• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

colinlol.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It must be tough being a fan of a different team than the region you are living in.
I'll just make it easy and stay in Louisiana forever. I love it here anyway.

Or different country.

I swallow sadness on a regular having to pay for Sunday Ticket just to watch the Browns job every week.

Fuck the Bills! And fuck whoever decided they were the "local team" for Toronto.

Godslay

Banned
It's unfair as shit that Peyton catches the brunt of the criticism when (A) Fox had no business taking the ball out of Peyton's hands and (B) the Broncos secondary had no business fucking up so badly.

Right. We only remember the Super Bowl champion - we don't remember that Minnesota should have had a FG attempt if Favre didn't give the game away.

Peyton is just as responsible. 3 turnovers, 2 of which were solidly on him.

Where is Peyton catching the brunt of the criticism? People are eating their own shit to deflect blame from Manning.

It was the SAME play, with similar results. Favre got lambasted for that decision, as should Peyton.

He's been blamed just as much as everyone else on Denver radio. They haven't deflected from him at all. Maybe nationally but definitely not locally.

Love to discuss it more but I'm busy this afternoon.

And I'm talking about the history of the NFL. QBs who can scramble/run to create passing plays and stand in the pocket and throw accurately when needed will always be infinitely more successful than those who are over reliant on their ability to run.

And Kap had a much higher QBR than Russell did. They both threw the same number of TDs and INTs this weekend. Russell threw for more yards because they weren't in a position to run when they were down by 20 starting the 2nd half. Kap looked better to me.

jakncoke

Banned
Or different country.

I swallow sadness on a regular having to pay for Sunday Ticket just to watch the Browns job every week.

Fuck the Bills! And fuck whoever decided they were the "local team" for Toronto.

Well they are like 60 miles from there are they not and closest NFL franchise?

And Kap had a much higher QBR than Russell did. They both threw the same number of TDs and INTs this weekend. Russell threw for more yards because they weren't in a position to run when they were down by 20 starting the 2nd half. Kap looked better to me.

You're basing your analysis off of just one game though.

And to the poster earlier talking that he's not surprised Seattle beat SF at home because they are a great home team, so are the falcons. We are 34-6 at home since 2008 including the playoffs. I'm not saying it will play a factor but the falcons are a pretty good home team too.

I'll take a free ticket out of the NFC Best. Rams are a playoff team next year anywhere but the West and the North
This is such a weird mentality to me. I want the Dolphins to stay in the AFC East specifically because I want them to eventually be better than the Pats. Running away just seems like delaying the inevitable.

You're basing your analysis off of just one game though.

Yep, that's why I said just based off the weekend. I haven't seen much of either QB during the season except against the Pats or if they were on a primetime game. Kap looked shitty against the Pats, as did Russell, but the game against Russell was really early in the season and he's clearly become a much better passer since then. As for the Falcons, I don't give them a chance in this game. I think 49ers win easily by at least 20.

harSon

Banned

You mean Wilson threw for more yards because Atlanta was actually capable of taking away the run and forced the offense onto Wilson's shoulders?

Yep, that's why I said just based off the weekend. I haven't seen much of either QB during the season except against the Pats or if they were on a primetime game. Kap looked shitty against the Pats, as did Russell, but the game against Russell was really early in the season and he's clearly become a much better passer since then. As for the Falcons, I don't give them a chance in this game. I think 49ers win easily by at least 20.

Kap looked shitty against the pats? Alright

eznark

Banned
I think Wilson is the more accurate passer and a better QB under pressure. Kaep has a stronger arm and is much more explosive. Wislon also doesn't have the same fumbling problems as Kaep, though that's probably because he slides quicker. I couldn't be more impressed with Kaepernick on Saturday, but he was basically playing a team that made no effort to contain the QB. In games where the opposition had their head firmly on their shoulders instead of in their asses, it's been more difficult for him. Wilson has gotten progressively better while Kaepernick is streakier.

Expecting that performance from Kaep next week is kind of like expecting Wilson to always put up the numbers he put up against the Bills.

