• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

classy..........
Niners fans are all about class!!

An Atlanta Falcons fan was stabbed in the neck during an altercation outside the Georgia Dome following Sunday's NFC Championship Game, WSB-TV in Atlanta reported.

The victim, a 35-year-old male, was stabbed after punching a San Francisco 49ers fan, witnesses told WSB-TV. After being punched, the 49ers fan stabbed the Falcons fan in the throat area, according to the report.

The Falcons fan was transported to nearby Grady Hospital.

Georgia Dome spokesman Jason Kirksey emailed a statement to The Associated Press on Sunday saying an altercation occurred in a parking lot outside the dome at 6:40 p.m. ET.

The statement says he is in stable condition and that it is unclear "if anyone involved in the altercation attended the game." Georgia Dome and Atlanta police "are investigating the incident."

The 49ers defeated the Falcons, 28-24, on Sunday to reach the Super Bowl for the first time in 18 years.

I can't believe all these people supporting the Niners. We are infinitely more likeable. Oh we'll, more glory for me.

You got my support but the thing is I'm unlucky as hell. I think you're better off with me rooting for the 49ers.

Win it for Ray Lewis, Omar, Stringer Bell, Avon and the rest of the crew!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I did not watch any Championship games, no dogs to root for =/

Oy, ESPN has this Brother vs Brother in overdrive mode I see

See you for the SuperBowl and the Commercials

I see the Failcons band-wagoners and shit talkers magically left

Niners fans are all about class!!

Hope it was Mariner who got stabbed, he deserved too

It's gonna be awful for a couple of months if the niners win..

First Giants and now Niners..

Only consolation we have is Kings are defending the crown but that went off to a bad start...

Feels like I'm getting troll like this

F2y1X.gif

Da' Fuck? o_O

Clips will always be the Clips as much re-branding can be done

They looking pretty good this year.

Fucking Cali took baseball and hockey already. Now they have a contending team in the basketball, and a team in the SB for football. Not sure about the MLS, but really who gives a fuck about the MLS. Real soccer/futbal fans only care about the EPL.

FUCK!!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can't believe all these people supporting the Niners. We are infinitely more likeable. Oh we'll, more glory for me.

You have Jacoby, sorry can't root for your team.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You have my axe, bro. I can't support the Kaeptain name change. Plus, the 9ers bandwagon is gonna be through the roof.

I think I just won't even bother to watch the fraud bowl.

Keikaku

Even with my passive-aggressive, Seahawks fanboy roommate making sarcastic comments about the Niners before, during and after the game, this is still an awesome day. The defense really stepped it up in the 2nd half but we need to get settled faster.

It's filled with crap towns (even in the nice areas) that are overpopulated with shitty roads and drivers. People aren't polite and can't even say please and thank you the majority of the time. The views are OK, but having grown up with Mt. Rainier as a backdrop, it doesn't really impress me out here. Weather sucks too, gets too warm for my own personal tastes. About the only cool things I can appreciate are the fact that alcohol is easy to get and they have sales.

OH and people are super flaky in this area. Apparently it's a thing according to several folks who have lived here or still do live here.
You don't deserve to live somewhere as nice as the Bay Area :|

The weather sucks??? At least you get to see the sun-I have to be taking vitamin D pills just so I get my regular dosage. The weather up here in Seattle is objectively worse, except for the 3-6 weeks where it decides to be just about average.

Not only that but food is much, much better down there and it's cheaper. I have no choice but to eat this half-baked crap they sell up here :/

Da' Fuck? o_O

Clips will always be the Clips as much re-branding can be done

Also Cali has like 35 different teams in each league, so you have better odds

Bro The Clips are really good now.

You have my axe, bro. I can't support the Kaeptain name change. Plus, the 9ers bandwagon is gonna be through the roof.

Salty Raiders fan joins the bandwagon of a team that beat the Pats and just happens to be playing the Niners in the Superbowl. I would have never thought it possible.

NawidA

Banned
49ers fans are the worst. Less class than a Raider fan, yet hold themselves up as some classy fucks. Go Ravens, happy I didn't have to cheer for the Pats.

etiolate

Banned
Most of the bay area hovers around 70 nearly all year long. Only some of the more inland east bay areas get hot and even then it's nothing like Sacramento or LA where it's a 100 degrees for weeks.

Most of the bay area hovers around 70 nearly all year long. Only some of the more inland east bay areas get hot and even then it's nothing like Sacramento or LA where it's a 100 degrees for weeks.

We finally feeling the affects of a cold winter. this week was the first week in a while over 70 and some parts of LA got into the single digits the last couple of weeks..

Yeah I've never been to the Bay area and thought it was hot. That's usually in the summer too when it's fucking 100+ in Fresno.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bro The Clips are really good now.

For how long though?

They still have that shitty fucking owner

I get it they got some talent there, I've seen a few games, but time will tell

If they don't sign CP3 long term and don't line up this team chemistry so that all players are kept and signed... yeah, wouldn't be surprised in 3 years they are back to being a lottery team

For how long though?

They still have that shitty fucking owner

I get it they got some talent there, I've seen a few games, but time will tell

If they don't sign CP3 long term and don't line up this team chemistry so that all players are kept and signed... yeah, wouldn't be surprised in 3 years they are back to being a lottery team
I'm just talking this year. You can never tell how good a team will be next year. Athletes regress really fast.

