• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Milchjon

Fuck Youuu you gotdam Hitler praising sons of bitches.

tumblr_m52m31sp5G1r5jtugo1_500.gif

There, there, jak

Miguel

To the fans and everybody in TexansGAF, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for a Super Bowl. That was my goal, something Houston has never done here. I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any GAFer in the entire country post as hard as I will post the rest of the year. You will never see someone push the rest of TexansGAF as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the year. You will never see TexansGAF play harder than we will the rest of the year.

Tebow Bless.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
To the fans and everybody in TexansGAF, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for a Super Bowl. That was my goal, something Houston has never done here. I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any GAFer in the entire country post as hard as I will post the rest of the year. You will never see someone push the rest of TexansGAF as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the year. You will never see TexansGAF play harder than we will the rest of the year.

Tebow Bless.

Noodle post.

Talon

It'll be interested to see how Atlanta plays the next game.

The reason Miller and Rice got so many chunk plays on crossing routes was that Atlanta was so focused on keeping the Read Option corralled that they sat in zone watching the backfield all game long.

We did a good job of maintaining gap integrity, as Marshawn Lynch's game showed, and, frankly, you're okay giving up 10 yard runs to the QB every now and then as long as you prevent the 50 yard bomb. Now the problem is we weren't able to get the quarterback even when he was corralled after Abe went down in the first quarter. That's obviously the biggest injury to watch for Sunday's game.
I fucking hate hate you and Jerry Meals. I hope both your wifes cheat on the aidiest person on the planet then hook for a aidiest lesbo session then has sex with herpiest planet and the hook up and then you get both super herpes and aids.
Cups.gif.opt_medium.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hey Texans-Gaf....

schauloub.gif

texanslogocry.jpg

eznark

Banned
It'll be interested to see how Atlanta plays the next game.

The reason Miller and Rice got so many chunk plays on crossing routes was that Atlanta was so focused on keeping the Read Option corralled that they sat in zone watching the backfield all game long.

The Falcons are much better suited to stopping those explosive plays. They are a more disciplined defense, have a lot more size, and should be able to at least limit the huge gains from the QB position. The other thing they have going for them is a secondary that is capable of making a tackle.

Talon

The Falcons are much better suited to stopping those explosive plays. They are a more disciplined defense, have a lot more size, and should be able to at least limit the huge gains from the QB position. The other thing they have going for them is a secondary that is capable of making a tackle.
On second downs, we're prone to play with a heavy look with an all defensive tackles on the line. This has helped our run defense a ton - we started using it after the bye. On the downside, if the QB pulls the ball up, he has about 15 years to decide what to do.

My emotions in the span of 3 minutes.
I hate everything
Jesus Jesus Jesus

I hate football.
Holy Jesus my heart is racing.
Oh my God. I have a headache from clenching my jaw so hard for the last 20 minutes.

eznark

Banned
On second downs, we're prone to play with a heavy look with an all defensive tackles on the line. This has helped our run defense a ton - we started using it after the bye. On the downside, if the QB pulls the ball up, he has about 15 years to decide what to do.

My emotions in the span of 3 minutes.

Oh I think you guys are straight fucked to be clear.

jmdajr

Home

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, St. Louis, Seattle,
New England

Away

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Arizona,
San Francisco, Baltimore

Yay, more NE next season.

Home

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, St. Louis, Seattle,
New England

Away

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Arizona,
San Francisco, Baltimore

Yay, more NE next season.
I guess the Miami streak will have to wait until playoff time to be broken. See you in the AFCC!

Matrix

I think it's time the Texans bring back cousin David. They have a line to protect him and HB now.

ITS TIME TO BRING SEXYBACK

David+Carr.jpg

Dude throws harder than Schoob, can actually run and takes a sack like a man.

img7845369.jpg

Look at him fly! That shit was a GW td too. We all saw Schoob and what happened when he tried I guess what his version was of a QB draw/sneak yesterday on a free play in the red zone lol

Today really stinks :(

"I'm not even mad. I feel pretty good about the Texans next year. "

That's the oddest form of depression I have ever seen. Denial is a powerful drug.

In a selfish sort of way I'm kind of glad that none of the rookie QB's will be winning a SB this year. As far as I'm concerned that honor is still reserved for a dynasty with Tannehill at the helm. The Dolphins are only missing a few pieces, what could go wrong?

jmdajr

I think it's time the Texans bring back cousin David. They have a line to protect him and HB now.

ITS TIME TO BRING SEXYBACK

David+Carr.jpg

Dude throws harder that Schoob, can actually run and takes a sack like a man.

img7845369.jpg

Look at him fly! That shit was GW td too. We all saw Schoob and what happened when he tried I guess what his version was of a QB draw/sneak yesterday on a free play in the red zone lol

Today really stinks :(

"I'm not even mad. I feel pretty good about the Texans next year. "

That's the oddest form of depression I have ever seen. Denial is a powerful drug.

