• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Tom Penny

Momentum is really a tough thing to capture, and though you can't really explain it, you can absolutely sense it. That sense came on strong as I'm sure it did for everyone when Welker dropped the wide open pass. It played out pretty similar to the SB last year, only it took a little longer to happen. After that it was 2010 against the jets all over again.

It was a terrible loss. Believe me I was there but at the end of the day they didn't play good enough. I know that much. It wasn't like 1 player or something. You don't show up you get beat. This is the NFL. It isn't a series so it is what it is.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What 2nd year QB has ever played as well as Kap is playing right now? Certainly none have performed as well in the playoffs.

Narag

Yeah, I was impressed by that gameplan. Playcalling too, apart from that one bizarre drive in the 4th where, up by 15, they called 3 passes and went 3 and out.

Thought I saw something like his offense was averaging 500+ yards/game after he took over.

Crap no more "he ran track in high school!", or "there's his signature spin move!"? :-(

He needs to go get paid in someone's 4-3. Don't think he adjusted well this year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Don't take it too personally, Dutch. Your dudes are the villains of the NFL. They were really good for a while, which already made them hateable... then they got caught cheating and immediately went 16-0, which elevated them to a new level of professional sports villainy.

As long as Belicheck and Brady are there, you just gotta carry that weight!

I completely understand this, and I hate people sitting there and flipping it right back around, because it's like children, so I can get with that, but my problem lies more within the discussion of football or sports in general. I'm not bitter about this loss, I'm really not, it wasn't a great season for the pats. There were ups, there were downs, but it never quite came together and even if they had won I don't think they would've stood much of a chance against the 49ers. Talib was down, Gronk was down, Welker still has stone hands, Lloyd still falls to the ground, Ridley still fumbles, etc...

The problem is statements like Flacco being elite, and look everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as a football fan how can you call him elite? Really? He's struggled throughout the playoffs to maintain that 50% completion. And you hear these stupid arguments like "oh he beat Brady and Manning along the way to get it!" So did Sanchez, the same guy who is destroyed on this same forum, and back then people were having similar conversations in these threads.

It's not frustrating as a Boston fan, but as a sports fan. I like to look at it level headed and you have two sides "oh well this guy is a thug, and the refs were bullshit" and then the other side "you mad". I went on a similar rant after we beat the texans back in december, because building up it was going to be the game that pats get exposed as "frauds", but instead of saying, well ok maybe the pats are a solid team, they call the texans frauds and make excuses.

squicken

Maybe we all owe Jim Caldwell a bit of an apology?

Kravitz at the Indy paper said Polian was pulling all the strings while he was the coach. Polian's idea to rest the starters and not chase 16-0, etc. Wondered what Caldwell could have done w/ that oversight, but his college record is really poor fwiw

I completely understand this, and I hate people sitting there and flipping it right back around, because it's like children, so I can get with that, but my problem lies more within the discussion of football or sports in general. I'm not bitter about this loss, I'm really not, it wasn't a great season for the pats. There were ups, there were downs, but it never quite came together and even if they had won I don't think they would've stood much of a chance against the 49ers. Talib was down, Gronk was down, Welker still has stone hands, Lloyd still falls to the ground, Ridley still fumbles, etc...

The problem is statements like Flacco being elite, and look everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as a football fan how can you call him elite? Really? He's struggled throughout the playoffs to maintain that 50% completion. And you hear these stupid arguments like "oh he beat Brady and Manning along the way to get it!" So did Sanchez, the same guy who is destroyed on this same forum, and back then people were having similar conversations in these threads.

It's not frustrating as a Boston fan, but as a sports fan. I like to look at it level headed and you have two sides "oh well this guy is a thug, and the refs were bullshit" and then the other side "you mad". I went on a similar rant after we beat the texans back in december, because building up it was going to be the game that pats get exposed as "frauds", but instead of saying, well ok maybe the pats are a solid team, they call the texans frauds and make excuses.
I don't think anyone seriously thinks Flacco is elite, except for maybe that weird Ravens fan that totally isn't Larry's alt account.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
We got it back in the end, but yes I can't stand it here. Would love to move back to WA, but since that's not going to ever happen, I'll just setup camp here and be bitter and ruin everyone else's happiness in the neighborhood. Especially when they're being dumb fucks and blocking the road while I'm trying to get home from grocery shopping.

Not that WA isn't nice, but you're the first person I've met that hates living in the bay area.

Top Bottom