolution bump to accompany it. Also on board are a pair of cameras: 1.2MP up front and 5MP around back. The two more unexpected tidbits are the addition of Slim Port support for playing 1080p video on your TV, as well as wireless charging, because the less cables you need, the happier you're bound to be. We're sure all will be revealed next week at Google's big event.

Update: Yet another tipster has reached out to us to share that the next iteration of the Nexus 7 will officially go on sale in Staples on July 31st. As you can see in the memo after the break the tablets are expected to arrive in stores as early as the 24th, but they'll be kept under lock and key until the last day of the month. This doesn't preclude Google from selling the devices through the Play store earlier, though, but that would mean taking the plunge without trying it out first.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/19/new-nexus-7-leak/

Calmine

The specs are pretty much confirming some of the previous leaks. Although no mention of amount of RAM or Display resolution.

Here's hoping it's 2GB and 1920x1200.

Calmine

IIRC the output must match the native res so 1080p

That would make sense. Although some devices are not 1080p displays native and support 1080p out.

I've got a good feeling the specs will be the same as the Sony Xperia tablet Z. So it'll be a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro.

reKon

Banned
The processor will be fine, especially since 4.3 is suppose to be much more optimized. The HTC One screen spoiled me so I'm glad that this will probably be high res one. 2gb of ram and good battery life will make this a buy for me a few months from now.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I've been waiting for a Nexus 7 refresh ever since the first one was announced. Can't wait for Wednesday.

I'm not paying that much for something that will become unusable after one year of use. I've learned my lesson with the first gen Nexus 7.

I'm currently deciding if I should pick up this, the nexus 10, or wait for the nexus 11. The nexus 11 will probably be a four month wait, and I'm not that patient. I like the idea of a bigger screen on the nexus 10 over the 7, but I don't want to buy a old processor with a gen 1 device.

NomarTyme

All I want to know if I can play my burn bluy ray movies(mp4). Has anybody try playing their Nexus 7 with blu ray movies?

Calmine

I wouldn't hold out hopes for it working. Nexus 4 removed the USB OTG features that let you use that with the nexus media importer app. Google might block it on the new Nexus 7 as well.

Wow really? When did they do that?

I know they removed Apps to SD option from Jelly bean but didn't realise they stopped OTG support.

Cheebo

Banned
Wow really? When did they do that?

I know they removed Apps to SD option from Jelly bean but didn't realise they stopped OTG support.

Jelly Bean has support. It works on Nexus 7/10. It is just the Nexus 4 doesn't work with the Nexus Media Importer App that came about due to lack of SD Card support on Nexus devices.

Calmine

Jelly Bean has support. It works on Nexus 7/10. It is just the Nexus 4 doesn't work with the Nexus Media Importer App that came about due to lack of SD Card support on Nexus devices.

Ah right that's fair enough. Well lets hope they don't remove it from new nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom