• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Miguel

I'm really starting to get tired of everyone I know saying they're going to root for the Niners because Jacoby Jones is in the Super Bowl.

Get over it, there was a good chance Dunta Robinson, Trindon Holliday, Tramon Williams, Joel Dreessen, Bernard Pollard and/or Vonta Leech were going to make it.

THRILLH0

Banned
33709480.jpg

MechDX

So lets think for a second:

Ravens beat Patriots
Patriots beat Texans
Texans beat Ravens

Texans best team in AFC!! Fuck you Schaub!

Drakeon

I'm really starting to get tired of everyone I know saying they're going to root for the Niners because Jacoby Jones is in the Super Bowl.

Get over it, there was a good chance Dunta Robinson, Trindon Holliday, Tramon Williams, Joel Dreessen, Bernard Pollard and/or Vonta Leech were going to make it.

Probably has something to do with the fact that he has seemingly done well with the Ravens and was mostly a fuckup with the Texans.

Tabris

Ravens aren't the best team in the AFC. Broncos were/are.

Now Ray Lewis-retiring Ravens are the best team in football.

No one stood a chance. He has god on his side.

Denver would've beat the Pats and steamrolled the Niners. Imo they were the best team in the league. Just a complete fluke of a loss with that 70 yard bomb to end the first half. Gotta feel for Manning, he knows this would have been an easy road to his second ring.

Seanspeed

Banned
brady was just scared shitless so he put his footup.
Thats really what it was. Had a dude incoming on him quick and put up his foot instinctively for protection. Brady isn't dirty and the people villifying him are hilarious and just taking advantage of a good time to show some good ole Patriots hate.

Pats were hurt and didn't have a great game. We're still a better team, I think. If we can be healthy next year, watch out.

Fantomex

I think it's pretty sick though, because hearing Ridley was out for 20 seconds is VERY concerning. I had a chance to meet the guy at a meet and greet and he was one of the nicer more soft spoken people. I hope to god he doesn't have any serious damage in there, not for our teams sake, but for the future and quality of his life. I also was sickened at the thought of that Brady slide and had a serious conversation about it, but obviously it got lost in the shuffle and I hope it doesn't get buried and we can talk about what happened... I really don't see Brady willfully injuring someone, and hell I don't think Pollard did, but that shirt? That's sick shit, and it's really a bitch move.

See that's your problem right there. This is like the Godfather. "This is business, it's not personal". You made it personal. Noone here means half of what they say man. This is believe or not still part of the INTERNET.

Narag

You are a man among boys sir!

texans avatar...lost
Falcons avatar...lost
Seahawks avatar...lost
Broncos avatar...lost
Patriots avatar...lost

Im on a fucking roll!

As a Texans fan, it's ordained your NFL season can only end in disappointment. Ravens already won :(

god bless you heavy!

Sorry I didn't mean it, those posts are fine. Gl to your team
I think Jim is a huge d-bag and a jerk but the rest of that team (minus rapetree) are a likable bunch, especially Kaep and the D.

On the other side you have Ray Lewis who's just so obnoxious it's hard to put into words, but the rest of that team is fine. Ray just kills it with his antics

I guess I'm upset because it's difficult to root for either team when they have personalities like the above that are so unlikable. Harbaugh having a meltdown when that call was overturned really came off bad and d-baggy.

You are a man among boys sir!

texans avatar...lost
Falcons avatar...lost
Seahawks avatar...lost
Broncos avatar...lost
Patriots avatar...lost

Im on a fucking roll!
Awwwwwwwww ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttt
Well well

So the NFL gets their beloved "storyline" after all. Fuck this.
It's what I've always wanted since last year's special teams disasters. Now it's happening.

I'm crying tears of joy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Thats really what it was. Had a dude incoming on him quick and put up his foot instinctively for protection. Brady isn't dirty and the people villifying him are hilarious and just taking advantage of a good time to show some good ole Patriots hate.

Pats were hurt and didn't have a great game. We're still a better team, I think. If we can be healthy next year, watch out.

This is what I'm hoping it was. I however was hoping Brady got up and checked on Reed given they have quite a mutual respect for one another. I'm hoping it wasn't dirty, that's simply not who Brady is, but who knows I don't blame people for questioning it, but again lets not root for the injuries of other players, regardless of the team they're on... pretty sick stuff.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
See that's your problem right there. This is like the Godfather. "This is business, it's not personal". You made it personal. Noone here means half of what they say man. This is believe or not still part of the INTERNET.