They are both impressive as hell and if someone put a gun to my head I would take Kaepernick because you can somewhat teach intelligence and touch, you can't really teach that explosive athleticism.

If the 49ers defense is as mediocre as it was against GB I think the Falcons have a good chance though.

It's true though. Russell Wilson is a thousand times better than Kaepershit. He's the more complete player. QBs that put such reliance in their running abilities will always struggle in the long run once tape of said players begin to build up, and defenses are able to appropriately game plan against them. Kaepershit is more of a north/south runner with a mediocre to average arm, while Russell Wilson is a shifty/quick runner with an accurate and able arm. You take away Kaepershit's running lanes, forcing him to beat you with his arm, and he'll fold under pressure. Wilson under the same situation would be much more successful IMO.

Did you watch either game? Again, I ask to show me one tight throw wussle made. One difficult throw. Kap had the great tight throw on the 2nd Crabtree td, countless perfect back shoulder throws, the perfect over the shoulder to VD.

I'll say this now: you better pray to whatever god you believe in that the 49ers don't win it all because I will have no mercy on your sorry ass for as long as I'm a neogaf member!

Anyone else read Word of Muth on Footballoutsiders.com? He's got some great articles breaking down specific plays and players. He doesn't have anything on this weekends games as of yet but has a nice piece on the Toss Bunch Crunch pitch play the Redskins run and how the Seahawks defense played it (or didn't). Take a look here:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2013/word-muth-toss-bunch-crunch

The week before he had a breakdown on the Seattle safety play against the Niners with some analysis of the Niners offensive line play and more:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2013/word-muth

cajunator

Banned
Did you watch either game? Again, I ask to show me one tight throw wussle made. One difficult throw. Kap had the great tight throw on the 2nd Crabtree td, countless perfect back shoulder throws, the perfect over the shoulder to VD.

I'll say this now: you better pray to whatever god you believe in that the 49ers don't win it all because I will have no mercy on your sorry ass for as long as I'm a neogaf member!

If your niners win the super bowl, Im going to print out your post-game rave and frame that fucker.

jmdajr

Sorry man. Didnt know.

It was one of those things where he was a friend of a friend. I still feel bad about it. I'd hate to think the game was actually the last straw but I don't know the details. Sometimes people just fucking snap at the most minute things after a string of bad occurrences.

cajunator

Banned
I dont like the niners because of Saints history, but FMT is such a classy guy you cant help but want him to be happy. He just asks that we all eat a bag of dicks. Is that so much to ask?

eznark

Banned

He also has limited velocity control right now which resulted in a number of deflections. It's correctable obviously but it is an issue.

Does winning it all make him better than Wilson?

MechDX

It was one of those things where he was a friend of a friend. I still feel bad about it. I'd hate to think the game was actually the last straw but I don't know the details. Sometimes people just fucking snap at the most minute things after a string of bad occurrences.

I hope that wasnt really a reason. I get worked up but when it all boils down it is still a game. I do wish bad mojo on Schaub though...

cajunator

Banned
I hope that wasnt really a reason. I get worked up but when it all boils down it is still a game. I do wish bad mojo on Schaub though...

At first I thought you were a pats fan saying that about Schaub. then I realized its you Mech and its definitely acceptable.

LevelNth

Banned
Let's not forget Wilson has had 18 starts to Kap's 8. Alternatively, Kap has held a clipboard for 27 games to Wilson's 0.

Personally, 80% of plays by a QB are not great indications of their talent, so it's far more difficult to judge. I've also watched far more Niners games than Seahawks, and I'm biased.

IMO however, Wilson has not made the types of passes that Kap has, and I give Kap the advantage in passing talent. Three throws in particular: The 2nd TD to Crab on Saturday, the 1st TD pass to Crab against the Pats, and the 50 yard bomb to Kyle Williams against the Bears.

You don't throw a ball better than that.

jmdajr

Everyone keeps saying we are slow as fuck as a team. I don't know if it's just coaching or conditioning but we need to REALLY work on that. Schaub might be beyond help though. That run by Matt was fuking sad.

Top Bottom