• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
lolol

The like EDS and he did a fine job. Newhouse is coming along and Barclay has been good. Like always, TT will take the best available but I'm hoping that this offseason is spent getting better at linebacker.

MLB hopefully.

Awful FS play and out of control OLB's basically. Capers also had his head so far up his ass that he apparently couldn't watch the game. He rotated Matthews over the center on multiple third downs to blitz which allowed Kaepernick the entire half of the field to scamper. Just awful defensive playcalling and ridiculous misuse of resources.

So what do you think of Capers? I doubt his stock is high in Packerland about now.

eznark

Banned
I think it's time to move on. Pretty clear that he is not able to put the current personnel in the proper place to make them succeed. Honestly, give Kevin Greene a chance. If nothing else to keep him around.

MLB hopefully.

Yeah, there are like a dozen SEC MLB's in this draft that I'd like to see the Packers get. One of them should be available! I'll kill buckethead if it's T'eo.

jakncoke

Banned
Hmm, well it isn't going to be easy to get Alex Smith in that case. He's already got one of those.

Already sad about Mike Wallace leaving, huh?

Fuck that, I'll throw the biggest party and pop the biggest boner when he signs with another team. Dude quit on us this season. Fuck him.

lolol

The like EDS and he did a fine job. Newhouse is coming along and Barclay has been good. Like always, TT will take the best available but I'm hoping that this offseason is spent getting better at linebacker.
I kinda went lol too when they talked about maybe getting a RB on the Mike and Mike show. Cris Carter prefers they get a OL because Rodgers was getting killed out there

eznark

Banned
Pretty thin at that position in the first round. Steelers need the same, and unless they go for Te'o I doubt they'll get it.

Yeah, I guess it is mostly OLB's now that I think about it. I'd be happy with the kid from Georgia though. Ogletree?

I kinda went lol too when they talked about maybe getting a RB on the Mike and Mike show. Cris Carter prefers they get a OL because Rodgers was getting killed out there

Rodgers wasn't getting killed because of his offensive line.

I am honestly not too worried that we lost Gronk, last year sure but we have more weapons than we did last year plus we have game plans without him.

We also have a better rushing game than earlier in the year, defense needs to play like they have been for the last few months.

Fuck that, I'll throw the biggest party and pop the biggest boner when he signs with another team. Dude quit on us this season. Fuck him.
To be honest you are probably right about the Dolphins, though. If they do decide to pick up a WR through free agency I hope it's with a reasonable contract but considering how big of a need it is I wouldn't be surprised if they over-spent. Now what's the deal with this Mike Wallace quitting stuff?

One thing I like about Philbin so far is that he doesn't seem to tolerate guys who have the potential to be a cancer in the locker room. Vontae Davis, Brandon Marshall, and Chad Johnson were all traded or cut for that reason. So with that said I'd be surprised to see them go after a big name WR who raises legitimate concerns regarding their attitude and/or work ethic.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Nobody will ever take Atlanta seriously. Ever. Even if they win the Super Bowl.

People hate the Falcons because they personify boring (to the average fan). Their franchise QB has less personality that Eli, their head coach and the other are literally the definition of vanilla, their running back runs a 5.3 40, most people couldn't even name 4 starters on their defense, and play in Atlanta.

They manage to go 13-3 and nobody cares, other teams put up that same record like the Broncos and they are destined for a Super Bowl, it's like the Falcons weren't even in the playoffs in the first place.

It is such bullshit though. We have one of the better QBs in the league, the BEST recieving core in the league (White, Jones, Gonzalez), top ten in points allowed, top five in turnovers forced per game, and we have the fewest pentalities.... Ever. Oh and we just beat the darling of the league (who just got done stomping the 49ers 4 weeks ago) in thrilling fashion. Yet here I am watching Mike and Mike (and other sports outlets) mostly talking about the other remaining three teams and even focusing on the Seahawks and Wilson more then the Falcons when yesterday's game comes up in the discussion.

This isn't a beauty contest, and we have consistently won and been close to the top of our game all season long yet San Fran already seems to be pencilled in for the Super Bowl.

ari

Banned
Bring the Colts to the AFC North. We'll teach Luck what its like in the hood.

I hope he's ready for a BALL FIGHT!
I never understood why some of the cities are in the wrong division anyhow. Indy in the south? Dallas in the east? I hope goodell shake it up a bit.

I never understood why some of the cities are in the wrong division anyhow. Indy in the south? Dallas in the east? I hope goodell shake it up a bit.

Because of already established rivalries like Dallas vs the rest of the NFC East.

Of course, you'd know this if you had any football intelligence.

ari

Banned
Because of already established rivalries like Dallas vs the rest of the NFC East.

Of course, you'd know this if you had any football intelligence.
Woah? The fuck with the hostility? Just pointing out maybe it should change. What the hell is with you people?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Woah? The fuck with the hostility? Just pointing out maybe it should change. What the hell is with you people

Not again smh

I think it's time to move on. Pretty clear that he is not able to put the current personnel in the proper place to make them succeed. Honestly, give Kevin Greene a chance. If nothing else to keep him around.

I hope this is just some clever joke Im too stupid/poor to understand.

I like Darren Perry if they look internally. I hope they dont try anything with Moss, I can't see him being successful.

It is such bullshit though. We have one of the better QBs in the league, the BEST recieving core in the league (White, Jones, Gonzalez), top ten in points allowed, top five in turnovers forced per game, and we have the fewest pentalities.... Ever. Oh and we just beat the darling of the league (who just got done stomping the 49ers 4 weeks ago) in thrilling fashion. Yet here I am watching Mike and Mike (and other sports outlets) mostly talking about the other remaining three teams and even focusing on the Seahawks and Wilson more then the Falcons when yesterday's game comes up in the discussion.

