• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

bionic77

The D-line needs depth. We were getting decent pressure until Kyle Love came out of the game with a knee injury, and with him not next to Wilfork that negated his effectiveness. Chandler only playing sparingly with the ankle didn't help, either.
D-line isn't going to fix shit.

Guys were wide open all game. Flacco was a bitch and missed them in the first half. Once he started hitting those guys (and most of those passes were easy) then it was over.

I loved seeing Tammy fuck up that goal line play by not taking the timeout. That is exactly what Tomlin and co. would have done, but seeing the same level of stupidity out of the Pats is awesome.

Belichick & Brady might have a great relationship, but Belichick's "calm, cool & collected" shit is getting too old for the other players. Pats have no fire anymore.

I don't think that's the real problem. The focus seems to be there. Brandon Spikes brings some fire with him, and this is just the way it's done and I think the players are down with the Patriots way (lol).

The D-line needs depth. We were getting decent pressure until Kyle Love came out of the game with a knee injury, and with him not next to Wilfork that negated his effectiveness. Chandler only playing sparingly with the ankle didn't help, either.

First round pick should probably be D-line or WR, so Bill will draft a tackle or Matt Barkley. Deadrick is a nice player, but he needs to be more consistent. Plus Vince won't last forever, need somebody to replace him sometime.

squicken

It's going to be glorious when Belichick Lawyer Milloy's Brady this off-season.

Can those two win another SB together? They'd never do it but you have to think if anyone would, it'd be Belichick

Brady has been just terrible in recent defeats, and Belichick isn't coaching to pad his regular season totals. He wants that one legit Super Bowl

I don't think that's the real problem. The focus seems to be there. Brandon Spikes brings some fire with him, and this is just the way it's done and I think the players are down with the Patriots way (lol).

Yeah well nothing will change, obviously. Its a winning formula every season, but I really think the fire is out. Brady throwing it away on 4th and 4 in a Championship game? That was pretty telling right there.

eznark

Banned
Can those two win another SB together? They'd never do it but you have to think if anyone would, it'd be Belichick

Brady has been just terrible in recent defeats, and Belichick isn't coaching to pad his regular season totals. He wants that one legit Super Bowl

Brady is 35 years old and moves like he is 50. His contract runs through 2014 so they aren't going to cut him but...if you want to trade him for anything of value you'd think this is probably the last off-season to do so. If I'm Belichick I probably feel like I have developed that offense into an almost dummy proof set of concepts and reads that anyone with a modicum of accuracy could at least operate. If I can get real value to shore up weaknesses I probably look real hard at doing so, especially when you see how quickly teams are turning around.

Then again, Belichick probably has an infinite window so why get rid of Brady? May as well milk the last ounce of juice from "his" vagina before discarding him like his ex-wife.

bionic77

Brady is 35 years old and moves like he is 50. His contract runs through 2014 so they aren't going to cut him but...if you want to trade him for anything of value you'd think this is probably the last off-season to do so.
The problem isn't his movement, it is his complete inability to throw the ball downfield.

He is basically a giant Chad Pennington at this point.

eznark

Banned
The problem isn't his movement, it is his complete inability to throw the ball downfield.

He is basically a giant Chad Pennington at this point.

Did you see the 4th and 4 with 15 yards of open grass in front of him? He threw the ball away because fucking Haloti Ngata was within 8 yards. Brady calculated that he would be unable to run 4 yards in the time it would take 6'4'' 350 lb Ngata to run 8.

What could they even get. He has what 3 years left, is totally nonmobile, has a weak arm, and seems to play much worse in the playoffs then the reg season. Plus he makes a ton of money. I doubt they could move him if they wanted to.

bionic77

Did you see the 4th and 4 with 15 yards of open grass in front of him? He threw the ball away because fucking Haloti Ngata was within 8 yards. Brady calculated that he would be unable to run 4 yards in the time it would take 6'4'' 350 lb Ngata to run 8.
Could Brady have done that when he was young though?

He was always a stiff bitch.

Also Ngata would have literally killed Brady once he sat on him. I was hoping to see that collision but Brady bitched out.

Brady is 35 years old and moves like he is 50. His contract runs through 2014 so they aren't going to cut him but...if you want to trade him for anything of value you'd think this is probably the last off-season to do so. If I'm Belichick I probably feel like I have developed that offense into an almost dummy proof set of concepts and reads that anyone with a modicum of accuracy could at least operate. If I can get real value to shore up weaknesses I probably look real hard at doing so, especially when you see how quickly teams are turning around.

Then again, Belichick probably has an infinite window so why get rid of Brady? May as well milk the last ounce of juice from "his" vagina before discarding him like his ex-wife.

Brady isn't improving the Pats enough to be worth keeping. What we've seen recently is their limit with Brady; plus they only have so much time until they have to make a decision with Mallett.

What could they even get. He has what 3 years left, is totally nonmobile, has a weak arm, and seems to play much worse in the playoffs then the reg season. Plus he makes a ton of money. I doubt they could move him if they wanted to.
He's Tom Brady. Somebody will gladly pay for him.

eznark

Banned
You guys are underestimating how good that offense was this year though. Yeah they sucked yesterday but if they can get a couple playmakers on the other side of the ball that team is fine.

