• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

Emily Chu

Banned
One major gripe

How am I supposed to hold this thing ?

The bezel in portrait mode is too damn small for my thumbs :(
The whole damn thing feels better to hold in landscape mode to me

And there's no auto rotate for anything in the menus ? The fuck ?

Some apps go to landscape like netflix

Hoping a case might remedy that prolly the official Asus case with the magnets
Oh and here's only 13.2 gb of space on the 16gb on : P
Mother fucker!!!
Some apps don't work like ics browser + I miss dem quick controls already

Oh and flash can be side loaded phew on 4.1.1 job

Works with most browsers but chrome which is still dumb imo

tfur

If you guys are pissed at Google, someone over on Reddit started a petition to have Google refund shipping costs.

But today is the 13th... and by all calculations and observations it is indeed ~ "middle of July"...

DarkFlow

Banned
Well I give up for the day. Went to 3 gamestops, best buy, office depot, and staples and nothing. Google really fucked this up.

One major gripe

Mother fucker!!!

Pics? :D

Took my iPad 1 to GameStop, got $257(!) for it, am using that credit to get a 16GB N7. ^_^
iLarnhxHiNnkS.gif

dwebo

Yep, I got the same email. That means it's shipping out on the 16th and will arrive 1-3 days later right? I'll probably have to print that release form since I won't be home to sign for it. Wonder if I can change the address to my work one...

I'm hoping it means 16th expected home delivery, but who knows. I suppose it might even come tomorrow if they ship today and you're close to their distribution center

Otheradam

That fact that those of us who preordered through the play store are getting it the same day or later than anyone who can just walk into a store is annoying. Could have saved almost 15 on their outrageous shipping.

I'm hoping it means 16th expected home delivery, but who knows. I suppose it might even come tomorrow if they ship today and you're close to their distribution center

Bah... Ive got Monday the 16th off. If it came tomorrow, that would drive me nuts cause they won't be able to redeliver til Monday anyway :/ There's nothing worse than coming home and seeing that delivery notice posted on your door :/

Dunlop

That fact that those of us who preordered through the play store are getting it the same day or later than anyone who can just walk into a store is annoying. Could have saved almost 15 on their outrageous shipping.

pretty sure this is why Google wanted the stores to hold off, I imagine some logistic issue with them getting the stock to their warehouses from Asus.

They never announced a firm date, stores sold them prematrely. What were they supposed to do?

A PR statement would be bad because it would bring a lot of attention to something that only a few people notice

Dunlop

I would not be surprised if stuff like this is why the release is so vague. I wonder how many retailers Apple is trying to strong arm.

Apple sent takedown letters to retailers selling Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Tab 10.1
http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/13/3157505/apple-retailer-galaxy-nexus-tab-10-1-takedown-order

Now this is the definition of an Evil Corporation. I imagine the higher ups all have top hats with curly moustaches and only eating meals of almost extinct animals

Emily Chu

Banned
call me crazy but I kinda want to use this thing as my main phone. Mmummhahahahaha

If the portrait and landscape portrait bezel s were smaller I predict a Samsung galaxy note 3 @ 7"

If it had 4G and a front facing camera and all the fixings

Yeah I don't care if my phone has a 7" screen

Bring it Samsung or Asus

DarkFlow

Banned
Trust me, not many are just walking in and picking one up. I went to 6 stores today and nodda.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Now this is the definition of an Evil Corporation. I imagine the higher ups all have top hats with curly moustaches and only eating meals of almost extinct animals

Jobs was a vegetarian-vegan for most of his life and oscillated from no beard to beard, but never wore much of a mustache. Looks like all ten of their top executives are clean-shaven men. Checking board of directors. 1 woman, 9 men. Of the 9 men, 8 are clean shaven, the remaining one wears a well kept goatee, but no real mustache. Al Gore wore a full beard for a few years but not anymore. Gore is not a vegetarian. Scott Forstall picked a vegan restaurant when he was demoing Siri in that first conference, so I'd guess he's probably a vegetarian at least. Can't find a record on how many of the rest of them are vegetarian.

Just in case we were interested in doing an in-depth investigation.

Cartman86

Banned
One major gripe

The whole damn thing feels better to hold in landscape mode to me

And there's no auto rotate for anything in the menus ? The fuck ?

Some apps go to landscape like netflix

Mother fucker!!!

Download Ultimate Rotation control or a custom launcher that supports rotation on the home screen?

DarkFlow

Banned
Trust me, not many are just walking in and picking one up. I went to 6 stores today and nodda.
Just a heads up. Same club has them and I'd selling. Call your local one and ask for item 793929. You need a membership but you can refund it if you don't want it after.

I have a small request. Can anyone load up a comic book and post a picture or two? I want to see if a full page is legible without having to zoom in all the time.

kehs

Banned
I don't want to torture people but someone asked for pictures/impressions so I thought I'd share.

http://www.cason.co.uk/Nexus7/P1010234.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cason.co.uk/Nexus7/P1010236.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cason.co.uk/Nexus7/P1010238.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cason.co.uk/Nexus7/P1010240.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LLShC.gif

BFIB

Just called our local Sams Club with that #. Said they have none, and they don't have the order coming in until Wednesday. St. Louis sucks when it comes to having items on hand!

Top Bottom