• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Miguel

You guys really are embracing your historic dominance over the Dolphins after yesterday's game, aren't you? It's kind of sad in a way.

The Texans don't need two more wins a year. They get enough of those in the regular season. Beating up on the Dolphins isn't going to prevent you from losing in the playoffs. Just sayin'.

2-0 vs Miami vs 1-1 vs Indy would have given us home filed!

Talon

Green Bay's downfall was their guy on the end constantly crashing to the RB, leaving the outside lane wide open.
This was particularly mindboggling considering Green Bay did such a good job of running along the LoS in their wildcard game against Adrian.

Lions special teams coach asks out of his contract to go to Buffalo. This is in addition to them firing their WR, RB and offensive line coaches:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/lions-continue-coaching-staff-shakeup/

The Lions fired wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson, running backs coach Sam Gash and offensive line coach George Yarno immediately after the season, and now changes appear to be coming on special teams as well. According to the Detroit News, special teams coordinator Danny Crossman has asked to be let out of the final year of his contract so he can take the same position in Buffalo, where his old friend Doug Marrone is the new head coach.

Tamanon

Banned
It's unfair as shit that Peyton catches the brunt of the criticism when (A) Fox had no business taking the ball out of Peyton's hands and (B) the Broncos secondary had no business fucking up so badly.

Right. We only remember the Super Bowl champion - we don't remember that Minnesota should have had a FG attempt if Favre didn't give the game away.

? The 3rd and 7 run was audibled to by Peyton. It wasn't Fox's decision.

It's unfair as shit that Peyton catches the brunt of the criticism when (A) Fox had no business taking the ball out of Peyton's hands and (B) the Broncos secondary had no business fucking up so badly.

I split the blame equally among Fox, Peyton and whoever that safety was that royally fucked up.

Which has what to do with it being an awful big money signing in retrospect? You're judged by your teams performance on the field not reeling in big free agents that look good "at the time". What was Nnamdi getting paid to ride the pine again?

Babin I'll give you. Overrated as fuck and a locker room cancer.

In hindsight it obviously didnt work out but that seems like a silly way to judge a GM. Eagles desperately needed help at CB and he went out and got the top guy available at the position. Of all the things to knock him for that one seems crazy to me. I think any GM in the NFL would have wanted to have a Nnamdi at the time.

Talon said:
we don't remember that Minnesota should have had a FG attempt if Favre didn't give the game away.
Consequently you have to acknowledge that the Broncos had a good opportunity to win the game had Peyton not thrown that pass across his body, no? What happened, happened up to that point but the decision making there was astronomically bad for one of the greats to ever play the position.

I'm still stunned at how Favre-esque it was. Copy and paste from the Minny/NO game.

Where is Peyton catching the brunt of the criticism? People are eating their own shit to deflect blame from Manning.

Consequently you have to acknowledge that the Broncos had a good opportunity to win the game had Peyton not thrown that pass across his body, no? What happened, happened up to that point but the decision making there was astronomically bad for one of the greats to ever play the position.

I'm still stunned at how Favre-esque it was. Copy and paste from the Minny/NO game.

It was the SAME play, with similar results. Favre got lambasted for that decision, as should Peyton.

LevelNth

Banned
I honestly have no idea what the Niners are going to gameplan on offense for the Falcons, and I can't imagine trying to scheme for that; Nolan must have such a headache.

Two big differences between the Niners and Seahawks are we have a much, much better crafty and shifty RB for the option in LMJ, so we don't have to just rely on the bruiser style runner. And our TE's are far, far better at separation (no chance Atlanta allows VD to get the kind of absurd cushions Miller had).

So do they bring the safeties in more to allow the LB's to still stay at home to stop CK from running all over them? Or do they simply play more contain on the DL at the expense of pass rush? I really don't have a clue (hence why I'm not a coach), but it will interesting discussion with FalconsGAF this week.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
In hindsight it obviously didnt work out but that seems like a silly way to judge a GM. Eagles desperately needed help at CB and he went out and got the top guy available at the position. Of all the things to knock him for that one seems crazy to me. I think any GM in the NFL would have wanted to have a Nnamdi at the time.

In hindsight, Asomburnt should have stuffed himself into the clown car.

Russell Wilson IMO is 10 times the QB Colin Kaepernick is

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So fucking delusional.

edit: The Seattle home game was a blow out. But I think if you watched any game this season you would see the parity in this league and how you can get your ass handed to you at any time. I'm glad we lost that bad, I think it helped the team out. Also Seattle's home turf is the hardest place to play in this country in any sport. Its not shocking that they win most of their home games.