A team traded for Kevin Kolb. It will be zero problem to move Brady.

bionic77

The Jets would take him in a heartbeat.

Sanjuro

Could Brady have done that when he was young though?

He was always a stiff bitch.

Also Ngata would have literally killed Brady once he sat on him. I was hoping to see that collision but Brady bitched out.

No. Brady used to be the most mobile pocket QB that I'd ever seen, still he was never capable of even making simple runs effective. His game is completely one-dimensional at this point, which isn't terribly bad in this version of the NFL.

Mallet is Bledsoe 2.0. Not going to help us in that department.

bionic77

No. Brady used to be the most mobile pocket QB that I'd ever seen, still he was never capable of even making simple runs effective. His game is completely one-dimensional at this point, which isn't terribly bad in this version of the NFL.

Mallet is Bledsoe 2.0. Not going to help us in that department.
Wha?

I am going to assume that you only watch Patriot games and that the only other qb you have seen play is Drew Bledsoe.

Just to go back to the whole read option thing, chalk me up in the "fad" category. League is correcting itself towards the run after the apex of these throwing offenses, read option QB's are going to benefit greatly from it for a while, then it will return to normal as always. NFL has been moving towards the dual threat QB for years though, it won't be seen as just a gimmick when Young, Cunningham, or McNabb were doing it.

r1mf5Tu.jpg

Don't think anyone posted this yet.

LOL

eznark

Banned
Just to go back to the whole read option thing, chalk me up in the "fad" category. League is correcting itself towards the run after the apex of these throwing offenses, read option QB's are going to benefit greatly from it for a while, then it will return to normal as always. NFL has been moving towards the dual threat QB for years though, it won't be seen as just a gimmick when Young, Cunningham, or McNabb were doing it.

I'd say it's a "fad" in the same way zone blocking is a fad. Every team is going to try to do it regardless of personnel because it is the technique du jour but eventually some teams will fall off while others will simply incorporate it and other will be true believers. It's the Tampa 2 of offenses. Totally viable but you need the right guys.

I think the more important thing to come out of this will be the uptempo pace, muddle-huddles and no-huddles.

Clearly he has never heard of Ben or Vick.
lol @ Vick being a pocket passer.

bionic77

But can a qb handle those addition hits? And is the risk worth the reward?

A qb is totally unprotected outside of the pocket and all it takes is one hit to fuck up your shoulder, knee or brains. It makes a lot of sense for rookies because it simplifies the game for them, but eventually you still have to be able to direct a passing offense without relying on your legs.

But can a qb handle those addition hits? And is the risk worth the reward?

A qb is totally unprotected outside of the pocket and all it takes is one hit to fuck up your shoulder, knee or brains. It makes a lot of sense for rookies because it simplifies the game for them, but eventually you still have to be able to direct a passing offense without relying on your legs.

Not guys like RGIII or Russell Wilson who are 170 pounds soaking wet, but Many of these QB's are getting bigger. Plus, getting hit while advancing the ball on the move is much different from getting slammed from a stationary posistion while staying in the pocket. Most of Vick's injuries came from him standing tall and throwing rather than scrambling.

bionic77

Welp, I'm feeling pretty awesome right now.
Thanks for taking out the Pats and letting me relax for these next two weeks, but I am going to have to root for the Niners.

It is going to feel all wrong, but I still blame you guys for our SB loss in 2010 to the Packers. Your team of thugs beat the shit out of us so much in the championship game that I had my doubts that we would be able to beat anyone from the NFC. For that I am going to be reluctantly raising the Niners flag this week.

edit: My brain is dying. We beat you in the divisional and our team fell apart versus the Jets. But I still blame you!

The worst part about us playing the Niners is the fact that all my West Coast family are piece of shit bandwagon fans, but I have to keep up this facade of being nice because they're a bunch of square ass lames, who could not handle the true vitriol that I want to spew from my soul into their pink hat wearing faces.

Congrats 9ers GAF. Tough loss but our team is still relatively young at the skill positions. Line on both sides of the ball need work. Need to find a replacement for Nicholas, at least on passing downs.

Miguel

The worst part about us playing the Niners is the fact that all my West Coast family are piece of shit bandwagon fans, but I have to keep up this facade of being nice because they're a bunch of square ass lames, who could not handle the true vitriol that I want to spew from my soul into their pink hat wearing faces.

I'm glad we caught Bad Flacco early in the season. Although that game may (if we had lost) would have started our tailspin about a month earlier. You guys just ensured we kept up the ruse and fell even further at the end of the season! YOU JERKS! :'(

manfestival

Feels like people are blowing up the patriots issues way too much. They lost in the AFC championship due to sloppy play. They were a top 4 team and if they were on fire they probably would have beaten the ravens. Like the reactions to the patriots are more pertinent to pretty much every team that didnt make it to the playoffs(even more so to the bottom 10 teams)

bionic77

Congrats 9ers GAF. Tough loss but our team is still relatively young at the skill positions. Line on both sides of the ball need work. Need to find a replacement for Nicholas, at least on passing downs.
Not to piss on your parade but teams don't get these chances every year.

You have to take advantage when you have a chance. I won't say the Falcons won't ever get back there, but you can't take it for granted.

And man alive this year the teams have been so shit everyone that made the playoffs is going to be kicking themselves about what could have been (except the Texans).

Top Bottom