You don't deserve to live somewhere as nice as the Bay Area :|

The weather sucks??? At least you get to see the sun-I have to be taking vitamin D pills just so I get my regular dosage. The weather up here in Seattle is objectively worse, except for the 3-6 weeks where it decides to be just about average.

Not only that but food is much, much better down there and it's cheaper. I have no choice but to eat this half-baked crap they sell up here :/

Don't deserve? Fuck you.

I said the weather sucks for my own personal preference. I enjoy Seattle's weather. It's not too hot and it actually snows every once in awhile, as opposed to here.

Food isn't cheaper, but there are way more choices, I'll give you that one.

Kiryu

They weren't really frauds though. They nearly beat the two best NFC teams...
*Barely

Seahawks and 49ers are better than them.

Atlanta Falcons lost to fucking lowly Saints, Panthers, Bucs in the regular season.

Atlanta Falcons are Fraud of NFC.

Houston Texans are Fraud of AFC.

We NFL-GAF know it all.

Cipherr

Just wanted to stop in one last time and say that I hope Brady cries himself to sleep for weeks and has a pretty all around horrible off season too.

Thanks, bye.

*Barely

Atlanta Falcons lost to fucking lowly Saints, Panthers, Bucs in the regular season.

We NFL-GAF know it all.

You know what's crazy? If the fucking PATS would of just beat the god damn 49ers we would have been the #2 seed. 49ers would have taken care of the Falcons and we would of had TWO HOME PLAYOFF GAMES for a chance to play Joe Flacco.

I want to kill myself... this golden opportunity might not ever come again.

You know what's crazy? If the fucking PATS would of just beat the god damn 49ers we would have been the #2 seed. 49ers would have taken care of the Falcons and we would of had TWO HOME PLAYOFF GAMES for a chance to play Joe Flacco.

I want to kill myself... this golden opportunity might not ever come again.

As seen by todays performance, Joe Flacco is elite.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
What are the chances two of my good friends favorite teams make the super bowl. Fuck this shit. I don't even care is it a new season yet. Let's Go Vikings.

verbum

*Barely

We NFL-GAF know it all.

We beat your team. We played in the championship game. Talk is talk, until your team gets there, take a walk.

Patriots keys for Next Superbowl:

4. Draft TE
3. Resign Talib
2. Resign Welker
1. Trade a 2nd for Pollard

I'd put Resign Talib either 1 or 2, him leaving with an injury was huge

Welker isn't coming back, Pats are not gonna pay him and I bet they will mention those drops in negotiations.
Broncos have cash to spend? Welker to the broncos D:

Haha I said that last year, trade for Pollard so he can't kill any pats

squicken

God damn

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/cornwell-comes-out-swinging-against-de-smith/

On Friday, NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith took a subtle jab at the NFL Coaches Association and executive director David Cornwell for remaining silent in the wake of a proof-in-the-pudding 0-for-15 failure by NFL teams to hire a single minority coach or G.M. in the latest hiring cycle.

“I am certainly interested in hearing from the Coaches Association on their thoughts,” Smith said Friday. “I would have expected something from them by now.”

Cornwell opted not to be subtle.

“DeMaurice Smith is the best thing that has happened to NFL owners since they became NFL owners,” Cornwell said in a statement provided to PFT.

“De controlled both the NFLPA and the NFL Coaches Association from 2009 to 2012. During this period, De threw 3 generations of NFL players under the bus in exchange for a photo op with Roger Goodell and Robert Kraft; threw the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys under the bus to conceal from NFL players the truth about the declining salary cap; and, De threw NFL coaches under the bus when he: (1) sat silently as NFL teams unilaterally changed coaches’ retirement benefits; (2) filed an unauthorized legal brief under the NFLCA’s name during the NFL lockout; (3) kicked the NFLCA out of the NFLPA’s offices for challenging the filing of the brief, and he rolled the bus over NFL coaches when he snatched $308,000 in coaches’ dues money and sued the NFLCA because NFL coaches understandably want competent representation.

“I intend to address all of the issues that confront all NFL coaches and clean up the mess that De left behind. While I do, perhaps De will answer these questions: When you controlled the NFLCA, did you fight for uniform retirement and health benefits that will follow NFL coaches from team-to-team? Why does the salary cap continue to decline while League revenues and team values continue to increase? If you stand by the CBA that you negotiated, why do you shift money from other player benefits to the salary cap to create the illusion that the salary cap is flat or slightly rising?”

ari

Banned
Taking the ravens in this one.

So much fail from the falcons game yesterday. Fumbled when on a roll and turned it over on downs for a chance at it. Meh.

verbum

Here is the current 2013 NFL draft order. Picks 31-32 will be determined by the Super Bowl.

1. Chiefs
2. Jaguars
3. Raiders
4. Eagles
5. Lions
6. Browns
7. Cardinals
8. Bills
9. Jets
10. Titans
11. Chargers
12. Dolphins
13. Buccaneers
14. Panthers
15. Saints
16. Rams
17. Steelers
18. Cowboys
19. Giants
20. Bears
21. Bengals
22. Rams (from Redskins)
23. Vikings
24. Colts
25. Seahawks
26. Packers
27. Texans
28. Broncos
29. Patriots
30. Falcons
31. Super Bowl loser
32. Super Bowl winner

If the Rams can use those two number 1 picks wisely, there may be a real tight NFC West race this next year.

Top Bottom