• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Tabris

Denver would've beat the Pats and steamrolled the Niners. Imo they were the best team in the league. Just a complete fluke of a loss with that 70 yard bomb to end the first half. Gotta feel for Manning, he knows this would have been an easy road to his second ring.

This man speaks the truth.

Umm, are you talking about Ray Lewis and Jim Harbaugh or Tom Brady?

Brady is one of the most likable sports superstars there is, don't care what anyone says. People love to hate the Pats due to Belichek and that's understandable, but that hate rubs off on Brady but he doesn't deserve it. Listen to any of his interviews, his press confs, his TV interviews, he's very likable and down-to-earth. Not a d-bag like Harbaugh or an over-the-top clown like Lewis. Pats aren't my team, I'm being unbiased.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Going to bed, just got off work... Caught large bits and pieces from the game... being so close really stings. I just, fuck, I hope Tony gives it one more go because next year could truly be our year.

No doubt in my mind that we would have beat the Ravens, oh well.... I predict San Fran wins by 17.

Fantomex

Brady is one of the most likable sports superstars there is, don't care what anyone says. People love to hate the Pats due to Belichek and that's understandable, but that hate rubs off on Brady but he doesn't deserve it. Listen to any of his interviews, his press confs, his TV interviews, he's very likable and down-to-earth. Not a d-bag like Harbaugh or an over-the-top clown like Lewis. Pats aren't my team, I'm being unbiased.

don't care what anyone says. That's why Pats fans are so obnoxious mayne. Lucifer was the most beautiful and likable of all the angels. And look where he ended up? I think Brady plays the part really really well. Many football players have said as much.

How the fuck did HD fall on that play?

FMT was right, Nolan is basura.

From what I remember it looked like his leg got caught up with the defender and he was lucky to even be near the ball.

The final part of that drive in the red zone. So....much...pain.

Just imagine if Matt hadn't fumbled, we get three points off that drive, and then we could have won the game with a field goal with that final possession.

Too many mistakes.
Defense becomes a sieve at approximately the same time the offense begins to stall out. Every time. Watching this team is like torture man. Georgia sports teams are abject torture.

The best thing about this season is that they finally got a play off win (by the fucking skin of their teeth)

FUCK

Lucifer was the most beautiful and likable of all the angels. And look where he ended up? I think Brady plays the part really really well. Many football players have said as much.

Maybe I am being duped but i've been watching football for almost 25 years and have seen countless interviews and confs and can tell when a dude is a bs'er and when he's really down-to-earth. Dirk Nowitzki is another good one.

Patriots7

Denver would've beat the Pats and steamrolled the Niners. Imo they were the best team in the league. Just a complete fluke of a loss with that 70 yard bomb to end the first half. Gotta feel for Manning, he knows this would have been an easy road to his second ring.
Because apart from the injury saddled Ravens, the Broncos beat so many good teams?

I just realized all the teams I had rooted for in each game in the playoffs lost.

Colts @ Ravens... Lost.
Vikings @ Packers... Lost.
Seahawks @ Redskins... Lost.
Ravens @ Broncos... Lost.
Texans @ Patriots... Lost.
Seahawks @ Falcons... Lost.

Finally bring myself to root for Brady and the Patriots so as to enact my revenge against the Ravens for breaking RGIII and beating Denver... Lost.

:(

Yeah, Brady isn't particularly unlikable off the field, but he doesn't have 1/10th the charisma of Ray Lewis. So I can't go with you on Brady being likable, but Lewis being an 'over-the-top clown.'

And I have no problem with Jim Harbaugh's emotive nature as a coach.

exarkun

Loooooooooooooooool. Manning couldn't even beat the Texans this year, and we sucked.

I hate Jacoby and Dunta. Because they both were trash on our team and then did it better on someone else's. Still like Pollard despite how he sucked for us because...well hes the ANTIpatriot.

I just realized all the teams I had rooted for in each game in the playoffs lost.

Colts @ Ravens... Lost.

Finally bring myself to root for Brady and the Patriots so as to enact my revenge against the Ravens for breaking RGIII and beating Denver... Lost.

Oooooooh, go for the 49ers, and see whose voodoo is more powerful, yours or Mech's.

This year's Superbowl (as is the case in most years) is a meteor bowl.
Let's just get this shit over with.

10 Fucking Yards from the Superbowl man!
We made too many mistakes. Fuck.

I guess if I have to choose a side I'm with the Ravens.
I would go Niners to keep the tradition of Falcons losing to Superbowl winners intact, but seeing Harbaugh throw that temper tantrum like an infant on the sideline filled me with disgust.

he threw a tantrum because it was a bullcrap call. what is a catch anymore? the ball was on the ground and moved/slid across the ground. by rule, that is not a catch. he didn't have his arm under the ball, he had it on the side and the ball was moving while on the ground. just a complete bullshit call but whatever we won so i jus dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

cdyhybrid

Colts @ Ravens... Lost.

Root for SF please.

he threw a tantrum because it was a bullcrap call. what is a catch anymore? the ball was on the ground and moved/slid across the ground. by rule, that is not a catch. he didn't have his arm under the ball, he had it on the side and the ball was moving while on the ground. just a complete bullshit call but whatever we won so i jus dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

You guys got bullshit calls too.
That weak ass swipe to Colin's helmet? And then on our final drive Matt gets hit in the head so hard his mouth bleeds.
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK EITHER

The Niners being in every other commercial during the breaks did not indicate any sort of bias.
Fuck legacy teams.

beast786

untitled-6kmrm7.gif

92211_o.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Well what do you think Andres?
Time to bring Vick home?

