• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

TheFatOne

I completely understand this, and I hate people sitting there and flipping it right back around, because it's like children, so I can get with that, but my problem lies more within the discussion of football or sports in general. I'm not bitter about this loss, I'm really not, it wasn't a great season for the pats. There were ups, there were downs, but it never quite came together and even if they had won I don't think they would've stood much of a chance against the 49ers. Talib was down, Gronk was down, Welker still has stone hands, Lloyd still falls to the ground, Ridley still fumbles, etc...

The problem is statements like Flacco being elite, and look everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as a football fan how can you call him elite? Really? He's struggled throughout the playoffs to maintain that 50% completion. And you hear these stupid arguments like "oh he beat Brady and Manning along the way to get it!" So did Sanchez, the same guy who is destroyed on this same forum, and back then people were having similar conversations in these threads.

It's not frustrating as a Boston fan, but as a sports fan. I like to look at it level headed and you have two sides "oh well this guy is a thug, and the refs were bullshit" and then the other side "you mad". I went on a similar rant after we beat the texans back in december, because building up it was going to be the game that pats get exposed as "frauds", but instead of saying, well ok maybe the pats are a solid team, they call the texans frauds and make excuses.
I feel like I'm the only Pats fan who listens to Squicken. I remember asking him what he thought about Lloyd, and he described him perfectly. I knew what he was, and I am 100% ok with it. Lloyd made some plays today, and got open. Pats need to switch the focal point of the offense. I think they rely on Welker far too much. He is still a great player, but when the games get more physical it's easier to take him out in the playoffs. Still love Welker to death, but him getting 100+ catches a year actually hurts the offense in the long run IMO. He isn't always going to be that productive especially in the playoffs. I can't blame Ridley on that fumble.

I really hope the Pats sign Talib. Sure he is going to be expensive, but I saw what it was like having at least one solid corner. I don't want them to go back like they used to be. If I had to sign one guy I would let Welker go, and sign Talib. If I can take any positives from the game it would be Dennard. I thought he had a nice game, and is one of the bright spots for the Pats defense in the future. My only fear is that Pats corners for whatever reason become shit after showing signs the first year. Still lots of things to look forward to next season. Jones and Dennard are the two things I'm the most excited about.

JCizzle

lovebirds.gif

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Oh yeah. Some reason I thought they won his first year. So it was the 2nd year where the defense carried them to the SB. Ben had a few good drives but performed poorly on the whole.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I feel like I'm the only Pats fan who listens to Squicken. I remember asking him what he thought about Lloyd, and he described him perfectly. I knew what he was, and I am 100% ok with it. Lloyd made some plays today, and got open. Pats need to switch the focal point of the offense. I think they rely on Welker far too much. He is still a great player, but when the games get more physical it's easier to take him out in the playoffs. Still love Welker to death, but him getting 100+ catches a year actually hurts the offense in the long run IMO. He isn't always going to be that productive especially in the playoffs. I can't blame Ridley on that fumble.

I really hope the Pats sign Talib. Sure he is going to be expensive, but I saw what it was like having at least one solid corner. I don't want them to go back like they used to be. If I had to sign one guy I would let Welker go, and sign Talib. If I can take any positives from the game it would be Dennard. I thought he had a nice game, and is one of the bright spots for the Pats defense in the future. My only fear is that Pats corners for whatever reason become shit after showing signs the first year. Still lots of things to look forward to next season. Jones and Dennard are the two things I'm the most excited about.

Jones is definitely an interesting prospect, but Talib is troublesome given his injury history and troubled past. He'll cost a ton. Yeah and Dennard was very exciting, but he'll probably catch the Butler/McCourty bug. As for Lloyd I'm not saying it's a problem when full strength with Gronk out there as he can exploit single coverage, but as a top flight option he's not enough, and neither is Welker.

TheFatOne

I'm kind of happy with this loss. Moves need to be made, and this helps cement that. They desperately need a big man and to drop a handful of contracts.
Who is available though? I know there was Cousins talk earlier. I think they should just start the rebuild. Even with a big they aren't making it. It sucks but sooner or later they have to rebuild.

