• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 leak: Android 4.3, 2 cameras, wireless charging, July 31st [Up: 1920x1200]

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

I wonder if the Nexus 4 would be able to charge on whatever the wireless pad thing is. They never sold those orb things in the UK

Nexus devices never have SD storage though. It's always been like that and I doubt it's gonna change. Also, there were ways you could attach e.g. a USB drive to your Nexus 7, maybe that'll work with the new one as well. Not saying it's optimal or anything, but it could be useful.

I really dislike that aspect of the Nexus series. :(

magnetic fields. it's not that great really. takes longer to charge and is less efficient.

As someone who actually uses it on their phone, it's pretty damn nice. It's like one of those presents you get that you would never actually buy yourself because you can't justify the expense in your mind, but if someone else bought it for you you would love it and use it all the time.

Does anyone know what wireless charging standard they're going to use on this?

gogogow

Nexus One did

True.

But unfortunately, all the other Nexus', Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7, 10, didn't. The chance this one will have one is about 0.00000000000001%. The reason why i'll never buy a Nexus device. They really want to promote their cloud service so bad? I have no interest in the cloud. Some of their devices with only 8GB storage are just laughable. With no expansion slot, everything under 32GB is a joke.

True.

But unfortunately, all the other Nexus', Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7, 10, didn't. The chance this one will have one is about 0.00000000000001%. The reason why i'll never buy a Nexus device. They really want to promote their cloud service so bad? I have no interest in the cloud. Some of their devices with only 8GB storage are just laughable. With no expansion slot, everything under 32GB is a joke.

Yeah I've come the realization that it will never happen for nexus devices a long time ago I was just point out that the n1 had it :p

Darkkn

Better processor and higher quality screen(720p is fine as a resolution for device this size imo) is all i want from this. The HW design of Nexus 7 is great so i don't mind if they don't change it up much.
One added bonus that I wish they would add is smarter way to wake up the device. The 'no home button' mentality of Google is boneheaded if they don't have better way to give access to the device than hunting power switches. Why doesn't my finger on the capacitive screen wake up the device?

Better processor and higher quality screen(720p is fine as a resolution for device this size imo) is all i want from this. The HW design of Nexus 7 is great so i don't mind if they don't change it up much.
One added bonus that I wish they would add is smarter way to wake up the device. The 'no home button' mentality of Google is boneheaded if they don't have better way to give access to the device than hunting power switches. Why doesn't my finger on the capacitive screen wake up the device?

i gotta admit... one thing i hated when i got my Note 2 was having a physical button instead of all capacitive buttons on previous US galaxies... but now... man, the home button to wake the screen is soooooooooo super convenient!

Torraz

Dunno how it does it, but when I open the flap of my book-type nexus 7 cover the device automatically wakes up.

DBT85

Dunno how it does it, but when I open the flap of my book-type nexus 7 cover the device automatically wakes up.

Think that is done with a magnet.

On my Xperia Tablet Z you can wake it similarly IIRC, but you can also just double tap the screen.

SLV

I just have to know how long the battery lasts and then once it comes out in Europe, it is mine !

Leaked Best Buy Ad Shows New Nexus 7 With 1920x1200 Screen Launching Tuesday, July 30th For $229.99

EVleaks

BPu8PA0CYAAftD_.png:large

DarkFlow

Banned
Well I'm selling my iPad 2 then while I can still get a good price for it. I had a first gen Nexus 7, liked it, but wanted to try out a iPad. After using it about a year, I'm done with apple's walled garden and I'm ready to head on back to Android.

This pushed me to sell and I'll be hunting down the nexus 7 like I did last year, on day one lol.

reKon

Banned
I feel that they are going to maintain the large bezel on their Nexus tablets just as the Apple maintains their small phone size. Their arguments are that it's easier/more comfortable to hold for use. Both companies piss me off with that shit.

markot

Banned

What the fudgeocity.

Why is the bezel so big at the top and bottom? And why not use that for speakers instead of lameo back speakers >.<

And the bezel is so I assume people can hold it sidewise... but then the speaker is just there under your hand... fffff...

Honestly, if thats it, I would probably pass. So much unused space + software buttons.... ew..

Can't wait to buy the fuck out of this thang. Looks to be the perfect 7 incher.

What the fudgeocity.

Why is the bezel so big at the top and bottom? And why not use that for speakers instead of lameo back speakers >.<

And the bezel is so I assume people can hold it sidewise... but then the speaker is just there under your hand... fffff...

Honestly, if thats it, I would probably pass. So much unused space + software buttons.... ew..

If the software buttons annoy you that much, they can be turned off pretty easily.

markot

Banned
Can't wait to buy the fuck out of this thang. Looks to be the perfect 7 incher.

Its a 9+ incher with a 7 inch screen >_<

Software buttons only annoy me if they waste space. If there is a 1inch bezel, then they annoy me cause they should just be put there on their own instead of taking up screen estate.

markot

Banned
Real question for me: does this have a front-facing speaker?

Pleeeeease.

If thats the real pic, then no ><

I cant buy something without front facing speakers now too, they are so much better, both my note 10.1 and my htc one have front facing speakers, they are so much better, cause thats where da ears are >_>

If thats the real pic, then no ><

I cant buy something without front facing speakers now too, they are so much better, both my note 10.1 and my htc one have front facing speakers, they are so much better, cause thats where da ears are >_>

Dammit. I use my Nexus 7 all the time and I hate that the speaker is on the back. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom