• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

Emily Chu

Banned
Fuck yeaaaaaaaah boi

DAJEc.jpg

Lol wut now ? Also would the 7inch tab screen protector be too small ?

BFIB

I say keep it in house.

Congrats Emily, you have no idea how much jealously is running through my first world veins. :)

BFIB

Got a feeling Google scrambled since Gamestop released theirs and other outlets are stating Sunday for release.

Anyone noticing the image retention issues that were noticeable on the Google I/O units? Still really curious about this as I haven't gone to pick up my Nexus 7 yet.

kehs

Banned
I'm taking solace in the fact that I'm getting 16 gigs for the price of an 8 gig, even if it takes an extra week.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
While my indignation isn't as palpable as some (whatever, I can wait), this launch does demonstrate how Google can be as inept as they are brilliant. I'm still not happy about paying some pretty egregious tax and shipping (via Play Store) when it wasn't necessary.

Futureman

It's obvious that Google has given up on "not being evil", but they could go for a little goodwill by giving the folks who pre-ordered the Nexus 7, and got it AFTER folks walking into random stores, a little something extra. Make it an extra $50 on the Play store, or a discount on some other Google service.

Yup, they I think they should give something extra, and apologize for having the worst online store ever. If they want to compete with Apple, they're really gonna have to work on customer service. I DO NOT want a phone number that doesn't work, or a random Python script when I have stuff to complain about. I went a well trained human, who listens, and has instructions from management to do whatever it takes to make me happy.

damn man. This is their first big product launch EVER.

Maybe call them incompetent/unorganized for now, but how is what they are doing evil? haha

Maybe call them incompetent/unorganized for now, but how is what they are doing evil? haha

The boxes have ASUS tape on them.. makes me think they are being shipped to retailers from Asus, not google.

Plus, we have no idea just how many orders google received for the nexus 7..

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well if you combine the fiasco that was the galaxy nexus launch, and the fiasco that was the asus transformer prime launch....

...This really shouldn't have surprised you.

derder

I'll bet this had everything to do with the search bar and 4.1.1 release coupled with the fact that Asus is in charge of shipment.

Salaadin

855-836-3987 and dial 1

Automated messages says that the first wave of preorders are shipping today with the rest of the preorders expected to ship within 3 business days.

rozay

Banned

This is actually google's 4th product launch (arguably their biggest since you can buy this from more stores than just them and best buy) but it doesn't seem they've learned anything in how to do well at retail.

I think first wave is everyone who ordered before July 1st. Second Wave is probably a week or so later, 3rd wave is probably early/mid august. Would suck if someone had to wait until then.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
This has been a travesty retail wise. I preordered this past monday at Gamestop when I went to get NCAA Football 13. Four days later and I have my two. Shit is madness.

Also some people have had pre-authorization to charge their card for a week now, and no ship from google.

After this they might as well just stop running a store or something :p They clearly don't know how.

reKon

Banned
so if I really wanted I could go to gamestop right now and pick up one of these before some of you that preordered??

Salaadin

so if I really wanted I could go to gamestop right now and pick up one of these before some of you that preordered??

Not necessarily. Gamestops took preorders too and some of them only received enough to fulfill those. Call first if thats what you are planning on doing.

BFIB

Just tried my local Gamestops with no luck. They only got what was reserved for the first wave.

Meanwhile, nothing from Google. No charge, no email. Think I learned my lesson.

I didn't really want one but figured I'd check... neither of the two Gamestops next to my work have them. One was "taking pre-orders for the third shipment." ..

SRG01

I'm actually surprised that EB Games in Canada isn't carrying the Nexus 7. The rep was like "what's the Nexus 7?" when I asked the other day.

Top Bottom