This isn't a beauty contest, and we have consistently won and been close to the top of our game all season long yet San Fran already seems to be pencilled in for the Super Bowl.

Honestly, I don't like the matchup for the Niners. Your O-line and running back are the type that have been giving the Niners D trouble this season. Of course I'm not sure how your defense matches up with the Niners offense.

Now what's the deal with this Mike Wallace quitting stuff?

His biggest issue is that he generally will not fight for a ball, will just give up. And if it gets intercepted, he gives zero effort in trying to bring down the guy. I'm not sure how much of it was the fact the was playing in a lame duck season, but he did have a problem in seasons past for disappearing for long stretches. He'd have one amazing half of a season and then get stoned the rest of the way. This year I think he was also pissed that the Steelers opened up their wallets for Antonio Brown while ignoring his whining about money. Maybe a change of scenery and a warm climate would help him, who knows. But I bet wherever Arians winds up, he makes a strong push to sign him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
smh at the hostility. bears fans have feelings too.

No they don't. Who doesn't remember one of their own players trying to give a small child the football in the stands and their grown fans snatching it from the kid.

Disgusting.

Miguel

bestafc16.jpg

bestnfc16.jpg

Table 3: Optimal realignment for the NFL's choice of AFC and NFC. Value: 41152km See maps of the NFC and AFC.
NFC
South - Atlanta Carolina New Orleans Tampa Bay
North - Chicago Green Bay Minnesota St Louis
West - Arizona Dallas San Francisco Seattle
East - Detroit NY Giants Philadelphia Washington

AFC
East - Baltimore New England Buffalo NY Jets
North - Cincinnati Cleveland Indianapolis Pittsburgh
West - Denver Kansas City Oakland San Diego
South - Houston Jacksonville Miami Tennessee

http://eaton.math.rpi.edu/faculty/mitchell/generators/realign/solutions.html

jakncoke

Banned
To be honest you are probably right about the Dolphins, though. If they do decide to pick up a WR through free agency I hope it's with a reasonable contract but considering how big of a need it is I wouldn't be surprised if they over-spent. Now what's the deal with this Mike Wallace quitting stuff?

One thing I like about Philbin so far is that he doesn't seem to tolerate guys who have the potential to be a cancer in the locker room. Vontae Davis, Brandon Marshall, and Chad Johnson were all traded or cut for that reason. So with that said I'd be surprised to see them go after a big name WR who raises legitimate concerns regarding their attitude and/or work ethic.

Never are you going to get a polished router runner out of Mike Wallace, but this year you could tell he was half assing his routes. Dude crying cause he working on a 2.5 million salary and didnt get Fitz money or Antonio Brown money who got a 5 year 42(or whatever) deal(which honestly probably would of went to him and Steelers prob gave Brown it out of spite). Maybe when he gets a contract he'll start caring again. Not to mention for whatever reason during big stretches this year he forgot how to catch. If you're looking for a guy who can run straight of wr screens he is your man

Matrix

change is good?

Then I say we wipe your team from the league. That's the only change that makes sense.

His biggest issue is that he generally will not fight for a ball, will just give up. And if it gets intercepted, he gives zero effort in trying to bring down the guy. I'm not sure how much of it was the fact the was playing in a lame duck season, but he did have a problem in seasons past for disappearing for long stretches. He'd have one amazing half of a season and then get stoned the rest of the way. This year I think he was also pissed that the Steelers opened up their wallets for Antonio Brown while ignoring his whining about money. Maybe a change of scenery and a warm climate would help him, who knows. But I bet wherever Arians winds up, he makes a strong push to sign him.

Tomlin had his number from the start. Dude is a one trick pony, who needs to beat the defense clean to be of use. We already have Antonio Brown to be worked into space for difficult catches. Wallace is too specialized. Dude is allergic to contact and his speed isn't going to last the length of the contract he gets.

cajunator

Banned
bestafc16.jpg

bestnfc16.jpg

Table 3: Optimal realignment for the NFL's choice of AFC and NFC. Value: 41152km See maps of the NFC and AFC.
NFC
South - Atlanta Carolina New Orleans Tampa Bay
North - Chicago Green Bay Minnesota St Louis
West - Arizona Dallas San Francisco Seattle
East - Detroit NY Giants Philadelphia Washington

AFC
East - Baltimore New England Buffalo NY Jets
North - Cincinnati Cleveland Indianapolis Pittsburgh
West - Denver Kansas City Oakland San Diego
South - Houston Jacksonville Miami Tennessee

http://eaton.math.rpi.edu/faculty/mitchell/generators/realign/solutions.html

So our division is the only geographically correct one.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Seriously is east Cleveland as bad as it seems? I worry the day I finally go to cleveland to see a game I make one wrong turn end up there and get shanked to death. :(

Hook up with jak, he'll protect you. He'll show you all of the liquor stores, too!

ari

Banned
I honestly don't care what his team affiliation is. He essentially replaced a guy who knows his football facts and history with someone who's ignorant in both.

He's pulling for my team and I still don't like him.
I really don't know what the hell you are going on about and is not sure how you determined what you determined.

I'm a bit biased but I do too. Russell Wilson IMO is 10 times the QB Colin Kaepernick is, and we still won against the #1 scoring defense and Wilson having a fantastic game with practically no mistakes. I'd be pretty surprised if CK is as poised as RW in his first road playoff game, RW is just a machine. Also I think Ryan will play a lot more loose and it's not like he even had a bad game or anything.

He's not a machine. Your defense fucking sucks dick. Guys were open by 10 yards. That doesn't happen in an NFL regular season game let alone a playoff game.

If you don't play drastically better D not only will you lose, you will get blown out

Top Bottom