• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

I want one badly...and I have the iPad 3.

my iPad is the iPad3, but this thing is the right form factor, the right size, and a mini iPad will likely either never appear or show up next year.

I like the voice dictation, I like Google Now.

I think I sent an email to Google to cancel my order as I ordered from someone else and google is so non-responsive they are likely to ship it to me anyway. lol

Izick

See, this is what I don't like. Some customers are getting their pre-orders shipped, allegedly while others aren't, with no rhyme or reason to it. It's absolute fucking chaos.

Cheebo

Banned
my iPad is the iPad3, but this thing is the right form factor, the right size, and a mini iPad will likely either never appear or show up next year.
Eh? WSJ who is basically a PR arm for Apple and gets it pretty much dead on always says mini iPad will be out in October. Apple is not missing the holiday season, not a chance.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Chances of me being able to pick one of these up in-store tomorrow?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
This is pure garbage. I'm cancelling my order and will steal one from Gamestop tomorrow. Serves them right for stringing consumers along.

Eusis

I called GameStop and the guy told me the 30th of September. However, I imagine there's one of two possibilities here: that's the date for when you can buy one without pre-ordering, or (more likely) it's the furthest possible date for it to come out. I also failed to bring up I already had a pre-order, I figured once I heard that date it signified GameStop had no idea at all.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
"Steal one from GameStop" means he's going to break into the back room where they have the Nexus 7 locked up.

Will be easy. I'll stump them with an unanswerable question - "can you recommend me a good Vita game?", and while the morning manager types furiously into his computer in an attempt to look busy i'll go to the backroom that always seems to have the security cam turned off in the AM and take what is rightfully mine.

It didn't have to be like this, Google.

Izick

I called GameStop and the guy told me the 30th of September. However, I imagine there's one of two possibilities here: that's the date for when you can buy one without pre-ordering, or (more likely) it's the furthest possible date for it to come out. I also failed to bring up I already had a pre-order, I figured once I heard that date it signified GameStop had no idea at all.

Dv3g0.gif

giga

Nope, I've heard similar and that's most likely the earliest the shipments come in. Something to do with a new Apple injunction.

Eusis

So Gamestop is selling them tomorrow?
They sold out yesterday. I'm sorry.

Seriously though, I should expand on what I said earlier: when I said "latest they could expect", I meant a crazy worst case scenario. I imagine they'd get them WAY earlier, but they want to be safe so if it comes out, say, the middle of August they can play dumb.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well from the RFD forums:

1. N7 in brown has it's own listing in inventory system leaked
2. All Canadian retailers have Brown listed in their product description
3. Pictures of the Brown back have been shown in both pictures and videos from different sites and sources
4. The Canadian site in the link above on this very page prior to your post has a description of it along with the pictures of the Brown back saying it's Brown and looks like a Dark Grey.

Panda Rin

Nobody knows when Gamestop is selling these. All of these dates are from either people speculating or news outlets just getting false info from retailers.

We. don't. know.

Pachimari

It has been shown a long time ago, it's nothing new.

And come on, release this already, so the rest of the world can get one as well.

DarkFlow

Banned
So no one has any idea if this hits retail tomorrow? I won't be able to order till tomorrow regardless so I'll try my luck at GameStop. Is there any difference from the play store one and a retail one?

Izick

So no one has any idea if this hits retail tomorrow? I won't be able to order till tomorrow regardless so I'll try my luck at GameStop. Is there any difference from the play store one and a retail one?

Not that I know of. You might not get like a free book and magazine, but I know you get the 25$ in Google Play credit and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

DarkFlow

Banned
Not that I know of. You might not get like a free book and magazine, but I know you get the 25$ in Google Play credit and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
Alright that's fine. I just don't want a galaxy nexus like situation where only the play store one gets updates first. Not that it really matters since I root all my stuff anyway.

Also since this is a nexus device, unlocked bootloader I'm guessing.

Top Bottom