• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Worst choke?ATL or NE?

Atlanta of course. NE just got that ass beat

original.gif

:(

bjb

Banned
Or how about that sexual assaulter on the other side?

lol

I don't think Crabtree is even being charged. Meanwhile Ray Lewis has ruined two lives. In addition to a mother that is still trying to cope with her son being dead:

The Lollars have not been able to watch Lewis play on TV, and they maintain that his money and power gave him an advantage at trial.

"How can you understand something that is senseless?" Priscilla Lollar said. "There was no justice in anything. ..."

"I never did acknowledge (my son) being dead until last year," she said this week. "I wouldn't have wanted to live. I always felt that he was in Atlanta and he would be home soon and would call me soon. It was like that for years."

Should really make a thread about the story. It's pretty heartbreaking.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You guys are pretty exactly what the Colts were in Manning's last few years there. Polian was missing bad in the draft and Peyton was carrying a pretty leaky team that year after year played a soft schedule.

I don't think they've missed as bad as people make it out though. I think Gronk, Hernandez, Ridley, Spikes, Mayo are all damn good picks. The problem is these players are ridiculously fragile. Gronk and Hernandez are good to miss a good chunk of games a year, Spikes misses just about every practice on the season, Mayo has been solid the last 2 years thankfully, but before that had the issue with his knees. That's where the team gets really leaky. They need some continuity on the team, and again when the team is built up so much around 1 player (outside of the QB obviously) it spells disaster. Randy Moss simply couldn't work without Welker in 09 when they got absolutely destroyed by the Ravens. The offense really couldn't get going consistently this year until Gronk got over his hip issue. Other than that they're a solid offense, but they're only top 10. When 100% they're like the Packers of last year until Jennings went down, which was unstoppable. Problem is when one thing goes wrong, the defense gets horribly exposed.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Falcons fan got stabbed by a niners fan today? WTF

Sounds like it was a fight that escalated:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...bed-throat-49ers-fan-loss-005424158--nfl.html

According to WSB-TV reporter Rachel Stockman, witnesses reported that a Falcons fan punched a 49er fan, who in turn pulled a knife and either cut or stabbed the Falcons fan in the neck. Details such as the exact individuals involved in the incident and the victim's condition are not yet known. The victim was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital.

squicken

Only difference is Irsay moved quickly and dumped Polian. I don't see Kraft firing Belichick until a good 5 years after he should have.

Transition to Luck was easy, and of course he had a 2-14 year to point to. No reason to think the Pats won't coast to 12-4 next year. Division is shit year after year

Just glad we got some change. No Mannings. No Brady. No Steelers. First SB in a long time w/o established "elite" QB

eznark

Banned
Hopefully. I've never seen a city of underdogs so incapable of handling success with some class in my life.

It's not a city of underdogs, it's a city of losers. All the successful people make the couple hour drive to NY leaving the sad sack low lifes behind. It's a city of never will be's who are bitter that they can't hack it in the city they so desperately crave to be.

Godslay

Banned
Transition to Luck was easy, and of course he had a 2-14 year to point to. No reason to think the Pats won't coast to 12-4 next year. Division is shit year after year

Just glad we got some change. No Mannings. No Brady. No Steelers. First SB in a long time w/o established "elite" QB

I think it will be a fun Superbowl myself. Nothing wrong with some change.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Only difference is Irsay moved quickly and dumped Polian. I don't see Kraft firing Belichick until a good 5 years after he should have.

This is the hyperbole again. I hate that I'm getting looped in as the average "boston" fan, but this is the same exact hyperbole that Boston fans do all the time that makes me sick. People called in all last year when the pats went on a little slide calling for Belichick to be fired. Making the SB, then an AFC title game is irrelevant? Don't take this as an attack, because I think Mike Tomlin is one of the better coaches in the league, but what do you evaluate him as after a 1 and done to Tebow, and then a no show the next year? If you want to pin it on age and injuries, there's your answer to the pats as well.

harSon

Banned
:D Is that all you're going to give us for a Ravens vs Niners superbowl match? Or did I miss some posts of yours already?

I'm spent dude.

I received 37 text messages from friends and co-workers. And my Facebook page is literally filled with Niners related shit for pages.

I deserve it for all the shit talking I've done over the years, but it's annoying none the less.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

This isn't a meltdown, but it's a good thing the celts went back to losing. Been talking about this with a friend of mine. They have to get trade talks rolling again, they have two awful contracts that need to be dumped in Jeff Green and Courtney Lee (could make a case for bass), and they need a big man. Other than that I think the east is wide open if they get a big. Similar to the NFL though, the West is simply too dominant.

TheFatOne

he said hes gonna ship guys out if they dont step up

not like that but similar

I can't blame Doc for flipping out. He has the most unlikeable guys on his team. It must be a nightmare trying to manage the egos. Who would have thought that Doc would turn out to be such a great coach.
All you really need is a monster pass rush to win.If the Pats had one the secondary and defense would be a lot better.1 or 2 more players.

Hard to get that elite talent though. I think the secondary is fine if they can keep Talib. Dennard showed some real potential. Love how aggressive he is.

Lunchbox

Banned
Hopefully. I've never seen a city of underdogs so incapable of handling success with some class in my life.
city of underdogs?

x3 superbowls
x2 world series
Stanley cup
nba championship

in one decade. what ever hillbilly Midwestern village you are from will stay irrelevant and only celebrate when we lose at championship games your irrelevant teams will never make it to in your life time

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
It's not a city of underdogs, it's a city of losers. All the successful people make the couple hour drive to NY leaving the sad sack low lifes behind. It's a city of never will be's who are bitter that they can't hack it in the city they so desperately crave to be.

Never has a truer word been written.

boingball

Wow, both visiting teams one. Great job Ravens shutting up the Patriots (and great talking Terrel Suggs).

I prefer the 49ers over the Ravens, but I wouldn't mind if the Ravens win, this is probably their last shot for a while at a Superbowl, whereas the 49ers are a young team and have a bright future (though with the Seahawks in the division it will be a tough fight just to win the division). (Obviously this all depends on whether Kaepernick and/or Wilson show that they are not just one season qbs.)

Top Bottom