• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

They really aren't that old, though.
I think a group of their core guys are getting up there.

Plus, we'll see what defenses can do after a year to prepare against Kaepernick and their offense*.

*except if/when he plays the Packers where he'll be guaranteed 300+ yards.

bionic77

They really aren't that old, though.
:lol

That is what everyone says right after they win the Superbowl.

You and I were singing the same tune in 2008 and 2010. Look at how fast those defenses fell apart!

Why it seems like yesterday I was having this exact same argument with you and Buckethead.

I think a division realignment is sorely needed right now as well. Patriots haven't had serious competition in their division for what, at least five years now?

When they realigned to 4 divisions in 2002, guess who left the Pats* division, the Colts. It helped both of them to be yearly playoff participants. The Jets have been the Pats* biggest threat and we all know how hilarious that train wreck of a team is.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
When Atlanta beats the two hottest/"best" teams in the NFC (San Fran and Seattle), will we finally be taken seriously?

the answer is no, unless we play Baltimore.

Milchjon

When they realigned to 4 divisions in 2002, guess who left the Pats* division, the Colts. It helped both of them to be yearly playoff participants. The Jets have been the Pats* biggest threat and we all know how hilarious that train wreck of a team is.

M$. CrApple. Pats*. Nintendo is for babies.

Godslay

Banned
I cannot in good faith wear a Flacco avatar. Sorry Larry, I don't want to jinx your team. September seems so far away, I guess I'll have to find constructive to do with my life until then.

Ravens should have acquired Tebow somehow. No way we lose with Tebow, Ray, and God's blessing.

That's not even fair.

MechDX

Man I really can't wait for brady to retire. He's a great qb, but I'm just tired of seeing it. Hell, the entire patriots team is just so cocky. Spikes dancing to say the pats have the ball instead of being in the scrum to come up with it? Absurd. Watching the patriots takes all the excitement out of it because you know they have a 95% chance of pulling it out.

I think a division realignment is sorely needed right now as well. Patriots haven't had serious competition in their division for what, at least five years now?

This is an easy fix and makes geographical sense as well: Colts to the AFC North, Ravens to the AFC East and Miami to the AFC South.

While they are at it put the Cowboys in the NFC South and move the Panthers to the NFC East.

I like it.

I know we're mostly talking about the Brady era but here's a fun fact nonetheless: The New England (not Boston) Patriots and Miami Dolphins have won the AFC East 14 times apiece. The Jets have won the division only 4 times (tied with the Houston Oilers!). The last time the Dolphins won it was in '08 and the last time the Jets won it was in '02.

tl;dr - Jets suck.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
When Atlanta beats the two hottest/"best" teams in the NFC (San Fran and Seattle), will we finally be taken seriously?

the answer is no, unless we play Baltimore.

Nobody will ever take Atlanta seriously. Ever. Even if they win the Super Bowl.

People hate the Falcons because they personify boring (to the average fan). Their franchise QB has less personality that Eli, their head coach and the other are literally the definition of vanilla, their running back runs a 5.3 40, most people couldn't even name 4 starters on their defense, and play in Atlanta.

They manage to go 13-3 and nobody cares, other teams put up that same record like the Broncos and they are destined for a Super Bowl, it's like the Falcons weren't even in the playoffs in the first place.

You and I were singing the same tune in 2008 and 2010. Look at how fast those defenses fell apart!

Age was never the Pack Defenses problem. Bunch of softies that fluked up for a season to win a championship.

eznark

Banned

Why it seems like yesterday I was having this exact same argument with you and Buckethead.

What? Who on the Packers defense is old? Do you watch football anymore?

eznark

Banned
The only old Packer is Woodson but he's played SS well and could definitely last another season or two should he decide to embrace that role.

I think the falcons beat the niners. I got a good feeling.

I'm a bit biased but I do too. Russell Wilson IMO is 10 times the QB Colin Kaepernick is, and we still won against the #1 scoring defense and Wilson having a fantastic game with practically no mistakes. I'd be pretty surprised if CK is as poised as RW in his first road playoff game, RW is just a machine. Also I think Ryan will play a lot more loose and it's not like he even had a bad game or anything.

Miguel

This is an easy fix and makes geographical sense as well: Colts to the AFC North, Ravens to the AFC East and Miami to the AFC South.

