• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Trey

I believe it's about age, injuries, etc.. but it's also about coaching. Belichick and company have not coached particularly well in the playoffs, and how much of that is because they can't record signals? Like I said earlier they lost on a few great plays, but generally they are being outcoached in those games. How much of that is because they can't cheat no one knows for certain, but the coaching has not been the same post spygate. Poor drafting after the runs is probably the number one reason, but I wonder how much not being able to cheat has affected them. I just don't buy that the cheating didn't help them anymore.

Coaching, Brady, and a dope offensive line brings them this far every year. Your premise that cameras must have been the reason the Pats won is invalidated in the very same sentence where you say that great plays against them have been the real difference. All the hand waving you make about being out coached does not make for valid points.

You're taking all the fun out of the cameras barb.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Patriots lack talent.

Scheme can only get you so far.

I actually think the scheme was pretty poor this year. O'brien definitely had an understanding of where Brady was in his career, where Mcdaniels still thought he was the Brady of old. But I do agree, Welker definitely benefits from the scheme, outside of that though Gronk and Hernandez are the real deal, and if Ridley can ever get his fumbles under control his not a bad back.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Does anyone have the Ridley fumble gif?

original.gif

Tammy tryina kill Ed Reed's knees:

original.gif

TheFatOne

The coaching is only as good as the players.The defense was terrible today.No Jones and no Talib.When was the last time the had guys who could get stops when needed?

Defense is definitely a talent issue, but there are specific moments within these game where coaching is an issue. For example, they didn't call a timeout at the end of the half. Sure Brady could call it, but Belichick has to step in and call a timeout in that situation. Calling an all out blitz in 07. The 2010 playoffs being completely outcoached by Rex Ryan. I could go on and on about the coaching failing. The coaching isn't as good, and I'm wondering how much of that is because of spygate, and how much is it because of Belichicks arrogance. Either way I believe the taping helped. In my mind it's only a matter of percentages. Taping helped x amount, players this amount, etc
They've done a damn good job of drafting on the offensive side, but they've failed over and over again to draft a defense with all the picks they've spent trying to find a NFL CB. Wheatley, Butler, Wilhite, McCourty, Dowling, etc. etc. The other problem too is the company Bill has surrounded himself with. He had some damn good minds around him when he started, but no he's working with Matt Patricia and Josh Boyer... on top of that McDaniels is garbage IMO. This of course is due to Bills monster ego, believing he can do more with less.

Lol remember when Mark Sanchez shit all over tom? Yeah he's elite, the real deal! He beat Tom AND Peyton to get to the championship game!

Seriously pats got outplayed tonight, do you seriously believe Joe Flacco is elite? How long have you been watching football?
I'm getting tired of Belichicks bullshit. He needs to hire a fucking DC, and new corner back coaches. I don't care if they have to hire Mangini. I just don't want whoever is coaching them now to be with the Pats next season.

Coaching, Brady, and a dope offensive line brings them this far every year. Your premise that cameras must have been the reason the Pats won is invalidated in the very same sentence where you say that great plays against them have been the real difference. All the hand waving you make about being out coached does not make for valid points.

You're taking all the fun out of the cameras barb.

Offensive line is because of coaching. They have the best in the business, and Brady has a fast release. I'm not saying its the sole reason just part. Like coaching, talent, etc. It's a part of the reason they haven't been successful.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What is with the Niners and stabbings? Some Falcons fan got stabbed by a Niners fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...bed-throat-49ers-fan-loss-005424158--nfl.html

According to WSB-TV reporter Rachel Stockman, witnesses reported that a Falcons fan punched a 49er fan, who in turn pulled a knife and either cut or stabbed the Falcons fan in the neck. Details such as the exact individuals involved in the incident and the victim's condition are not yet known. The victim was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital.

Yikes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is the first time in ...9 seasons? That the Steelers, Pats, or Colts don't represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Interesting turn of events, what's sad is it has more with the decline of those 3 teams than the improvement of others. NFC bitchslapped the AFC in the grandscheme this year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So Romeo Crennel is available. Maybe he can fix this defense.

I've been begging for this, but I just don't see Bill swallowing his pride. They also still need a legitimate #1 CB. Dennard can be a solid #2 from what he's shown, but without Talib the defense was a joke. Arrington belongs in the CFL and McCourty isn't horrible at safety where he should stay. Talib probably walks though, and even if he stayed he's fairly injury prone.

Well I for one am glad I won't have to cheer on the Patriots for the Superbowl. I'll happily "cheer" for the Ravens in this one over the 49ers any day of the week.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Prepare yourselves for the term "Harbaugh bowl".

Hmm...wouldn't mind seeing Boldin get a ring, but overall, I think I'd rather see the 49ers win.

When the Patriots won the 3 rings one thing they had was insane defenses though.I think its more of the players than the coaches most of the time.

They started emphasizing weapons on offense and putting their money there. I think Bill's ego made him think he could coach anyone to play defense.

Top Bottom