Fox318

RISE UP!
RISE UP!
RISE UP!
RISE UP!
RISE UP!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

fuck you mike smith you white haired bitch you have no idea how to win in the playoffs, fuck you falcons defense why didn't you stop kap if you knew what we were going to run, fuck you julio jones you fucking ugly bitch you look like the predator fucked a black hick should've pushed off on that last 4th down like you were doing all game thats the only way you got open, fuck you roddy white we didn't miss you fucking fraud, fuck you tony gonzalez you old fucking bitch go retire already no one gives a fuck you career loser, fuck you michael turner you fat fucking pig can't believe you'd jay cutler an NFC title game, fuck you arthur blank you fucking big nosed douchebag you can't buy a championship and you have no idea what it takes to put together a winning organization, fuck you mike "vanilla" nolan you sorry bitch i felt like i was watching the 2007 niners defense out there today with you costing the team time and time again that's why you'll never be a head coach go get a sponsporship deal with the mens wearhouse you dumb ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, fuck you matt ryan you fucking career choker you dont have what it takes to win in this league and you never will GET THE FUCK OFF OUR FIELD YOU SORRY ASS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH, fuck you refs you dont call holding on the falcons you dont call obvious push offs on jones you dont call pick plays on roddy white you dont overturn a call that is clearly not a catch suck our dicks, fuck the city of atlanta a true fucking dump with awful music and fairweather fans niners fans infiltrated your shitty stadium and took control like you knew we would, and finally fuck you neogaf YOU CAN PUT THE FORUMS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE ALL YOU WANT BUT YOU CAN NEVER SILENCE 49ERS-AGE!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Who is available though? I know there was Cousins talk earlier. I think they should just start the rebuild. Even with a big they aren't making it. It sucks but sooner or later they have to rebuild.

Meh the east is wide open right now, and the heat can't rebound. I wouldn't mind moving Rondo, and I'd do anything for them to be able to dump JG and Courtney Lee's contracts. There's a lot of different names popping up, but the cheapest solid option would have to be Gortat.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
It would be if they were not caught cheating. Yea I'm sounding like a spoiled fan, but it's the truth. I can't just sit back here and say the cameras didn't help when they have not produced when it mattered the most. Sure they lost on some great plays against the Giants, but the gameplan going in was fucking terrible. I mean a safety to start the fucking game last year was embarrassing. How unprepared do you have to be to start a Super Bowl with a fucking safety. Belichick is still a great coach. Brady is still a great QB. They don't have any legitimately won super bowls, and that's a fact.

Today is the day I finally met a respectable Patriots fan. I'd couldn't be this honest about my own team.

Jones is definitely an interesting prospect, but Talib is troublesome given his injury history and troubled past. He'll cost a ton. Yeah and Dennard was very exciting, but he'll probably catch the Butler/McCourty bug. As for Lloyd I'm not saying it's a problem when full strength with Gronk out there as he can exploit single coverage, but as a top flight option he's not enough, and neither is Welker.

Jones looks like a stud.He just doesnt have anyone to take pressure off of him.Im not sure if Welker would be a good fit anywhere else though.Talib totally changed this defense,so if they have to sign one I think they should go with Talib.

Dennard has been an absolute steal in the 7th round; hopefully our CB coach doesn't help induce a sophomore slump.

Derrick01

Banned
Also, Flacco isn't elite, but he's well above average. Especially with the game he played tonight.

He's like what Rex "fuck it I'm going deep" Grossman wishes he could have been. He has good receivers that have the hidden ability to somehow turn corners and safeties into bumbling morons who never played a snap of pro ball before so he can just chuck it deep 6 times a game and look a hundred times better than he really is. When they take away that deep ball in the regular season he turns into the 5.0 QBR Flacco we're used to seeing.

Don't worry at least one person will get stabbed. Don't need to buy a return flight for all 3.
FMT's Niner superfan status coupled with Larry's Raven superfan status grants the entire party stab immunity. Have you even played a RPG

The one where he's afraid of the ref is good too.
He looked like he wanted to use the ref as a human shield, and the ref said "Kraft isn't paying me enough, I'm out".

Top Bottom