• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

Roko

Just picked up the last one at one of my local Office Depots. The manager brought it out to me and told me that it had been opened because they were showing it someone so I was a little miffed at that but at least they hadn't removed the plastic wrap around it.

I've been wanting to try out Android and I thought it's a great way to do so...no contract, good price, and stock Android.

1, 2, 3.

We're currently in 2.

For me, its the fact that some people who didnt preorder them or preordered somewhere else, already have them. I could have saved some money by preordering it at GS but I thought that everyone who preordered of the Play store would get theirs first or AT LEAST the same day.

I wish some decent cases would come out

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well fuck me... I just checked Bestbuy.ca and the release date has been quoted as being "07/19/2012"

Where do you live in Canada? I just stopped by an NCIX store for some sata cables, and they had a few nexuses there for sale already.

Hieberrr

Where do you live in Canada? I just stopped by an NCIX store for some sata cables, and they had a few nexuses there for sale already.

West end of Toronto (Bloor/Dufferin area). I ordered the 8GB through the Play Store (since I only want 8GB) and I am still waiting for some type of activity (no card charged, no notification email, no status changes).

Divvy

West end of Toronto (Bloor/Dufferin area). I ordered the 8GB through the Play Store (since I only want 8GB) and I am still waiting for some type of activity (no card charged, no notification email, no status changes).

Ah, all the retailers have is the 16gb one, so I hope Google starts shipping those 8gb ones out soon.

Emily Chu

Banned
I love you cart man. What's the bet browser if in want to watch flash stuff?

I'm using a throwback browser I used to use during my froyo days

XScope

Has a nice full screen mode, beside the Nav bar and flash 11.1 support on android 4.1.1

If I ave something that doesn't work besides flash I just switch it up t the chrome browser

And where the hell is my android web browser ?!!!

I miss ICS plus browser with quick controls

Cartman86

Banned
I love you cart man. What's the bet browser if in want to watch flash stuff?

I'm using a Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean so I don't know how that translates to a Nexus 7. Firefox seems to be the only one that works. Dolphin I think is a better browser so I would try and see if that works first.

How is Chrome overall? For me Chrome has never worked well. It's slow to load pages, unresponsive at times, and the scrolling is kind of bleh. The standard Android browser is blazing fast and Dolphin is even faster. Though with a tablet I really want my Google account sync stuff.

Cartman86

Banned
how far is sideloading flash?

Huh? That voice dictation is getting worse every post lol. Did you ask how hard is sideloading flash? If so it's very easy. Go to Settings>Security and check "Unknown Sources". Now just download the apk and copy it over (through dropbox, email, or by connecting your device to your PC/Mac). I believe you could download it through the tablet browser and install it that way as well. Use a file explorer to navigate to the folder you put the apk in and select it to install.

Izick

Huh? That voice dictation is getting worse every post lol. Did you ask how hard is sideloading flash? If so it's very easy. Go to Settings>Security and check "Unknown Sources". Now just download the apk and copy it over (through dropbox, email, or by connecting your device to your PC/Mac). I believe you could download it through the tablet browser and install it that way as well. Use a file explorer to navigate to the folder you put the apk in and select it to install.
thank you but its doing quite fine, and illustrated by this posted I'm making right now.

Divvy

This is a pretty quality product. All the praise about the back is spot on. It feels really nice in the hand and is just the right weight for me.

Where you purchased from: PlayStore
The country you're in: USA, Raleigh
When you ordered: 7/10
Label created: 7/13
When you received shipping confirmation: 7/14

Looks like everyone is potentially in the first shipment.

So only place to get these in US is from play store right? I remember someone saying something J&R's but they don't have them in the one in lower manhattan unless he is referring to a different store.

Izick

So only place to get these in US is from play store right? I remember someone saying something J&R's but they don't have them in the one in lower manhattan unless he is referring to a different store.
in the usa? If if that is what you meant then no, there are a bunch of places like gamestop for staples for example.

kehs

Banned

JR is apparently giving preference to pre orders/online orders before they start selling in-store.

(hopefully =( )

timkunedo

Where you purchased from: PlayStore
The country you're in: USA, Raleigh
When you ordered: 7/10
Label created: 7/13
When you received shipping confirmation: 7/14

Looks like everyone is potentially in the first shipment.

My shipping label was created on the 9th :/. got shipping confirmation yesterday, but it's still not in the UPS system. Hope i get it Monday.

Emily Chu

Banned
LLShC.gif

wait did you get yours yet ?

I figured Gamestop would be the last place that actually recieves it thats why I went with it because I know good roms take time to develop

like mid September : /

kehs

Banned
wait did you get yours yet ?

I figured Gamestop would be the last place that actually recieves it thats why I went with it because I know good roms take time to develop

like mid September : /

Nah, I probably won't have mine till the end of the week, orders from J&R, and apparently missed the first shipment (50 orders lol =( ).

You know what the most insulting part about about this terrible google pre-ordering ordeal. It's the 20 dollar shipping cost. Might as well just piss on me.

Izick

So I'm on my laptop right now, and holy shit is it weird. Everything is so big, and I'm not sure if that's good. Sites don't look as nice.

fucking google man. As an act of good faith they should shut down their online store because they simply aren't ready for such a thing. It's the only moral solution.

Yeah there shipping is kind of ridiculous BUT look at what they offer. A top of the line phone for $350 or tablet for $200. Great deals regardless.

Yeah there shipping is kind of ridiculous BUT look at what they offer. A top of the line phone for $350 or tablet for $200. Great deals regardless.
just sell it through 3rd parties is what I'm saying, don't attempt to do what you're clearly incompetent at doing.

What's that seinfeld episode where Jerry goes to pick up his reserved car. Ah here is the quote:

Agent: I know why we have reservations.
Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation and that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

replace the word reservations with pre-orders and the word car with tablet and you have google.

Top Bottom