• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Blurex Nexus 7 case with stand - $6.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D2Q8RG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

41seMMbdPHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Wow! Thanks, just bought two.

kehs

Banned
"We're now shipping Nexus 7 pre-orders. The first wave of orders are going out today and all pre-orders are scheduled to ship within the next 3 business days. Once your order has shipped you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. Though our agents are unable to provide a specific delivery date for individual pre-orders, please rest assured that our shipping team is working to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible."

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...-should-ship-within-the-next-3-business-days/

Wow, that swivel case looks damn nice. I'm kind of wary of the swivel mechanism failing though. Still, I'm pleasantly surprised by all the cheap and good looking cases. After years of seeing shitty, injection molded plastic phone cases being sold for $20-30, I'm rather taken aback by what I'm seeing

Dreaver

This has probably been asked before but I don't have time to read 25 pages but I have a question:
My mother wants a Nexus 7 and my grandmother is at family in Canada (Calgary) at the moment. We figured it might be a good idea that my grandmother could take a Nexus 7 with her (it's like $100 cheaper compared to Europe, let alone that it is not even released here yet).

So my question is, is the Nexus 7 for sale in stores yet (Best Buy?)? Or online only, do you have to pre-order it?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This has probably been asked before but I don't have time to read 25 pages but I have a question:
My mother wants a Nexus 7 and my grandmother is at family in Canada (Calgary) at the moment. We figured it might be a good idea that my grandmother could take a Nexus 7 with her (it's like $100 cheaper compared to Europe, let alone that it is not even released here yet).

So my question is, is the Nexus 7 for sale in stores yet (Best Buy?)? Or online only, do you have to pre-order it?

Apparently if you preorder it at Memory Express online, you can pick it up in stores today. Not 100% sure, but people have been able to do that. Probably should call first.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yep same here in LA/OC area for me. Gamestop said if I pre ordered it now I would get on "in a few days since they are already released" and they are only getting shipments from pre orders. Should I?
Might as well, I'm going to so I don't have to run around. Would guess GameStop would be the one on top of shit? o_O

Defyler

Got ridiculously lucky. Came off of work early and called my local Gamestop. The employee had pre-ordered one himself but didn't have the money to pick it up today and offered to sell me the single one on hold in the rear of the store (his). I didn't pre-order (though I nearly did from the play store) and I walked out an hour ago with a 16 Gb. :) Device is incredibly speedy upon initial impression.

Will update with more later!

BFIB

My CC was just charged for my 16GB model. So my guess is they aren't shipping until Monday.

Might try my local Sams Club after work.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
all those cases look bulky as hell

Considering how tiny the N7 is it's not going to be a problem for me, personally. And I was looking for a case that was also a stand.

It's cheap enough ($4?) that even if it's a piece of junk and I hate it, I'll just chuck it and order something better when the accessory library for the N7 is more built out.

DagsJT

No love for the UK still. So they decide to ship first thing on Friday for the US ... but sit there doing nothing all day for the UK.

Cheers Google.

DarkFlow

Banned
Well today was a waste. Non of the gamestops have any other then a small pre order. Why did Google think it was a good idea to only let GameStop sell them today???

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Still haven't been charged. >_<

It's going to get here on like Thursday long after I go back to spend time with the folks.

SuperPac

No love for the UK still. So they decide to ship first thing on Friday for the US ... but sit there doing nothing all day for the UK.

Cheers Google.

I haven't seen any report of anyone in the US who ordered from the Play store that has a shipping confirmation. So doesn't seem like they shipped "first thing" Friday for anyone.

Cipherr

Still haven't been charged. >_<

It's going to get here on like Thursday long after I go back to spend time with the folks.

I don't know that the charge is necessarily going to show before it even arrives man. I just got my UPS delivery of my Galaxy Nexus less than 3 minutes ago. No charge on my card, in fact, the initial 'test' charge they put on my account has already timed out and released the funds back into our account.

The actual pull of the funds hasn't happened, the e-mail I'm supposed to get saying its shipped hasn't happened and the goddamn phone is here. I don't know what in the hell they are doing but it is clear that things aren't happening in the order they claim it does with their Play Store purchases. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to some folks and their tablets.

Edit: Just checked Google Wallet to see if it updated there, nope it still just says "Google has received your order."

Call your local Gamestop. I called mine and they are a go to sell... I wasnt planning on getting one this early, but its an impulse buy!! I hate/love being such a techno geek!

Edit: You have to be really lucky, though. My local Gamestop just have one and its for a pre-order. :( And the rest of the stores around received a laughable stock as well (1-2 per store and only for pre-orders only).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know that the charge is necessarily going to show before it even arrives man. I just got my UPS delivery of my Galaxy Nexus less than 3 minutes ago. No charge on my card, in fact, the initial 'test' charge they put on my account has already timed out and released the funds back into our account.

The actual pull of the funds hasn't happened, the e-mail I'm supposed to get saying its shipped hasn't happened and the goddamn phone is here. I don't know what in the hell they are doing but it is clear that things aren't happening in the order they claim it does with their Play Store purchases. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to some folks and their tablets.

Edit: Just checked Google Wallet to see if it updated there, nope it still just says "Google has received your order."

Thank you for giving me hope. :)

BFIB

All of the Gamestops around me had just enough to cover pre orders.

If you didn't pre-order you might be out of luck. But if you did pre-order, congrats! And post some impressions once you get it!

dwebo

looks like staples is sending out new emails with new order/tracking numbers

says processing now with a delivery date of the 16th for me

Mairu

I checked with a couple of gamestops and they both told me the same thing (bay area.) They only got a few in for people who already preordered and they are taking new preorders starting tomorrow along with a new promotion that gives 50% extra trade in credit for existing tablets/"idevices" towards a nexus 7

Futureman

sucks that some aren't getting it fast, but you gottta admit this is great for Android that the Nexus 7 seems to be selling like hot cakes. HOT RECTANGULAR 7" CAKES.

looks like staples is sending out new emails with new order/tracking numbers

says processing now with a delivery date of the 16th for me

Yep, I got the same email. That means it's shipping out on the 16th and will arrive 1-3 days later right? I'll probably have to print that release form since I won't be home to sign for it. Wonder if I can change the address to my work one...

e_i

If you guys are pissed at Google, someone over on Reddit started a petition to have Google refund shipping costs.

Top Bottom