• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

I was going to put my thoughts on the 49er-Packer game in the other thread, but since that has passed here we go.

Kaep started off shaky, that pick 6 was a disaster and I thought we were going to be in for a long game when that happened. The next drive he responded with a touchdown though. I think that is 4 times that he's turned the ball over hes responding with a touchdown, pretty amazing. Offense was spectacular; the rushing attack was diverse and effective. Half of that had to do with Capers being senile, though.

Crabtree has just been fantastic these past few weeks. He has really emerged as the go to guy on offense, for all the flack VD is getting for not being involved in the offense, I don't think its all on him. He gets open a lot but doesn't get a lot of balls thrown his way. Moss made a few big plays as well. Oh and Delanie Walker needs to find his hands, I think I read on PFF that he has dropped 30% of catchable balls thrown his way, terrible.

Defense was pretty good, gave up 24 points but really only 17 because that last TD was garbage time and shouldn't have even happened...bullshit PI on Tarrell Brown. Didn't get a lot of pressure on Rodgers but made him uncomfortable throughout the game. Atlantas O-line is pretty good so I hope Justin Smith can be a bit more effective. Corner play sucked, Rogers and Culliver had pretty terrible games.

Felt good to be on the receiving end of a special teams fuck up as well.

On to Atlanta!

Agree on all. Crabtree has really taken off with Kaep. He's no longer strictly a possession receiver now that he the QB is an actual threat.

Still so happy they benched Alex. I know FMT was hyping up Alex tons during the offseason, but i was steadfast in my belief he couldn't win 3 playoff games in a row.

Hopefully they can get through atlanta, now. A lot of people are jumping behind the niners in that one and that worries me. Conventional wisdom, ugh.

GG Packers GAF btw. I know I've hardly posted here this season compared to last, but I'm always worried when Rodgers is the opposing QB. But their LBs after Matthews are really bad right now and it needs to be addressed.

Great weekend of football games. Still can't believe how scared John Fox called the end of that game and how horrible the safety played that TD play.

Pezking

zaYoU.jpg

At last we will have revenge.

I didn't know R. Lewis was the Ravens QB, OP... :(

Count me in the Harbowl fanclub. I'll be rooting for 9ners and of course the Ravens. Either way, as long as the Ravens make it, I'll be happy.

I'll take pleasure in knowing that most of GAF will be forced to cheer for Flacco, atleast for one week, and get to enjoy the pleasure of watching a truely elite QB.

Milchjon

Ayanbadejo sounds like a douche.

Edit: Welker got blasted again last night. I don't even wanna know what he looks like in 10 years. Few people in the league are tougher than him...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

verbum

The Falcons looked like the ghost of future Falcons in the first half. They looked like the ghost of Falcons past in the second half.

I wonder which ghost will show up next week.

Casper or the Headless Horseman?

I'm betting on the latter.

Lets make it a 60 minute shutout.

The Falcons looked like the ghost of future Falcons in the first half. They looked like the ghost of Falcons past in the second half.

I wonder which ghost will show up next week.

Casper or the Headless Horseman?

I'm betting on the latter.

Lets make it a 60 minute shutout.

Too bad you guys didn't get to play Joe Webb as practice :(.

Ayanbadejo sounds like a douche.

Edit: Welker got blasted again last night. I don't even wanna know what he looks like in 10 years. Few people in the league are tougher than him...

I'm amazed he doesn't have a concussion after some of the hits he took last night.

Blearth

Banned
NFC championship game is bringing out all the lifelongs.

I hate the Niners, but I really hate seeing all the fresh Niner gear out and about. If you're a fan, be a fan, and stay a fan. Bandwagoning is abomination onto sports fandom. Glory should not be shared with those who weren't there during the AJ Feely days.

I was at the gym earlier and someone tried to give me shit for wearing Ravens gear, assuming I was bandwagon trash.

