• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

TheFatOne

Jones looks like a stud.He just doesnt have anyone to take pressure off of him.Im not sure if Welker would be a good fit anywhere else though.Talib totally changed this defense,so if they have to sign one I think they should go with Talib.

Jones does look like a stud, but he needs more pass rush moves. His spin is laughable. Needs to work on counters, and setting guys up with his athleticism. I do believe he has a chance to be an elite pass rusher. I love the way Jones plays as well. Always hustles. Like msdstc said Talibs injury history is worrisome, but I would sign him in a heart beat. I think McCourty is going to improve. Now he has one full season at safety, and he knows that next year he is going to be a safety. I feel pretty good about the starting corners if Talib is back. I also feel pretty damn good about the draft. The last few drafts have been money.

I want to give McDaniels credit this season. He really did stick with the run, and it's going to be huge for the Pats in the long run. When is Woodheads contract up? I would be sad to see him go. I think he is the perfect role player for the Pats.

I completely understand this, and I hate people sitting there and flipping it right back around, because it's like children, so I can get with that, but my problem lies more within the discussion of football or sports in general. I'm not bitter about this loss, I'm really not, it wasn't a great season for the pats. There were ups, there were downs, but it never quite came together and even if they had won I don't think they would've stood much of a chance against the 49ers. Talib was down, Gronk was down, Welker still has stone hands, Lloyd still falls to the ground, Ridley still fumbles, etc...

The problem is statements like Flacco being elite, and look everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as a football fan how can you call him elite? Really? He's struggled throughout the playoffs to maintain that 50% completion. And you hear these stupid arguments like "oh he beat Brady and Manning along the way to get it!" So did Sanchez, the same guy who is destroyed on this same forum, and back then people were having similar conversations in these threads.

It's not frustrating as a Boston fan, but as a sports fan. I like to look at it level headed and you have two sides "oh well this guy is a thug, and the refs were bullshit" and then the other side "you mad". I went on a similar rant after we beat the texans back in december, because building up it was going to be the game that pats get exposed as "frauds", but instead of saying, well ok maybe the pats are a solid team, they call the texans frauds and make excuses.
Sports makes people crazy. And stupid. And people are crazy enough as it is. It's like Pats fans booing Vinateri every time he comes through. It's Boston fans shitting on Buckner. It's your average Philadelphia fan on any given day week. Don't take it personally.

eznark

Banned
That win doesnt count.The Vikings didnt even have a QB the entire game.

sSNgZ.gif

Narag

FMT, BLarry, and Rors? This is getting expensive, and that doesn't even include the film crew.

we need a bigger budget, Narag.

Thinking comedy-action movie now where the fallout of Rors' disappearance last year doing secret art thief stuff catches up to him when he's recognized in New Orleans and FMT & Blarry get caught up in it all. Will they support their teams and go watch the big game or will they support their friend and help him save a work of priceless art?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He's like what Rex "fuck it I'm going deep" Grossman wishes he could have been. He has good receivers that have the hidden ability to somehow turn corners and safeties into bumbling morons who never played a snap of pro ball before so he can just chuck it deep 6 times a game and look a hundred times better than he really is. When they take away that deep ball in the regular season he turns into the 5.0 QBR Flacco we're used to seeing.

Except tonight (aka when it counted) he had a better than average completion percentage and no picks. He threw plenty of great passes too.

Not saying he's elite, but he's not Dilfer. He's a good QB, not great and definitely not shit.

...watch him throw 4 INTs in a couple weeks

Thinking comedy-action movie now where the fallout of Rors' disappearance last year doing secret art thief stuff catches up to him when he's recognized in New Orleans and FMT & Blarry get caught up in it all. Will they support their teams and go watch the big game or will they support their friend and help him save a work of priceless art?
:jnc

They already made a movie about Rors.

Zero
Dark
Thirty

You should check it out!

Jones does look like a stud, but he needs more pass rush moves. His spin is laughable. Needs to work on counters, and setting guys up with his athleticism. I do believe he has a chance to be an elite pass rusher. I love the way Jones plays as well. Always hustles. Like msdstc said Talibs injury history is worrisome, but I would sign him in a heart beat. I think McCourty is going to improve. Now he has one full season at safety, and he knows that next year he is going to be a safety. I feel pretty good about the starting corners if Talib is back. I also feel pretty damn good about the draft. The last few drafts have been money.

I want to give McDaniels credit this season. He really did stick with the run, and it's going to be huge for the Pats in the long run. When is Woodheads contract up? I would be sad to see him go. I think he is the perfect role player for the Pats.

The offense will be good for years,with the TE's and RB's,just need some receivers who can make plays.I like their chances next year.They should have a good draft and the defense should be improved.Doesn't hurt that the division is bad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sports makes people crazy. And stupid. And people are crazy enough as it is. It's like Pats fans booing Vinateri every time he comes through. It's Boston fans shitting on Buckner. It's your average Philadelphia fan on any given day week. Don't take it personally.

I agree with you on everything but Buckner. Buckner has really become popular in the past few years.

Almost a perfect day of football besides puking my brains out all day. Was it just a fever dream or did the Falcons fuck up and choke again? That team is never going to get near a Lombardi. Now I have to suck it up and root for a muderer to win it. Thanks, Matty Ice

I shouldn't doubt Sunhi's brilliance, but I hope to God Evil Harbaugh's reaction to the challenge was GIFed

Top Bottom