I will admit wussle is shiftier in the pocket and makes him difficult to bring down but I don't think he is a better passer. I can't think of one throw he made yesterday where I said wow what a throw

He's shaping up to be a good qb, and hell he might be better than Kap when all is said and done, but 10x times better? Come on now.

Also a 5'10" guy will always be shiftier than a 6'5" guy. I'm 6'4" and not shifty at all so at some point your height and weight come into play in regards to shiftiness.

Why do Patriots fans think the Ravens game will be any different than the last two games vs. them (aka ridiculously close and essentially a toss-up)

Have Pats fans said that? Where? All I see right now is a Pats team on a very similar road as last year. Beat up a weak-ass AFC East, beat a few good teams in the regular season at home, got a bye week, and then beat the shit out of a fraud team for the right to play Baltimore at home again to get to a SB.

He's shaping up to be a good qb, and hell he might be better than Kap when all is said and done, but 10x times better? Come on now.

Also a 5'10" guy will always be shiftier than a 6'5" guy. I'm 6'4" and not shifty at all so at some point your height and weight come into play in regards to shiftiness.

Agreed. And I don't think he can make all the throws on a consistent basis. He scrambles around until he finds someone open and he is very good at that

JCizzle

To be fair to Seattle (as much as it pains me), I think lynch's injury affected him much more than they let on. He wasn't the same back out there that he was all year.

cajunator

Banned

So fucking delusional.

edit: The Seattle home game was a blow out. But I think if you watched any game this season you would see the parity in this league and how you can get your ass handed to you at any time. I'm glad we lost that bad, I think it helped the team out. Also Seattle's home turf is the hardest place to play in this country in any sport. Its not shocking that they win most of their home games.

This is true. We beat an undefeated 8-0 Atlanta team that was red hot and then later got pasted by them in their house. you never know which team will show up to any game and want it more.

Lions special teams coach asks out of his contract to go to Buffalo. This is in addition to them firing their WR, RB and offensive line coaches:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/lions-continue-coaching-staff-shakeup/

YES

YES

YES

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE, CROSSMAN!!!!

Well this guy was responsible for Stefan Logan being the returner so I'm sure Lions fans are thrilled to see him go.

*looks up* You think?

MechDX

You guys really are embracing your historic dominance over the Dolphins after yesterday's game, aren't you? It's kind of sad in a way.

The Texans don't need two more wins a year. They get enough of those in the regular season. Beating up on the Dolphins isn't going to prevent you from losing in the playoffs. Just sayin'.

Im just ribbin you. Its our only dominance we have ever had in 10 years of existance. :(

I will admit wussle is shiftier in the pocket and makes him difficult to bring down but I don't think he is a better passer. I can't think of one throw he made yesterday where I said wow what a throw

Don't judge him on just yesterday obviously. And to the other poster I already said the 10x was hyperbole but I still think he is better. And why does it matter why he is shiftier If he is indeed shiftier? He may lack height but he plays with his height extremely well.

Why do Patriots fans think the Ravens game will be any different than the last two games vs. them (aka ridiculously close and essentially a toss-up)

So far I've only seen people say that they think this game will be just what you said. Exactly like the previous 2 encounters with the Ravens. Sucks so much that we lost Gronk again. Go hates us, Satan isn't helping us enough.

GRONK GRONK :(

harSon

Banned

So fucking delusional.

It's true though. Russell Wilson is a thousand times better than Kaepershit. He's the more complete player. QBs that put such reliance in their running abilities will always struggle in the long run once tape of said players begin to build up, and defenses are able to appropriately game plan against them. Kaepershit is more of a north/south runner with a mediocre to average arm, while Russell Wilson is a shifty/quick runner with an accurate and able arm. You take away Kaepershit's running lanes, forcing him to beat you with his arm, and he'll fold under pressure. Wilson under the same situation would be much more successful IMO.

DCX

DCX
Atlanta's defense was playing the contain/spy a ton. It allowed Miller and others to get behind the linebackers and before the safeties.

kap is a similar QB and I'm sure we will employ a similar defensive gameplan... We are toast. VD is potentially a greater threat than Miller is and Moss and Crabs are better receivers.

Ryan and the offense needs to produce points and not get complacent. We need to put up 30 to win as our defense will give up 21-28 easy.

I will go into cardiac arrest before the game is over for sure.

DCX

Where is Peyton catching the brunt of the criticism? People are eating their own shit to deflect blame from Manning.

