• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

untitled-6kmrm7.gif

Harbaugh really is a man child isn't he?

That fucker broke NeoGAF.
Yeah I was trying to get on just to see the reaction and it was down.

I think that's my favorite Evil Harbaugh moment yet. He puts his hand above his head like he's a woman from the Victorian era fainting and then proceeds to stomp around like a kid who didn't get his cake. Amazing. I'm almost glad they won just to see how he reacts for another week.

Fantomex

First off Congratulations to FMT and Baltimore Larry. Second of all.

THANK YOU BERNARD POLLARD, THE PATRIOT KILLER for being super awesome. For hitting people so hard they wouldn't catch the ball in the fourth quarter for the fear of eating soup through a tube for the rest of their lives. Thank you Joe Flacco, for being great, when you had every opportunity to be horrible. Thank You Anquain Bolden, for being great even though your mother gave you such a horrible name. I'm sure it provided the toughness that made you the man you are today. Thank you Tom Brady, for those looks of disbelief, that you have provided my phins for many many years. I have DVR'ed them this night, and they brought me great laughter and joy as I replayed them. Thank You for also refusing to run four yards, and showing your true colors. Leadership starts from the top. Thank you Wes Welker for wussing out, and pretending everything was cool so they'd keep throwing it your way, even though you developed T-Rex arms. Thank You Boston fans, for being racist, cowardly, dumb and east coast rednecks in disguise. This makes it easy to justify my joy from your tears. They are sweet and plentiful this night. Let us hope the domestic violence calls are few to nonexistent in Boston this day. Thank You Baltimore Ravens for providing a SuperBowl where I can root for either team, because they both would make great champs.

bill-stare-12-16-12.gif

Oh, speaking of that hit, did the commentators not realize Ridley was unconscious, or are they discouraged from bringing that up? He was clearly knocked out for a good 20 seconds. But they were discussing the fumble as if he was aware when he hit the ball into his leg.

Did it suddenly become ok to route for injuring players?

No one is rooting for injuries. Shit, I like Ridley! Had him on my fantasy team. Somebody post that pic of him with a backpack and spaceman boots! You gotta like him.

But the hit was stunning, and at an amazing time. It was like the Jedeveon Clowney hit (although not as impressive), in that it was just a phenomenal collision.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No one is rooting for injuries. Shit, I like Ridley! Had him on my fantasy team. Somebody post that pic of him with a backpack and spaceman boots! You gotta like him.

But the hit was stunning, and at an amazing time. It was like the Jedeveon Clowney hit (although not as impressive), in that it was just a phenomenal collision.

So you getting excited he was stumbling as he walked off the field isn't cheering it? Ok lol. Yay he's damaged his brain! Very nice.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's some scummy shit. Anyone cheering for him is giving tacit approval to the degradation of the integrity of the game.

I actually agree with this... I have no idea what was going on in that play, would like to hear his thought on that.

And it should be noted: Ridley injured himself. All Pollard did was stand his ground against a ball carrier who lowered his head.

The take away from this: offensive players have to take responsibility for their own safety.

eznark

Banned
I'm definitely cheering for Brady to get injured, same with every Saints defender and Suh. I you are playing with the intent to injure Id like your career ended.

And it should be noted: Ridley injured himself. All Pollard did was stand his ground against a ball carrier who lowered his head.

The take away from this: offensive players have to take responsibility for their own safety.

And when you watch the hit, Pollard goes down hard too. It was brutal, and I was generally concerned for Ridley at the bottom of the scrum. But when he was walking off the field, I figured he was ok. I don't support injuries, I support big, influential hits. And I'm done arguing this.

I'm definitely cheering for Brady to get injured, same with every Saints defender and Suh. I you are playing with the intent to injure Id like your career ended.

what brady did is 100 times worse than a defender doing an illegal hit because QB's are afforded a great deal of protection. so not only is he using that protection, but he knows he can use those protections AND get a cheap shot in on an opponent with no repercussions. at least if a defender gives a cheap shot he's going to get flagged

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He was trying to destroy Reed's knee, it's pretty clear.

I agree it looks pretty dirty... only thing I can say is Brady doesn't have a history of trying to hurt anybody, so I'm gonna assume he saw Ed coming for him and didn't want to get hit? Really I can't say much looks really dirty to me. Again I don't cheer for this shit, I don't want to see anybody get seriously hurt... that shirt getting excited about devastating injuries with gronk, Welker, and Brady, seriously turns my stomach.

JABEE

He was trying to destroy Reed's knee, it's pretty clear.

Exactly. He's a dirty player that has never won a legitimate championship. The only reason he doesn't get penalized for this shit is because he's the face of the league. Same reason the NFL burned evidence of their systematic taping system. The Patriots winning is good for business. The NFL's newest dynasty being tainted by systemic cheating is bad for business.

The Rams, Eagles, Panthers, and any team the Patriots beat before 2007 were just victims of this cheating. It's a shame the NFL values money more than they value justice and the integrity of the game. It really puts a damper on the romanticized narrative of the game we all love.

The Patriots stole that from us all. It's something that can never be given back. It will never be right again.

I agree it looks pretty dirty... only thing I can say is Brady doesn't have a history of trying to hurt anybody, so I'm gonna assume he saw Ed coming for him and didn't want to get hit? Really I can't say much looks really dirty to me. Again I don't cheer for this shit, I don't want to see anybody get seriously hurt... that shirt getting excited about devastating injuries with gronk, Welker, and Brady, seriously turns my stomach.

if ed went into his leg full speed, brady would have had something broken

Top Bottom