• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

MechDX

I don't think my Browns brothers would be happy if I joined the Flacco party

HE will forgive you.

flaccow.gif

So I'm on the Niners playoff bus now.

Please make sure my seat is nowhere near FMT. Don't want to deal with the scat collection he carries around.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

You have redeemed yourself unlike Schoob and Kubes, though I might run with this sexy avatar till I crack at least one Ravens fan here.

Thanks again! I'll be using it very soon.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I made myself sick... can't do it. Had to change.

I squicken avatars.

This scout is going hard on Jennings:

"Greg can't compete with Vincent right now (Jackson got 55.5m/5yr). I'd say the market is going to be much smaller than that."

"I’d liken him to the Anquan Boldin type, that end of the spectrum. He knows how to run routes. He’s going to get open...

"He has been surpassed in their offense by James and Jordy in terms of being explosive, dynamic, down the field...That’s not Greg".

DMczaf

IF SAN FRANCISCO WINS NEXT WEEK:
Ronde Barber goes to the Pro Bowl as Backup instead of Donte Whitner/ Dashon Goldson
Doug Martin goes to the Pro Bowl as Backup instead of Frank Gore
Gerald Mccoy would become a starter replacing Justin Smith

IF ATLANTA WINS NEXT WEEK:
Vincent Jackson goes to the Pro Bowl as Backup instead of Julio Jones

Loser Bowl is our's!

"Greg can't compete with Vincent right now (Jackson got 55.5m/5yr). I'd say the market is going to be much smaller than that."

"I’d liken him to the Anquan Boldin type, that end of the spectrum. He knows how to run routes. He’s going to get open...

"He has been surpassed in their offense by James and Jordy in terms of being explosive, dynamic, down the field...That’s not Greg".
So you're saying there's a chance he's cheap enough to re-sign?

my body is ready

brentech

On Capers and Packers going forward

"As the week goes on, McCarthy is going to have to decide whether Capers has lost his touch and no longer has the ability to keep up with the NFL's increasingly diverse offensive attacks or is a victim of Thompson's draft-only philosophy and neglect in acquiring the bruising linebackers and safeties it takes to compete with the physical offenses of NFC contenders San Francisco and the New York Giants."

Definitely capers inability to adjust. We could use bigger backers, but yea, if players aren't really in the right spots, that doesn't matter.

Whatever happens, I want to stick with 3-4, I just find it more enjoyable to watch when it's played right.

Tamanon

Banned

I'm not sure how "liken him to Anquan Boldin" is considered bad.

Capers has been pretty shit since he got there.

Remember in Arizona when he fucking fell asleep?

The 2010 defense wasn't exactly a world-beater.
People love to look at it through rose colored glasses though.

On Capers and Packers going forward

"As the week goes on, McCarthy is going to have to decide whether Capers has lost his touch and no longer has the ability to keep up with the NFL's increasingly diverse offensive attacks or is a victim of Thompson's draft-only philosophy and neglect in acquiring the bruising linebackers and safeties it takes to compete with the physical offenses of NFC contenders San Francisco and the New York Giants."

Definitely capers inability to adjust. We could use bigger backers, but yea, if players aren't really in the right spots, that doesn't matter.

Whatever happens, I want to stick with 3-4, I just find it more enjoyable to watch when it's played right.
Well, it's both (injuries had a role to play. Bishop, Perry)... but the awful performance against the Niners was unquestionably on Capers. You have to be able to defend an off-tackle QB run. This isn't rocket science.

Doomsayer

Capers has been pretty shit since he got there.

Remember in Arizona when he fucking fell asleep?

The 2010 defense wasn't exactly a world-beater.
People love to look at it through rose colored glasses though.

They were great at creating turnovers in 2010.

It was based off of pressure though, loosing Jenkins hurt. Not to mention Tramons vagina started showing as well.

RBH

Atmosphere was just electric at the Georgia Dome today. It had been too damn long since our last home playoff win.

Wish I could go to next week's game too.

Damn med school....

It was based off of pressure though, loosing Jenkins hurt. Not to mention Tramons vagina started showing as well.
Nick Collins was fucking amazing and allowed Woodson and Tramon to gamble = turnovers.

Well, it's both (injuries had a role to play. Bishop, Perry)... but the awful performance against the Niners was unquestionably on Capers. You have to be able to defend an off-tackle QB run. This isn't rocket science.
Nick Perry is a scrub.

He can bullrush and get to the QB late. That's about it though.

Too slow to be a proper OLB and as you saw against SF, you need more than one of those.

They were legit great down the stretch. But there were a few things going on:

0) Nick Collins was a really good safety.
1) Jenkins, Raji, Matthews were all playing great.
2) Woodson could still cover WRs.
3) Tramon was a legit #1 corner.

Raji has never been able to sustain the kind of effort he put in at the end of 2010 (he was ok this year, tbh. Way better than last year. Though he still gets pushed around). Jenkins obviously went to Philly. Clay is good, but undersized. Woodson has gotten old. Tramon had his balls removed.

Bucket: Perry has played a handful of games. Hard to say how he'll develop, and hard to say how he would've developed over the course of the year. But the conversation was about size, and he's not undersized.

eznark

Banned
They were legit great down the stretch. But there were a few things going on:

1) Jenkins, Raji, Matthews were all playing great.
2) Woodson could still cover WRs.
3) Tramon was a legit #1 corner.

Raji has never been able to sustain the kind of effort he put in at the end of 2010 (he was ok this year, tbh. Way better than last year. Though he still gets pushed around). Jenkins obviously went to Philly. Clay is good, but undersized. Woodson has gotten old. Tramon had his balls removed.

Nick Collins

squicken

Looper is disappointing. I don't even care about the weird premise. It's just it's not a cool enough universe and the characters are meh. Nothing hooks me. Dredd better be good

brentech

Nick Collins was fucking amazing and allowed Woodson and Tramon to gamble = turnovers.

Nick Perry is a scrub.

He can bullrush and get to the QB late. That's about it though.

Too slow to be a proper OLB and as you saw against SF, you need more than one of those.
Not going to call a rookie a scrub at this point. It's not like our line play is our strong suit to give our outsiders any aid

We have hope in going forward with him, unlike Brad Jones who has shown he's not a high caliber backup on the out or inside.

Doomsayer

Looper is disappointing. I don't even care about the weird premise. It's just it's not a cool enough universe and the characters are meh. Nothing hooks me. Dredd better be good

I dug the ending of Looper, which is kind of odd considering I normally hate endings.

Still haven't seen Dredd.

Top Bottom