• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Joe-Flacco.jpg

Remember this GAF not long ago?

Still mad about the Manning choke :(

I've been begging for this, but I just don't see Bill swallowing his pride. They also still need a legitimate #1 CB. Dennard can be a solid #2 from what he's shown, but without Talib the defense was a joke. Arrington belongs in the CFL and McCourty isn't horrible at safety where he should stay. Talib probably walks though, and even if he stayed he's fairly injury prone.

I wouldn't mind just resigning Talib and going with the Talib/Dennard pairing. I think that there's a good chance that Talib gets overpaid by another team though, which means the pats are going to drat another bust of a CB in the second round.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They started emphasizing weapons on offense and putting their money there. I think Bill's ego made him think he could coach anyone to play defense.

I disagree. Look at the draft record. In fact the entire offense was built from 2 drafts and a lucky pickup from the dolphins in Welker. Ridley last year, Gronk and Hernandez 2 years ago. This year they traded up multiple times to nab Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, and then took Tavon. The years leading up to this have just been disastrous with drafting DBs- Wilhite, Butler, McCourty, Dowling, Wheatley, Big Bang Clock, etc.

TheFatOne

I would love to get Romeo back.

With Justin Houston.

02gronk.jpg

Romeo is not walking through that door. I would give my left nut for the Pats to have a real DC again. Along with better coaches for the secondary. Love Belichick, and what he did for the franchise. His ego is way to large now, and Kraft is going to have to step in.

squicken

I disagree. Look at the draft record. In fact the entire offense was built from 2 drafts and a lucky pickup from the dolphins in Welker. Ridley last year, Gronk and Hernandez 2 years ago. This year they traded up multiple times to nab Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, and then took Tavon. The years leading up to this have just been disastrous with drafting DBs- Wilhite, Butler, McCourty, Dowling, Wheatley, Big Bang Clock, etc.

You guys are pretty exactly what the Colts were in Manning's last few years there. Polian was missing bad in the draft and Peyton was carrying a pretty leaky team that year after year played a soft schedule.

TheFatOne

Hightower not looking so good now, huh?
He is going to be a good solid player. Needs to cut some weight, but I'm not sure he has the speed to cover guys. Still a good pick. They just need another DE to go along with Jones, and another guy inside to go with Wilfork. They also desperately need faster linebackers. They have the same guy in all three spots.
You guys are pretty exactly what the Colts were in Manning's last few years there. Polian was missing bad in the draft and Peyton was carrying a pretty leaky team that year after year played a soft schedule.

This is a fair assessment. I think I'm going to stop posting now. Reading my posts I'm not making any real sense. Will post when I'm not depressed.

Only difference is Irsay moved quickly and dumped Polian. I don't see Kraft firing Belichick until a good 5 years after he should have.

Top Bottom