While they are at it put the Cowboys in the NFC South and move the Panthers to the NFC East.

I like it.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

I know we're mostly talking about the Brady era but here's a fun fact nonetheless: The New England (not Boston) Patriots and Miami Dolphins have won the AFC East 14 times apiece. The Jets have won the division only 4 times (tied with the Houston Oilers!). The last time the Dolphins won it was in '08 and the last time the Jets won it was in '02.

tl;dr - Jets suck.

Yeah, but in the last 10 years, the Jets somehow managed to get to the postseason 5 times without a QB while the Dolphins managed to do it once. Though, I think the Dolphins should be on the upswing while the Jets playing footsies with Rex should set them back another 5 years.

bionic77

What? Who on the Packers defense is old? Do you watch football anymore?
I blame the drugs.

I am actually shocked at the age of your defense (i was just going through their ages on NFL.com). I have no explanation for why they looked so slow and weak against the Niners. Age is the excuse of the Steelers, not sure what the fuck happened to the Packers defense.

Yeah, but in the last 10 years, the Jets somehow managed to get to the postseason 5 times without a QB while the Dolphins managed to do it once. Though, I think the Dolphins should be on the upswing while the Jets playing footsies with Rex should set them back another 5 years.
It's true, the Jets were actually fairly decent when that defense was healthy and functioning there for awhile. I mean, they were still incredibly overrated and had no right whatsoever to be in those AFC Championship games but I'll give some credit where it's due.

Miami to AFC south>?

Shit , Texans to be new Pats!
I hate you guys!

eznark

Banned
I blame the drugs.

I am actually shocked at the age of your defense (i was just going through their ages on NFL.com). I have no explanation for why they looked so slow and weak against the Niners. Age is the excuse of the Steelers, not sure what the fuck happened to the Packers defense.

Awful FS play and out of control OLB's basically. Capers also had his head so far up his ass that he apparently couldn't watch the game. He rotated Matthews over the center on multiple third downs to blitz which allowed Kaepernick the entire half of the field to scamper. Just awful defensive playcalling and ridiculous misuse of resources.

Awful FS play and out of control OLB's basically. Capers also had his head so far up his ass that he apparently couldn't watch the game. He rotated Matthews over the center on multiple third downs to blitz which allowed Kaepernick the entire half of the field to scamper. Just awful defensive playcalling and ridiculous misuse of resources.
That's what stuck out to me the most. It's like the Packers were still using a game plan they drew up for Alex Smith.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bring the Colts to the AFC North. We'll teach Luck what its like in the hood.

I hope he's ready for a BALL FIGHT!

They really are stacked from top to bottom.

It will be nice to see the dismantling start to happen after this season. A lot of those roles players are going to get paid if they win the SB.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/

Highest profile players being Goldson, Soap, Walker, and Moss. Goldson will probably be resigned. The rest are pretty much replaceable. Don't forget that because of the QB change midseason, the niners will be able to get some cap room by letting Alex Smith go. The front office guys have just been money.

Bring the Colts to the AFC North. We'll teach Luck what its like in the hood.

I hope he's ready for a BALL FIGHT!
Kave can I some of that drink you sippin on? that some strong syrup..lol

E: listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they talking about next seasons packer needs. OL or RB first round?

jbug617

Banned
Edit: Daboll had left the team with Mangini, maybe Bill is finally forgiving Mangini.

Ayanbedejo apologize for his comments last night

In the office, and, somehow, the Niners fans are trying to talk shit to me about them winning. Is it that they didn't watch the Ravens game? Of course that is the reason, because they didn't even know there were other games. I'm fairly certain some of these people thought that was the Superbowl.

And yes, one lady did yell "Calvin Kaepernick!" and fist pump from her desk.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

E: listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they talking about next seasons packer needs. OL or RB first round?

Safety or OL.

edit: Specifically, a center or tackle. Maybe even a guard depending on if there's someone really good available.

eznark

Banned

lolol

edit: Specifically, a center or tackle. Maybe even a guard depending on if there's someone really good available.
The like EDS and he did a fine job. Newhouse is coming along and Barclay has been good. Like always, TT will take the best available but I'm hoping that this offseason is spent getting better at linebacker.

Top Bottom