Lol no. Dude will be 33 and he's made of glass.

We should just play out the season and let's see what Matt does in a contract year. Also, Dimitroff should get more shit for drafting shitty players.

Jerry has been a terrible bust and he fucking wasted a pick on a fullback.

Ray fucking Edwards too. I hope Tony comes back for 1 year and I think he will.

Fantomex

“Why do I have three Super Bowl rings and still think there's something greater out there for me? I mean, maybe a lot of people would say, ‘Hey man, this is what is.’ I reached my goal, my dream, my life. Me, I think, ‘God, it's got to be more than this.’ I mean this isn't, this can't be what it's all cracked up to be.” -Tom Brady

5 years later...

f8Xdf.gif

You guys got bullshit calls too.
That weak ass swipe to Colin's helmet? And then on our final drive Matt gets hit in the head so hard his mouth bleeds.
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK EITHER

The Niners being in every other commercial during the breaks did not indicate any sort of bias.
Fuck legacy teams.

what the fuck? you guys got so many trash calls:

1. julio jones gets hurt but the refs call a fucking commercial break for someone unrelated to the game injured on the sideline. JJ comes back for a 27 yard gain on 3rd down

2. JJ pushes off repreatedly.... no call

3. aldon smith gets tackled repeatedly coming off the edge, falcons did not have 1 holding call against them in the game

4. decoud hooks VD from the waist on a 3rd down early well before the ball gets there, no call.

5. roddy white picks bowman on an early 3rd down. luckily it was a bad throw that bowman tipped but no flag

yeah, the roughing penalty against kap was ticky tack but the defender hits him in the head hard enough to pull down his face mask. your D should've been more disciplined. matt ryan never got hit helmet to helmet. yeah, he got fucked up on some clean legal hits and his mouth was bleeding. we also separated his left shoulder on the last drive. this is football

Lol no. Dude will be 33 and he's made of glass.

We should just play out the season and let's see what Matt does in a contract year. Also, Dimitroff should get more shit for drafting shitty players.

Jerry has been a terrible bust and he fucking wasted a pick on a fullback.

Ray fucking Edwards too. I hope Tony comes back for 1 year and I think he will.

I was joking about Vick.
I don't know what they are going to do about Matt. He had a good year but he needs to have a higher ceiling. At times he makes bad reads and critical mistakes. At the same time he's probably our best option. I just don't know.

I hope Tony comes back too but that was a heart breaking loss. Don't know man. I really hate it for him.

So mad at D block right now. Fuck those guys.

They did it FMT, Drakeon, and the rest!

Ending to that game was scary as fuck. I really believe the turning point was when Rogers tackled gonzo on 3rd down inside the 15 and forced the punt from the Falcons. After that I felt they had the game.

So long as it didn't rest on Akers, of course. I have zero confidence in him which is more than he has.

GG Falcons fans. Receiving core is insanely good. Also will miss Gonzo. The best to ever play that position and was a joy to watch his whole career.

Superbowl! Harbowl! YES!

(also, I was always right about Alex Smith not being good enough to take em to the SB, FMT)

Also great to see the Pats lose and lose like chumps. One of the few franchises I cannot stand. Thought it would be on the backs of Ray Rice and not Flacco, but he's pulling an Eli here. That scares me. But I think the Ravens weak rush defense this season could be their Achilles heal against the Niners. They've avoided good bruising rushing teams (especially when Moreno went down) in the playoffs until now.

Man, Niners haven't been to the superbowl since I was a kid. One more to seal the deal.

what the fuck? you guys got so many trash calls:

1. julio jones gets hurt but the refs call a fucking commercial break for someone unrelated to the game injured on the sideline. JJ comes back for a 27 yard gain on 3rd down

2. JJ pushes off repreatedly.... no call

3. aldon smith gets tackled repeatedly coming off the edge, falcons did not have 1 holding call against them in the game

4. decoud hooks VD from the waist on a 3rd down early well before the ball gets there, no call.

5. roddy white picks bowman on an early 3rd down. luckily it was a bad throw that bowman tipped but no flag

yeah, the roughing penalty against kap was ticky tack but the defender hits him in the head hard enough to pull down his face mask. your D should've been more disciplined. matt ryan never got hit helmet to helmet. yeah, he got fucked up on some clean legal hits and his mouth was bleeding. we also separated his left shoulder on the last drive. this is football

I didn't get to see the game until the middle of the 3rd quarter. The very first play I saw upon getting home was the Ryan fumble, so honestly I don't know, I'm just venting.

I'm not actually blaming it on the refs, we just fucked up. It's like the Seahawks game except we didn't win.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I was joking about Vick.
I don't know what they are going to do about Matt. He had a good year but he needs to have a higher ceiling. At times he makes bad reads and critical mistakes. At the same time he's probably our best option. I just don't know.

I hope Tony comes back too but that was a heart breaking loss. Don't know man. I really hate it for him.

So mad at D block right now. Fuck those guys.

Lol I thought you were but I'm drunk. We should bring in Tebow.

Turner should be cut. At least we could use Tebow at running back alongside Quizz!

Top Bottom