Remember when we had a top five offense between 2008-2010?

Too bad Carr never had a good O line. He had a good D.

Matrix

Remember when we had a top five offense between 2008-2010?

I don't want to! It just makes whats happened even sadder.

squicken

So ATL is -3.5 at home, would be -6.5 on a neutral field, and would be -9.5 at SF

Bettors essentially think that game is HOU-NE

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Houston sportstalk doesn't help things at all. They are just talking in circles. They will say it was a good season in one breath, then the next they say it was a disaster. I am disappointed but after 10 years of being a laughing stock, I will take this. I am hoping next year to advance further but to hear the hosts tell it, the Texans might as trade everyone and start over.

Particularly calling out the owner for not throwing the team under the bus after the game is stupid as hell. What do you expect him to say? Houston sportstalk needs a enema.

Matrix

Houston sportstalk doesn't help things at all. They are just talking in circles. They will say it was a good season in one breath, then the next they say it was a disaster. I am disappointed but after 10 years of being a laughing stock, I will take this. I am hoping next year to advance further but to hear the hosts tell it,the Texans might as trade everyone and start over.

Now that's just absurd. Thankfully I don't listen to sportstalk.

jmdajr

Houston sportstalk doesn't help things at all. They are just talking in circles. They will say it was a good season in one breath, then the next they say it was a disaster. I am disappointed but after 10 years of being a laughing stock, I will take this. I am hoping next year to advance further but to hear the hosts tell it, the Texans might as trade everyone and start over.

Particularly calling out the owner for not throwing the team under the bus after the game is stupid as hell. What do you expect him to say? Houston sportstalk needs a enema.

They are not starting over. We used to have a top 5 offense and they will probably try to get that going again. Seems pathetic but shit. Team gets better on one side of the ball and the wheel son the other side fucking fall off.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
They are not starting over. We used to have a top 5 offense and they will probably try to get that going again. Seems pathetic but shit. Team gets better on one side of the ball and the wheel son the other side fucking fall off.

I think rebuilding the right side of the o-line will help the offense big time. The 2nd half of the season, the injuries and subpar starters got exposed. I don't think the situation is as dire as these hosts are making it seem. The issues with the team were exposed, the off-season is where you try and fix them. That's it.

Tawpgun

ibrG6FGDDwpNFt.gif

I watched the game with a Texans fan present. Someone mentioned that the thing about being a Pats fan is, if your team doesn't make the superbowl its a disappointing season, whereas if the Texans make the playoffs it was pretty good.

Texans fan agreed.

I'm kind of glad the Falcons are going to be the underdogs at home, gives them some added incentive, not that they should need any.

jmdajr

I don't think the Bronocs could have stopped the Pats either.

Another cold game with Tom going up there.

maybe the Ravens are really the only shot to take them down.

Matrix

I think rebuilding the right side of the o-line will help the offense big time. The 2nd half of the season, the injuries and subpar starters got exposed. I don't think the situation is as dire as these hosts are making it seem. The issues with the team were exposed, the off-season is where you try and fix them. That's it.

The right side needs a fix big time, as does special teams (fire the coach already). It was amazing to see manning do what he did yesterday, along with former Texans on the others squads and realize how awful we were all season long.

Cushing will help the D again so much. Key injuries really do bite this team in the ass, but Schaub really regressed near the end of the season and the playoffs. He's not the same QB he was a few years ago and it's a little disturbing since we have no fix for that. I was also completely and utterly confused/angered by Kubes and the clock management when they were trying to comeback at the end of the game. They seriously did not give a shit about the time, it was odd as hell.

Also that Posey injury hurts big time, we need a WR besides AJ.

j-wood

Man I really can't wait for brady to retire. He's a great qb, but I'm just tired of seeing it. Hell, the entire patriots team is just so cocky. Spikes dancing to say the pats have the ball instead of being in the scrum to come up with it? Absurd. Watching the patriots takes all the excitement out of it because you know they have a 95% chance of pulling it out.

I think a division realignment is sorely needed right now as well. Patriots haven't had serious competition in their division for what, at least five years now?

eznark

Banned
Man I really can't wait for brady to retire. He's a great qb, but I'm just tired of seeing it. Hell, the entire patriots team is just so cocky. Spikes dancing to say the pats have the ball instead of being in the scrum to come up with it? Absurd. Watching the patriots takes all the excitement out of it because you know they have a 95% chance of pulling it out.

I think a division realignment is sorely needed right now as well. Patriots haven't had serious competition in their division for what, at least five years now?

2008 they missed the playoffs and in 09 and 10 they only won the division by a game.

Screw that, the rest of the teams just need to get better. Period. If the Dolphins don't completely screw up this offseason they will be in a good spot to compete for the division moving forward.