99.9% of this thread agrees with me when they're not ravenous or it's not a pats game... it is a business, but it's also a game, and at the end of the day these people are human beings. You're in the GREAT minority here if you think most of the people share this mindset... just take a look when someone came in cheering Gronks injury. I'm surprised at the ridley reaction and the pollard shirt reaction, given how they reacted to the Gronk situation.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This white knighting reminds me of a guy that was trying to shame me for laughing about Lovie Smith getting fired.

"How dare you laugh about a man losing his job, and so close to Christmas!"

Fantomex

99.9% of this thread agrees with me when they're not ravenous or it's not a pats game... it is a business, but it's also a game, and at the end of the day these people are human beings. You're in the GREAT minority here if you think most of the people share this mindset... just take a look when someone came in cheering Gronks injury. I'm surprised at the ridley reaction and the pollard shirt reaction, given how they reacted to the Gronk situation.

If there are people who really want for players to get hurt, nothing you or I say will change their mentality. It's just better to shake your head and move on. That's what I do.

That Matt Ryan fumble is haunting me

:(

Can't cheer for the Ravens :/

This year's Superbowl (as is the case in most years) is a meteor bowl.
Let's just get this shit over with.

10 Fucking Yards from the Superbowl man!
We made too many mistakes. Fuck.

I guess if I have to choose a side I'm with the Ravens.
I would go Niners to keep the tradition of Falcons losing to Superbowl winners intact, but seeing Harbaugh throw that temper tantrum like an infant on the sideline filled me with disgust.

His handshake to Schwartz, his handshakes in general are super short and standoffish. His blowing up on the sidelines dropping tons of profanity, just going insane like bobby knight. These types of things...
His handshake to Schwartz was a just a nice clean manly handshake. Schwartz was pissed off because Harbaugh loves giving good strong handshakes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If there are people who really want for players to get hurt, nothing you or I say will change their mentality. It's just better to shake your head and move on. That's what I do.

I'm just saying that it's sick that fans of it are using this time, because right now everyone is united in their hate, and this stuff gets a pass, because it's open season. Saying you DVRd a guy walking into a wall, because of a head injury and kept watching it, is twisted.

Someone needs to take Russel Wilson aside and explain to him the importance of divisional rivalries.

If it were Pats-Bears in the Super Bowl, my order of preference would be Meteor >> Tammy High-Heels >>>>> Bears.

Link

The Autumn Wind
There's nothing better than a Super Bowl where you don't care who wins. Get to just sit back and enjoy the game.

His handshake to Schwartz was a just a nice clean manly handshake. Schwartz was pissed off because Harbaugh loves giving good strong handshakes.
He basically ran into him running and was way too cocky about the win. When you see a tennis match (just a random example, could be any sport) and someone gets a big win you see them celebrate and drop to their knees and yell and so on... this is all fine. But when both players go up to the net does the winner still jump around and yell like an idiot? No, he shakes hands cordially and says good game and so on.

Fantomex

Sorry I didn't mean it, those posts are fine. Gl to your team
I think Jim is a huge d-bag and a jerk but the rest of that team (minus rapetree) are a likable bunch, especially Kaep and the D.

On the other side you have Ray Lewis who's just so obnoxious it's hard to put into words, but the rest of that team is fine. Ray just kills it with his antics

I guess I'm upset because it's difficult to root for either team when they have personalities like the above that are so unlikable. Harbaugh having a meltdown when that call was overturned really came off bad and d-baggy.

Seriously, what is Harbaugh's problem? is he as much of a jerk and asshole as he come off or just very passionate & competitive?

Umm, are you talking about Ray Lewis and Jim Harbaugh or Tom Brady?

bradySTEAMINmad.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
This year's Superbowl (as is the case in most years) is a meteor bowl.
Let's just get this shit over with.

10 Fucking Yards from the Superbowl man!
We made too many mistakes. Fuck.

I guess if I have to choose a side I'm with the Ravens.
I would go Niners to keep the tradition of Falcons losing to Superbowl winners intact, but seeing Harbaugh throw that temper tantrum like an infant on the sideline filled me with disgust.

How the fuck did HD fall on that play?

FMT was right, Nolan is basura.

Top Bottom