• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

bionic77

Trying to flesh out a long post but I keep getting interrupted by work.

Bullet points

- Cushing :( / Posey ::((
- Marciano needs to go
- We're not going to be able to upgrade at QB. Yates or Keenum are really our only options if we're going to make a move at the QB position, and I don't think that's gonna happen with the extension, Kubiak's being unwilling to make a change until it's well past obvious that a change needs to happen, and McNair's same M.O.
- Determine which of the 3 phases of the game have lacked the most, and fire the guy at the helm
- Defensive backs (starting 4 anyway) were pretty stellar throughout the year when they were healthy. When we had to bring in Demps, Ball, Harris, or anyone else, it was a disaster. We need to either have a nickel corner develop into something decent, or we're screwed if things start going south healthwise again.
- Did I mention special teams sucks?
- Linebackers... we're pretty much screwed after Cush. Need to develop Braman if possible, not sure that it is. Reminds me of Jon Favreau in The Replacement "I GOT YOU THE BALL!!!"
- Make a change at ST Coordinator
- Barwin... He's probably gonna command a decent price elsewhere and we'll have to replace him. He played himself out of a massive contract, so that's at least a thing... good or bad, who knows.
- Joe M re-evaluated, then replaced.
- An upgrade at NT would be great.
- Fire Marciano
All the Texans need is two big dicks and pair of balls for their coach and qb, who are both lacking in that department.

bionic77

it's good to see Bionic has come around to how good Harbaugh is. Best coach in football hands down
I always said he was a good coach and douchebag.

I just didn't know he was tops in both fields in the NFL. Just came to that realization after I down a few bottles of Nyquil and Advil.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
All the Texans need is two big dicks and pair of balls for their coach and qb, who are both lacking in that department.

Not even that could make them men at this point. We need a huge bag of dicks instead.

Dragon

Banned
We are just rebuilding for the Tebow era. Tomlin and Ben are on the way out for Tebow and Jesus (he will be combo HC and GM).

You act like I am irrational about the Pats with that assertion about the crusades being the fault of the Patriots. You are also stupid and ugly. I made it very clear that professional football started with the Superbowl era so unless the Crusades went a lot longer then I think they did there is no way the Pats are to blame for that. Besides I didn't always hate the Pats. Their descent into evil started in 2001. Now anything bad that happened in 2001 I think is fair to blame on the Pats.

You have a schtick and you stick by it. I admire that if nothing else.

Honestly, Tomlin's a weird case, there's no way they can get rid of him because of the SB but I really don't see how he's anything but a mediocre head coach.

bionic77

Not even that could make them men at this point. We need a huge bag of dicks instead.
They could at least be smart about it like the Pats and hire some hot lesbians. When you put a hot lesbian next to a dickless man no one seems to notice as much.

Honestly, Tomlin's a weird case, there's no way they can get rid of him because of the SB but I really don't see how he's anything but a mediocre head coach.
At least he is handsome as fuck. There are always going to be 25-28 mediocre coaches in the league. At least ours is good to look at!

Fuck. Time to cry again. :(

eznark

Banned
it's good to see Bionic has come around to how good Harbaugh is. Best coach in football hands down

Trent Baalke doesn't get enough credit. He has been their player personnel guy for the past what, 5 years? And before that he was head of scouting? Guy has given Harbaugh an amazing group of players to work with.

Dragon

Banned
At least he is handsome as fuck. There are always going to be 25-28 mediocre coaches in the league. At least ours is good to look at!

Fuck. Time to cry again. :(

images

bionic77

I assume we're talking about John, right?

The only reason John doesn't get the press Jim does is because John is classy, understated, and overall, less of an egomaniac.
I was talking about Jim.

I see way too much of the Ravens every year and I don't see that kind of genius or douchebaggery in the lesser Harbaugh.

Jim is clearly the dominant brother. After he is done destroying the Ravens in the SB he will probably fuck John's wife and text him the pictures afterwards. I never said Jim was a decent human being but he is a fantastic head coach.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm still amazed how much I dislike the four teams left. The only way it could have been worse is if Minnesota had made it instead of Atlanta.

Any combination of Colts, Bengals, Texans, Seahawks, Redskins, and Denver would have been preferable to this.

bionic77

Trent Baalke doesn't get enough credit. He has been their player personnel guy for the past what, 5 years? And before that he was head of scouting? Guy has given Harbaugh an amazing group of players to work with.
They really are stacked from top to bottom.

It will be nice to see the dismantling start to happen after this season. A lot of those roles players are going to get paid if they win the SB.

eznark

Banned
They really are stacked from top to bottom.

It will be nice to see the dismantling start to happen after this season. A lot of those roles players are going to get paid if they win the SB.

Goldson and Delanie Walker are their biggest FA's. Not exactly a dismantling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
All his avatar teams lose.

Nevermind Mech. Carry on the good work. I can't follow you down that road though.

Whine whine whine. Your team got bent over the Niners and fecal matter. You can't complain about the teams left!

This is what I've been reduced to by this season. I feel like a Lions fan eagerly awaiting the day after the Super Bowl so that I can hear some good news.

JCizzle

Yep. One or two high profile busts, but other than that he's been great. Jed York made the right call keeping him and targeting Harbs (and sticking to his guns when the Fins lost their minds in that process).

Delanie Walker drops more passes than Jermichael Finley, they might as well let him go.

He's trash. Can't catch shit anymore.

bionic77

Goldson and Delanie Walker are their biggest FA's. Not exactly a dismantling.
Free agency and age.

A lot of their players on offense and defense have peaked or are peaking. The decline after that is pretty fast and then it is just trying to plug too many leaky holes in a boat. Guys like Willis, Smith, etc are very hard to replace. They are on their 2nd consecutive championship game. Unless they hit some homeruns in the draft in the next two years then this is probably the peak of that team.

The Pats avoid rebuilding by being super cheap and focusing on just drafting white tight ends, but that formula has yielded zero championships.

There is reason it is hard to win Superbowls.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
heh. Houston callers saying Mc Nair needs to get Kevin Sumlin.

lol fuck him and what he did to the Cougars. Though I'm sure Case would love that.

eznark

Banned
Free agency and age.

A lot of their players on offense and defense have peaked or are peaking. The decline after that is pretty fast and then it is just trying to plug too many leaky holes in a boat. Guys like Willis, Smith, etc are very hard to replace. They are on their 2nd consecutive championship game. Unless they hit some homeruns in the draft in the next two years then this is probably the peak of that team.

The Pats avoid rebuilding by being super cheap and focusing on just drafting white tight ends, but that formula has yielded zero championships.

There is reason it is hard to win Superbowls.

They really aren't that old, though.

Matrix

Sumlin/Manziel in 2015. Keenum as the wise veteran backup. Kevin Kolb on the practice squad.

who the heck is the starter? Schoob better be retired.

Top Bottom