2008 they missed the playoffs and in 09 and 10 they only won the division by a game.
As much as I love to bring up the Dolphins winning the division in '08 we all know it was because Brady went down and the WILDCAT was still in its "gimmick that works" phase.

bionic77

How the fuck did a gigantic doucher like Jim Harbaugh suddenly become the best coach in the league? He is so far and above everyone else that it makes me sick. My own team's coach hasn't figured out clock management or the fact that is impossible to kick long FGs at Heinz field, but I will cut him slack as he is only in his 5th year of coaching and is far and away the best looking HC of all time. Then you have a gigantic douche like Harbaugh who is making everyone else look foolish. Fuck that asshole! He is just a backup qb. Who the fuck does he think he is?

Also fuck the Pats. My wife and kids are just getting over the flu and now I have it. I am beyond certain that this disease, and most of them, came from the diseased anus of Foxboro.

Fuck this season.

Dragon

Banned

Yes you are correct. The Patriots are the only team to ever strut after recovering a fumble.

The Patriots have serious competition every year. The Dolphins are an up and coming team with a good defense who need playmakers on offense (and they need to retain Jake Long).

The division was weak this year but it's not the AFC West.

How the fuck did a gigantic doucher like Jim Harbaugh suddenly become the best coach in the league? He is so far and above everyone else that it makes me sick. My own team's coach hasn't figured out clock management or the fact that is impossible to kick long FGs at Heinz field, but I will cut him slack as he is only in his 5th year of coaching and is far and away the best looking HC of all time. Then you have a gigantic douche like Harbaugh who is making everyone else look foolish. Fuck that asshole! He is just a backup qb. Who the fuck does he think he is?

Also fuck the Pats. My wife and kids are just getting over the flu and now I have it. I am beyond certain that this disease, and most of them, came from the diseased anus of Foxboro.

Fuck this season.

I'd say fuck the Steelers but they already fucked themselves this season.

I am beyond certain you'd blame the Crusades on Foxboro if someone would agree with you!

Fuck this season.
Can it get any worse for you than Pats/Ravens in the AFC Championship? Not to mention two years in a row...

Hope you get better soon man, the flu sucks.

bionic77

Can it get any worse for you than Pats/Ravens in the AFC Championship? Not to mention two years in a row...

Hope you get better soon man, the flu sucks.
It can always get worse.

Ray might win a SB as he retires from the league. This will of course be accompanied by a stabbing spree and will send a horrible message to kids. That it is ok to stab and murder people as long as you win the Superbowl. This shit might replace that Disneyworld commercial in another 10 years if no one stops them.

And I didn't even get to the worst possibly of all. The Pats making it to the Superbowl and playing a joke team like Atlanta.

bionic77

I'd say fuck the Steelers but they already fucked themselves this season.

I am beyond certain you'd blame the Crusades on Foxboro if someone would agree with you!
We are just rebuilding for the Tebow era. Tomlin and Ben are on the way out for Tebow and Jesus (he will be combo HC and GM).

You act like I am irrational about the Pats with that assertion about the crusades being the fault of the Patriots. You are also stupid and ugly. I made it very clear that professional football started with the Superbowl era so unless the Crusades went a lot longer then I think they did there is no way the Pats are to blame for that. Besides I didn't always hate the Pats. Their descent into evil started in 2001. Now anything bad that happened in 2001 I think is fair to blame on the Pats.

Miguel

I'm not even mad. I feel pretty good about the Texans next year.

Trying to flesh out a long post but I keep getting interrupted by work.

Bullet points

- Cushing :( / Posey ::((
- Marciano needs to go
- We're not going to be able to upgrade at QB. Yates or Keenum are really our only options if we're going to make a move at the QB position, and I don't think that's gonna happen with the extension, Kubiak's being unwilling to make a change until it's well past obvious that a change needs to happen, and McNair's same M.O.
- Determine which of the 3 phases of the game have lacked the most, and fire the guy at the helm
- Defensive backs (starting 4 anyway) were pretty stellar throughout the year when they were healthy. When we had to bring in Demps, Ball, Harris, or anyone else, it was a disaster. We need to either have a nickel corner develop into something decent, or we're screwed if things start going south healthwise again.
- Did I mention special teams sucks?
- Linebackers... we're pretty much screwed after Cush. Need to develop Braman if possible, not sure that it is. Reminds me of Jon Favreau in The Replacement "I GOT YOU THE BALL!!!"
- Make a change at ST Coordinator
- Barwin... He's probably gonna command a decent price elsewhere and we'll have to replace him. He played himself out of a massive contract, so that's at least a thing... good or bad, who knows.
- Joe M re-evaluated, then replaced.
- An upgrade at NT would be great.
- Fire Marciano

I made it very clear that professional football started with the Superbowl era so unless the Crusades went a lot longer then I think they did there is no way the Pats are to blame for that. Besides I didn't always hate the Pats. Their descent into evil started in 2001. Now anything bad that happened in 2001 I think is fair to blame on the Pats.
For all the slander that gets thrown around about you you're actually a pretty reasonable guy. I see nothing controversial or even moderately unreasonable about what you said here.

Top Bottom