It was the SAME play, with similar results. Favre got lambasted for that decision, as should Peyton.

I love Peyton, even switched teams to cheer him on. He'll likely always be my favorite player. I don't blame him for the tipped INT, or even the tuck fumble. But that last throw was horrendous. No excuse for it and it put the Ravens right in FG position to win the game.

The runs at the end of the game were dumb, IMO, but I at least get the mindset. You do that to run off the clock as much as possible (go down to 1:20-30 left instead of 2 min left) before punting and leaving it up to your D to essentially have 8 DBs cover far downfield. It even looked like they only rushed 3 and kept everyone back, but how do you not have some players waaaay back. Moore should have already been there when that ball was coming down, not trying to get into position. Just ridiculous.

And funny enough, when Prater missed that FG, I said to my gf: 'this would be awful if that FG determined the game'. I didn't think it was going to come down to that, but you can't leave any points on the field...

verbum

I honestly have no idea what the Niners are going to gameplan on offense for the Falcons, and I can't imagine trying to scheme for that; Nolan must have such a headache.

Two big differences between the Niners and Seahawks are we have a much, much better crafty and shifty RB for the option in LMJ, so we don't have to just rely on the bruiser style runner. And our TE's are far, far better at separation (no chance Atlanta allows VD to get the kind of absurd cushions Miller had).

So do they bring the safeties in more to allow the LB's to still stay at home to stop CK from running all over them? Or do they simply play more contain on the DL at the expense of pass rush? I really don't have a clue (hence why I'm not a coach), but it will interesting discussion with FalconsGAF this week.

I think we should have an extra cornerback standing right behind one of the other two. Maybe the refs will not see them.
Actually, ball control, field position, and killing the clock are the keys. Put the 49ers in a position to play catch up all the time. Maybe bring one safety up close to pick up players coming out of the back field or one of the TE's.
Asante Samuel could probably be one on one but Dunta Robinson needs help all the time. I would take a chance and use a safety in place of Dunta and let him be a third cornerback.
The DL will play contain like they did against Seattle. Holding Lynch to under 70 yards helped us quite a bit.

cajunator

Banned
I love Peyton, even switched teams to cheer him on. He'll likely always be my favorite player. I don't blame him for the tipped INT, or even the tuck fumble. But that last throw was horrendous. No excuse for it and it put the Ravens right in FG position to win the game.

The runs at the end of the game were dumb, IMO, but I at least get the mindset. You do that to run off the clock as much as possible (go down to 1:20-30 left instead of 2 min left) before punting and leaving it up to your D to essentially have 8 DBs cover far downfield. It even looked like they only rushed 3 and kept everyone back, but how do you not have some players waaaay back. Moore should have already been there when that ball was coming down, not trying to get into position. Just ridiculous.

And funny enough, when Prater missed that FG, I said to my gf: 'this would be awful if that FG determined the game'. I didn't think it was going to come down to that, but you can't leave any points on the field...

Tabris alt?

Barely having a 50% completion rating when the the opposing defense has to overcompensate for the run because of their inability to stop the run?

I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about from purely watching them both. They're both really good quarterbacks, but I didn't discern a huge dropoff in quality from Kap to Wilson. If I had to pick one, I'd take Wilson simply because he appears to be much more intelligent. Everyone time Kap talks I'm reminded of frat boys.

It's true though. Russell Wilson is a thousand times better than Kaepershit. He's the more complete player. QBs that put such reliance in their running abilities will always struggle in the long run once tape of said players begin to build up, and defenses are able to appropriately game plan against them. Kaepershit is more of a north/south runner with a mediocre to average arm, while Russell Wilson is a shifty/quick runner with an accurate and able arm. You take away Kaepershit's running lanes, forcing him to beat you with his arm, and he'll fold under pressure. Wilson under the same situation would be much more successful IMO.

Maybe you should get out of the Bay Area before the 49ers, like the Giants, win the chip this year.

cajunator

Banned
It must be tough being a fan of a different team than the region you are living in.
I'll just make it easy and stay in Louisiana forever. I love it here anyway.

harSon

Banned
I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about from purely watching them both. They're both really good quarterbacks, but I didn't discern a huge dropoff in quality from Kap to Wilson.

And I'm talking about the history of the NFL. QBs who can scramble/run to create passing plays and stand in the pocket and throw accurately when needed will always be infinitely more successful than those who are over reliant on their ability to run.

Miguel

Im just ribbin you. Its our only dominance we have ever had in 10 years of existance. :(

bull-market-and-bear-market.jpg

Top Bottom