MOTHERFUCKER, YOU THINK THEY SELL RAVENS GEAR IN CALIFORNIA??? HOW THE FUCK WOULD I HAVE GOTTEN A SAM KOCH SHIRT IN ONE DAY?

Meh, I was a huge Niner fan as a kid. Bought an Alex Smith jersey before he ever took an NFL snap (still own it, too.) Football just got boring to me as I got older.

This just gives me something to root for until baseball season starts again.

Well now that I'm sober and its a new day, I can honestly say I'm still pissed about last nights game. The vast difference in coaching was so apparent. Lets get rid of Kubiak and bring in Coach Cowher!

Milchjon

Minus some of the outcomes that was a pretty fantastic weekend of football. I can't believe the season is almost over though, it makes me sad.

I feel sorry for you. Having to root for the Ravens is a fate I don't wish on anyone.

You're always welcome on our side. We have cookies

Meh, I was a huge Niner fan as a kid. Bought an Alex Smith jersey before he ever took an NFL snap (still own it, too.) Football just got boring to me as I got older.

I would agree with 9ner football. I use to be a fan as a kid, but once Baltimore got their own team, 9ners became boring to me.

Whaaaaaa?

I keed.

Feel better now after venting to my coworker who's a Ravens fan. I think I'm ready for the Harbowl I to happen.

I feel sorry for you. Having to root for the Ravens is a fate I don't wish on anyone.

You're always welcome on our side. We have cookies
Never! The glorious Ray Lewis will deliver us from the incarnation of evil that is the Patriots, and there will be much rejoicing!

Strictly out of curiosity, what kind of cookies are we talkin' about here?

Miguel

Posey out for next season really sucks. Back to square one with WR2 development. Martin has hands like feet like Jacoby did, and well, Walter is still a FB that lines up on the LOS.

jmdajr

Posey out for next season really sucks. Back to square one with WR2 development. Martin has hands like feet like Jacoby did, and well, Walter is still a FB that lines up on the LOS.

Yeah terrible injury.

Damn we epically screwed ourselves not having the bye week. We beat every other AFC playoff team except the Pats.
We really needed the 12th man....Reliant Turf!

eznark

Banned
Deep down inside I know this is how you feel but I still hate how it becomes so much more obvious once the Packers are out of it.

It's not like I don't care about football, pretty obvious I do (I wore Zubaz for months!), I just care about baseball so much more. If I were a rational actor it would be reversed, since the Brewers are perennially hopeless and I'd rage less but nope.

If anyone is disappointed by my lack of saltiness, just hop into the baseball thread around the All Star Break or once Axford blows his first save.

Miguel

It's not like I don't care about football, pretty obvious I do (I wore Zubaz for months!), I just care about baseball so much more. If I were a rational actor it would be reversed, since the Brewers are perennially hopeless and I'd rage less but nope.

If anyone is disappointed by my lack of saltiness, just hop into the baseball thread around the All Star Break or once Axford blows his first save.

And now you don't have 11 easy wins penciled in every season. Sucks to be you guys. #ALW

I think my heart has finally stabilized from yesterday's game. Holy shit, what a game!

I'd like to say good game to all the decent Seahawks fans (not Kiryu, may you continue to go fuck yourself).

I still can't believe that I finally get to attend my first NFC Championship game on Sunday. This is going to be a long week.

P.S. This can't be stressed enough.
FUCK YOU KIRYU!!!!!!!!

jakncoke

Banned
We'll always have the Pirates!

mccutchen.gif

I fucking hate hate you and Jerry Meals. I hope both your wifes cheat on the aidiest person on the planet then hook for a aidiest lesbo session then has sex with herpiest planet and the hook up and then you get both super herpes and aids.

I fucking hate hate you and Jerry Meals. I hope both your wifes cheat on the aidiest person on the planet then hook for a aidiest lesbo session then has sex with herpiest planet and the hook up and then you get both super herpes and aids.

This has to be by far the worst attempt at an insult I've ever seen :jnc

eznark

Banned

Good morning to you too, friend!

Top Bottom